“Top quality food and service” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Dennington Queen
Ranked #27 of 91 Restaurants in Woodbridge
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Woodbridge, United Kingdom
“Top quality food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

My partner and I regularly eat here because the food and service are both top quality. Particularly recommend the Sunday roasts!

• Visited July 2014

Suffolk
“designer pub, first class grub!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Nice old building with gastro pub designer interior - pastel wainscotting, butlers aproned young waitresses, simple but tasteful furniture. Spotlessly clean.

Food was one of the most memorable meals I've had in a long time. A simple menu with a core British table but with exotic and continental touches to the side (if you want them).

This place starts with some of the finest quality ingredients that suffolk has to offer, then cooks them simply but perfectly.

The warm mackeral starter looked and tasted amazing. So fresh, and beautifully presented with green leaves and an incredible home made dressing. Including capers in the dish was a masterstroke for
for a great balance of flavours.

My steak was delicious. Quality local beef cooked perfectly, served with fresh flat mushroom and a tasty tomato. The 'chips' were huge, fresh not frozen, and exquisite with a crispy golden outside giving way to a fluffy, light centre. Others in my party were drooling so intensely that our waitress popped off and brought them a complementary bowl. Well played, Dennington, well played.

The slow roast lamb came with ratatouille and aioli. The huge beef rib was served on curried noodles Singapore style. Everything was piping hot and perfectly cooked.

Desserts were light, even the banana cake and toffee sponge. There was no custard on the menu, but ice cream and various sweet sauces took its place.

I couldnt fault any aspect of the experience, and every item served was perfectly cooked. Well done Dennington, you have a terrific team there.

Service was great. Cost was £40 a head for three courses, including a glass or two of the very nice St Peter's ale, and a sensible tip for the staff.

We'll be making this a weekly visit, I think.

Visited June 2014
DISS
“Excellent Late Lunch In Suffolk”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

We arrived late and had not booked. My companion was on 'day release' from a Norfolk nursing home and not entirely well. The staff were extremely helpful and the chef was happy to fillet my companion's Dover Sole and vary his choice of vegetables. The food was, without exception, excellent and the service relaxed and extremely friendly. Unfortunately, my companion became unwell halfway through his main course, and was obliged to abandon his meal. Once again, the staff, especially Charlotte, were most considerate and helpful. In spite of my friend's incapacity, it was a most enjoyable visit to this first class English pub.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Excellent Sunday roast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

Sunday lunch at the Dennington Queen. We hadn't booked but the staff were friendly and promptly found us a table for two. Food and service were excellent and the décor was just as it should be in rural Suffolk. Prices for the Sunday roast were reasonable and all in all it was a lovely experience.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ron T
Hoxne, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food and relaxed atmosphere.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

We dined here on a Wednesday evening. We were greeted by a happy and friendly member of staff who made us feel very welcome. We then perused the menu whilst having a drink. The menu was interesting and varied. So much so, it was a struggle on which dishes to order.
We decided on the rarebit to start, which was delicious. I had Steak and my husband had the Fish and Chips for mains. Both dishes were absolutely delicious. The food was piping hot and lots of it. The service was excellent and friendly by both front of house ladies. I would also like to add that the dishes are not overpriced and it was very good value for the quality of food we had. I would highly recommend the Dennington Queen, either for a weekend celebration or midweek treat. Service excellent and atmosphere relaxed. We will definitely be going back. Many thanks for a lovely evening. X

• Visited May 2014