“Fantastic Afternoon Tea”

Ufford Park Woodbridge Hotel, Golf & Spa
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Woodbridge
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

My Partner, Her Grandmother and I visited Ufford Park late last year and we have to say it was faultless! Everything from parking to the service received was seamless and the attentiveness of the staff must be commended. My partner and I both lead hectic jobs in the public sector so love to escape when we can (making us frequent travellers but not as much as we would like :)). We have stayed in some of the best 3/4/5 star hotels in the UK and Ufford park has to be up there with the best for its facilities.

Having not actually stayed the night, we are unable to comment on much more than what we could see but what we did see was great. We have booked in for our anniversary in a few weeks time and are looking forward to spending the night at Ufford park!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
MarketingD, Public Relations Manager at Ufford Park Woodbridge Hotel, Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Dear Rob
Thank you for your wonderful review about your recent Afternoon Tea at Ufford Park with your family. Actually last year we relaunched our Afternoon Teas and we must say they have gone down a storm with rave reviews - so thank you for yours.

We very much look forward to welcoming you and your wife on the 14th to celebrate your 1st Wedding Anniversary - remember to bring along your leisure gear because your stay does include complimentary use of our Health Club with deck level swimming pool, traditional sauna, steam room and hot tub, plus Gym if you are feeling energetic before dinner !!! If you wanted to upgrade to use the Thermal Suite Spa or get a Spa Treatment we strongly recommend you book this asap to avoid disappointment on what is traditionally a very busy weekend.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

I booked the hotel for a surprise meal for my husband's 60th Birthday on the 18th January 2014. The hotel staff could not have been more helpful in planning the surprise, from the very first contact to booking out. Everything was exactly as I wanted and more. The food was excellent, the rooms clean & comfortable. We had a private dining room for our party and the waiting staff were very helpful and friendly. I really could not find fault with anything. We are already planning to return a little later in the year.

Room Tip: Rooms either face the car park or golf course. The Golf course is a much better outlook!!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Lynn R
MarketingD, Public Relations Manager at Ufford Park Woodbridge Hotel, Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear Lynn
Thank you for your excellent review and happy 60th birthday once again to your husband from us. We were so pleased to read that you found our service from initial booking right through to enjoying your special meal, efficient and professional and that your bedroom was comfortable and clean for you. We will of course pass on your praise to our Head Chef and service team.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

We stayed at Ufford Park in late January 2014, our second visit in 5 months. Ours was a late booking and from our first telephone enquiry until departure everything went very well and we were made to feel that our visit was important to the hotel by all the staff. Our room was quite spacious, very clean and well decorated with pleasant water colour pictures of local scenes. We were too busy with family visits to use the golf or spa facilities but were extremely comfortable, warm and well looked after throughout our stay. The breakfasts offered are fairly traditional but of good quality with friendly helpful staff. Definitely the best of the several hotels/pubs/guest houses we have used in the area and fair value for money.

Room Tip: First floor rooms have good views over the golf course, some with small balconies.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
MarketingD, Public Relations Manager at Ufford Park Woodbridge Hotel, Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear Alan
Thank you for your fantastic review regarding your most recent visit to us. We were so pleased to read that your bedroom was comfortable and clean and that the food and service throughout your stay were excellent as well as being great value for money.

Hopefully next time you stay you will have more time to use our onsite facilities - our health club (Swimming pool, traditional sauna, steam room and hot tub plus Gym) are included in all our stays free of charge!!!

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon we hope.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

If coming by public transport (Woodbridge or Melton) be prepared for an hour's walk and rural bus timetables. Despite a normally wet January my pleasant walk was on a warm sunny day (and I saw the first snowdrops of the year). The hotel is certainly rural and I felt a bit cut off, but there is plenty to do at the hotel - golf, spa, sitting rooms, and a general laze around. The single room I had was very pleasant. Being a light and intermittent sleeper, the drone of machinery kept me awake the first night but too exhausted to be bothered by it on the second night. Heavy sleepers would probably have no problem with it. The evening meals (included in the deal) were excellent and there was a choice. The breakfast was buffet with the usual fare. Dining room staff were very pleasant and courteous. It was my first spa break, so can't compare it to anything, but the hotel did seem to have a wide variety of steam rooms, sauna, jacuzzi, etc. The swimming pool was small - half a dozen people made a crowd - but that was the only downside I saw. It would have been helpful and more welcoming if I could have had a tour round on my first day there, instead of being left to my own devices until next day when I had a massage. Then, and only then, was I given a tour and a bath robe and made to feel welcome.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for your very positive review - we were so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your first ever spa break. We do not normally get many guests who visit us via public transport but there is in fact a bus stop just a few meters past our entrance and the nearest train station (Melton) is just under 1 mile away so on a nice day you are right it is a lovely walk.

