“Visiting family”

GreenLeadersGold level
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Visiting family”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

It's in a nice setting the staff were lovely and couldn't do enough, the room was big and clean needed a couple of things only had one bedside drawer but was loads of room for two , some of the light bulbs didn't work and the flow of water from the tap in sink was odd but overall the bed was very comfy and it was nice and warm .

• Stayed March 2014
Director_Ufford_Park, Public Relations Manager at Ufford Park Woodbridge Hotel, Golf & Spa, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Linda
Thank you for your great review. Sorry about the couple of maintenance matters we will see to those as soon as possible. But very pleased to hear the room was clean and comfortable and our staff were wonderful throughout your stay.

We very much hope to welcome you back again next time you are up visiting family.

Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (330)
  • Polish first
Cambridge, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

I felt as a lone traveller that their security is poor; side doors are not locked at night. I was put at the end of a corridor right next to an outside door to the car park that was open all night i.e. unsecured, and completely unattended, which was in poor contrast to Premier Inn, who make sure all lone female travellers are placed securely within their buildings. I did not feel very safe. It was also noisy. I was woken by noise in the corridor the first night in the early morning and by other guests the second night who were unaware of the flimsy walls.
The Bar food choice is limited-Pubs in Woodbridge have more choice and are cheaper. Breakfast was disappointing if you are vegetarian. The View from the window was beautiful. I didn't have time to use the pool or see it, as I was working, which was a shame, and it clearly is a big bonus to staying here which would appeal to most people. The Staff were friendly in the Bar.
I imagine it is Golfers who like this Hotel or spa users but I am not sure I would stay again on my own, despite the beautiful surroundings, or bonus of pool, as I did not relax due to being aware there was just a flimsy Hotel door between me and the night..

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Director_Ufford_Park, Public Relations Manager at Ufford Park Woodbridge Hotel, Golf & Spa, responded to this review, 29 March 2014
Dear Hilary
Thank you for your review - we understand your comments about security and would like to take this opportunity to assure you that we do take security of all our guests very seriously, not just our female ones and can reassure you that all our external doors are locked in the evenings by our night managers (one is in fact a lady herself so is very conscious about being safe at night). Of course several doors are fire doors so although they can be easily opened from the inside they can not from the outside. However, when you made your booking wish us you did specifically say that you would have many bags with your (more than usual for a 2 night stay) due to your job - so it was for that reason we specifically chose you a room where you could park your car nice and close and on the ground floor so you would not have to carry all your bags up and down stairs. We honestly thought we were being helpful but if you had brought your security concerns to our attention at the time, we would have tried to move you to a 1st or 2nd floor room.
We agree being on the ground floor corridor can sometimes be noisy as guests walk back to their rooms - we do our best to remind all our visitors to be considerate to others but some forget this and for this of course we apologise.
We hope you do come back to stay with us again and next time we will do our best to appoint you a different room - also please try our Park Restaurant, which offers an alternative menu to our bar meals. All our food is prepared from fresh so if you can not find a suitable vegetarian dish on either of our 2 menus, we would ask our chef to cook you something of your liking.

Crewe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

I recently took a party of 24 birdwatchers for a long weekend in Suffolk, staying at Ufford Park. The service that we received was excellent, and everyone remarked about how much they had enjoyed their visit.
The service in the restaurant was speedy (even when full) and the staff were pleasant and friendly. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Derek O
Director_Ufford_Park, Public Relations Manager at Ufford Park Woodbridge Hotel, Golf & Spa, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear Derek

Thank you for your wonderful review regarding your recent Bird Watching stay at Ufford Park - we were so pleased to read that your whole group had a lovely time and thought our food, staff and service was excellent - so much so you would certainly recommend us and return!!

We very much look forward to this.

All the best
Ipswich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

An evening meal in the Park Restaurant was part of our Spa Weekend. The service in the Restaurant was excellent with all courses delivered very speedily. Stuart our Waiter was very pleasant and friendly as were the other staff and we would have no hesitation in recommending the Restaurant 5*****'s

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlloking the Golf Course. Ours overlooked the back where the staff parked but was...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Director_Ufford_Park, Public Relations Manager at Ufford Park Woodbridge Hotel, Golf & Spa, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear Nick
Thank you for your wonderful review about your dining experience in our Park Restaurant whilst staying at our hotel recently. We will certainly pass on your praise to Stuart our Maitre'D and our team of chef's.
Lets hope your 5 star recommendation will get even more diners in our restaurant !!

We look forward to welcoming you back again to the hotel soon.
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel specifically for a spa break and wasn't disappointed.

We arrived early to enjoy the spa before checking into our rooms. Found all staff very helpful, had our treatments explained to us and all the relevant facilities.
Spa looked smaller than in pictures I had seen but was clean and although quite busy there was plenty of room for everyone there.

Once checked into our rooms we found that one had been upgraded due to a birthday within the group, rooms were spotless with good facilities.
Dinner was included in our break and it couldn't be faulted, staff were very attentive, good choice of food on menu all of which was served to a high standard.

Buffet breakfast was also nice with lots of choice to serve yourself.

All in all a very relaxing, enjoyable stay. Golf course looked lovely too. Would definitely recommend and use again!!

1 Thank EHoffman86
Director_Ufford_Park, Public Relations Manager at Ufford Park Woodbridge Hotel, Golf & Spa, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review regarding your recent Spa Break - we were very reassured to hear that you found the facilities clean & comfortable, the food good quality with plenty of choice and our staff helpful and professional throughout.
If we are aware of any guests celebrating a special occassion we do our best to recognise this if we are able - so thank you for appreciating this in your review.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back again very soon, as well as the friends you recommend.