We do hope this won't be your last spa break or visit to Ufford Park. There are some lovely walks nearby which we are sure you would thoroughly enjoy - our reception team are always willing to suggest routes and we do offer bike hire if you fancy travelling further afield next time.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Myself and my mum wanted a spa indulgence. A night away from the hustle and bustle of normal life. On arrival the hotel looked dated, but pleasent enough. The receptionist were polite and friendly. The hotel inside is really dated and looks more of a throw back in the 70's.

The spa facilitates and leisure area is grubby and needs a renovation. The thermal suite was pleasant and enjoyable though again seating minimal and not the cleanest.

The dinner which was included in the deal was nice, good service and food a good 5.5/10.

The spa treatment a 30 minute facial was also pleasant and staff friendly.

Overall the hotel was outdated. The food was good. The service was good.

Would I return again or recommend to a friend? NO!

Can I also point out I never review hotels, however down to the disappointment myself and my mum felt I wanted other people to not make the same mistake and book. £90pp for dinner, breakfast, 3 hours in the thermal suite and a 30 minute treatment was an okay price however staying in a few spas which were the same price. We felt disappointed!

• Stayed: January 2014
MarketingD, Public Relations Manager at Ufford Park Woodbridge Hotel, Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Thank you for your review, of course we were disappointed to read that you would not recommend us or come back again due to our decor - this is something we in the process of upgrading but with 90 bedrooms this will take time to achieve, it is also very personal and so despite improvements we may never please every single guest.

On a positive note though we were pleased to read that you did appreciate the quality of our food, service and spa treatments. The cleanliness of the health club will certainly be addressed immediately because this is unacceptable and should always be kept to our normal high standards.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

Honestly, not one flaw..

I stopped here for 4 nights with work in Jan 2014..

Easy to find, nice spacious car park, quick and easy going friendly check in..

I found my room easily which was nice, clean and cosy..

I had a great nice sleep every night..

The shower was great and was quite powerful which is a rarity in hotels generally..

The buffet breakfast facilities were great, easy to use and the staff were friendly, helpful and very quick to serve..

The spa facilities were excellent! I used the swimming pool, sauna, steam room & jacuzzi every night for about 75 mins. I was stopping away on my own and had no problem getting chatting to local members using the facilities every night which made me feel at ease and welcome..

If I come to Ipswich with work again in the future, I will be trying to stop in this hotel for sure!!

Room Tip: I was in 207, no problems.. I can't remember hearing any noise and it's got nice velux wi...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
MarketingD, Public Relations Manager at Ufford Park Woodbridge Hotel, Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Dear Rob
Thank you for your superb 5 out of 5 review - we were so pleased to read that throughout your 5 days with us you slept well, enjoyed the complimentary health club facilities and appreciated the quality of food & customer service we offered both for breakfast and dinner.

We really look forward to welcoming you back again next time you are in Suffolk on business. If you enjoyed the health club next time you stay, you must try out our luxury thermal suite spa too !!!

Happy New Year and Best wishes

Reviewed 12 January 2014

Set in spacious grounds, in beautiful Suffolk, this hotel excels in service. Every member of staff was friendly, welcoming and professional. Stuart is exceptional in the restaurant. Despite the main restaurant being 'out of use' on our first evening, Stuart oversaw operations in the temporary venue with attention to detail and great professionalism. The food was lovely despite a limited menu. The next day, food was served in the restaurant with good choice, local produce and a good number of staff. We are not golfers but the views over the landscaped golf course are lovely. There is a two mile long pathway around the grounds. Reception and cleaning were impeccable, both efficient and friendly. Our room was comfortable and had everything we needed. Bar meals are available and looked good. Most important was the fact that the staff enjoyed working here and told us that the management cared. How rare these days.

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking the golf course not car park.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
MarketingD, Public Relations Manager at Ufford Park Woodbridge Hotel, Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Dear Trevor
Thank you so much for your excellent review - it was a delight to read thank you. We are very proud of all our staff and the fact that we are family owned and run, we think does shine through to our guests.
We were very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay so much and your comments on the high cleanliness standards throughout and the quality of our food. We are in fact into the long process of updating the hotel and the reason you were in a temporary restaurant for one night was because we have just put in a brand new floor into the main kitchen, which naturally caused some considerable upheaval - but it is all back now and looking fantastic!
We very much look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Best wishes and Happy New Year.
Director

Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodbridge
Seckford Hall
Swan Hotel & Spa Lavenham
Hintlesham Hall
Hintlesham Hall
#1 of 1 in Hintlesham

Been to Ufford Park Woodbridge Hotel, Golf & Spa? Share your experiences!