Upminster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

Firstly I'd like to comment on a review written by someone on the 20th March, I think this person must have been staying at a completely different hotel to me and my family!!!! We've had a fantastic time, rarely would I write a review whilst still at the hotel, it's 730am and have just woken after a comfortable nights sleep in our lovely room, we have a double bed (which my mum whose 70th birthday we are here celebrating stayed) and I had the single. From the moment we arrived yesterday morning we've have had a fantastic time, the front reception ladies were very helpful on our arrival, the spa reception staff we're brilliant one lady whose name I didn't get even offered to take photos of me and my family outside and didn't bat an eyelid when she had to use four cameras!!!! Nothing was a problem. We had a lovely time relaxing by the pool and in the thermal area, we had booked four Wraps and was greeted by four very friendly spa staff, my whole experience during the wrap was heavenly one of the best scalp massages I've ever had thanks to Abbie, everyone in my family agreed. Now to our dinner in the Park restaurant outstanding, our food was delicious, service was brilliant Stuart was very friendly and helpful and the even bought out a birthday cake for my mum which I had left with reception earlier, like I said I am writing this review whilst still at the hotel because we are having such a fab time, may it continue with breakfast and our pedicures this morning!!!! All I can say is we will defiantly be returning and recommending x

1 Thank Claire J
Dear Claire
Well what can we say - THANK YOU - this is what review sites are all about - we appreciate we do not get everything right all the time but we always strive to do our best and when a customer not only tells us when we do get it right but questions the more negative reviews, it speak volumes to other prospective guests. With any hotel you can not satisfy everyone's expectations but having read your detailed review we are pleased we could you and your family.

We will pass on all your praise to our team in particular reception, spa and restaurant.
We very much look forward to welcoming you all back again very soon.

Best wishes and thank you again. We trust the Breakfast and pedicure finished your exerience off just as positively as it started !!

Woodford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

One word very disappointing.
I was invited to a friends pre wedding celebration. So I did not have a chance to review the hotel before and because i was invited I went a long.

The reception area and staff were pleasant and helpful the room was not ready and I was told they would call me to tell me when it was. They never did.

I went into the bar area where one could get lunch and drinks.
it was awful the tables had been uncleaned, there were some staff trying to go around and do it but not enough. The food choices were good but the taste and presentation was not at all nice.

The bar area and tables were no better then a motor way lounge atmosphere.

The reception to the Spa was based within the area of the bar.
Upon changing and going into the Spa which by the way had no treatments available for the whole duration I was there, was one of the grubbys places I have ever visited.

The local swimming pools are in a better state. it needs a whole renovation from cleanliness to painting everything. I saw people walking around in shoes and trainers in the changing rooms. The showers were in a state. wet puddles everywhere.

You had to go pass the pool area along to reach the 'Spa area' which is no bigger then a large extended sitting room. hardly any seating a very small tub in the middle.people walking along the pool to get to it had foot wear on. I did not stay in itI looked around and left within 5 minutes.

At no stage did I see any staff in the changing areas or in the spa area either picking up a towel or drying out areas that were wet and slippery as a result of peole coming out of the pool area.
The changing rooms were cold and wet.

The gym area which I did not use was dark and depressing looking.

On entrance the reception area of the spa gave out Spa plastic bags containing a towel and dressing gown i asked for foot wear they said they did not give those. Normally one is given slippers of some sort in well established spas therefore not everyone brings them, for them to leave this out I find bizarre.

it did not appear clean at all.

Rooms
A premier Hotel standard room. basic, with bathrooms that had floors that were decorated like a public toilet.

To my disappointment but not surprise dirty towels that had been used were left in there. I called house keeping, and requested clean towels, pointed out what was left and requested the bathroom area be cleaned properly as I believed that it had not been touched.
To be fair to the housekeeping lady she did come back and clean the bathroom all over and was apologetic stating 2 new staff had started that week.

The evening meal in the restaurant was pleasant and I would class as average.

The outside grounds were beautiful if I had been a golfer I would be very happy, there are extensive grounds and a running track. If one remained on the grounds outside then there would nothing to complain about. its the inside that needs sorting.

Breakfast was again average a small section of the usual. Two bread choice brown or white basic brand.

As with other reviews I try to give an overall picture, the good the bad and the below average. This is to try and help improve services and I believe in constructive criticism rather then just being negative for the sake of it.

However I must point out that the staff were very polite and professional at all times and I believe they were working to their best with what they had when dealing with their customers. They were understaffed as the Spa reception had only one person, the bar staff were talking amongst themselves complaint they too were understaffed.

However this is no excuse for the place not to have an uplift in its decor and updating of facilities.

On the whole would I recommend NO will I return NO.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
MarketingD, Public Relations Manager at Ufford Park Woodbridge Hotel, Golf & Spa, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Dear Guest
We are always very happy to receive constructive criticism and positive feed back from guests so that we can continue to improve our services and products. We are sure (being such an experienced Trip Advisor reviewer) that you did read our past reviews before booking and on that basis booked. We fully appreciate we do not always get everything right but it is very rare we get so much wrong.

We will of course take on board your comments about staffing levels, cleanliness and decor so that all these matters can be improved upon immediately.

We appreciate that despite the helpfulness, friendliness & professionalism of our staff, and location you will not return to our hotel, which is a shame, we never like to lose guests but accept that we will not be able to please everyone and perhaps a 4 star boutique style hotel might be more suited to your needs.

Thank you and we wish you all the best. If you do change your mind and wish to discuss how we can entice you back again then we would welcome you to contact us directly by calling Nicholas Holdsworth our General Manager.

Regards
Director
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodbridge
Seckford Hall
The Crown at Woodbridge
The Crown at Woodbridge
#2 of 4 in Woodbridge
Belstead Brook Muthu Hotel

Been to Ufford Park Woodbridge Hotel, Golf & Spa? Share your experiences!