“Very enjoyable”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Coach and Horses

Coach and Horses
Ranked #3 of 91 Restaurants in Woodbridge
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Kids, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: has been closed for a while but recently reopened, completely refurbished. Part of the Deben Inns group
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Very enjoyable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

I had not been to this pub for many years and was very impressed when I saw the décor. The staff were pleasant and my seafood risotto was extremely tasty. I would certainly recommend here.

• Visited July 2014

Kessingland, United Kingdom
“Excellent meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Needed a meal on way to visit family in Ipswich. Looked up various restaurants on our route and picked The Coach and Horses. We certainly weren't disappointed. We had not booked, it was a busy Sunday lunchtime but were shown to a table (for 3) almost straight away. A good choice from the standard menu and also from the specials board. I chose the steamed steak and ale suet pudding, my partner had crayfish and pea spaghetti and step-daughter had gammon steak.
I can honestly say my steak and ale pudding was the best l have ever eaten. A very generous portion packed with meat which was very tender, seasonal vegetables cooked beautifully. The gammon steak was also cooked to perfection. My partner enjoyed her crayfish spaghetti, but wished she had ordered the same as me when she saw it.
Before we left we booked a table for the following week as we are travelling that way again. l can thoroughly recommend The Coach and Horses for its excellent food and we were pleasantly surprised when we got the bill which included two large glasses of wine a pint of ale and an orange juice. The Coach and Horses is not on the main road but is well worth going a little off route to find.

• Visited June 2014
“Bad steak”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

wasn't sure what to order

So did the usual and opted for the Sirloin steak

When it arrived the fat looked like a Widgety Grub. A big lump of broiled fat and the meat was watery

At £15 wasn't impressed

When I complained I.was offered a coffee or dessert

I asked for my money back in full but was refused as I'd eaten my chips and a mouthful of the steak. We agreed on paying £5 for the meal

Can assure you will not be going back

• Visited August 2013
5 Thank tpc123
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Good food but below average service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

We came here based on a recommendation from a friend. We arrived just after 5 and it was very quiet. They have a deal between 5 and 6pm where you can get 2 courses for £10, which is a very good deal..
The food was good but not great. The portions were a good size and the highlight of the meal for me was the "famous" sticky toffee pudding.
Even without the meal deal we found food and drinks to be reasonably priced.
The service started ok but soon after 5.15 the dining area filled up very quickly with families. This is understandable as feeding a family at a restaurant does not come cheap.
But some of the staff seemed very inexperienced and the standard of service dropped. It also became quite quite noisy.
We came away a little disappointed with the experience. We have eaten at the nearby wilford bridge inn. Both are run by the Deben inn group and offer similar menus. But for us we will choose the wilford bridge in future rather than return here.

• Visited May 2014
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Always good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

Been there many times. They do a good OAP menu for two courses. Service can be okay, sometimes slightly slow when very busy, but nothing to worry about. Let's you chat. Not too many tables in the bar area if you take the dog. Very popular, so make a booking. Ideal to have a snack or main meal

• Visited April 2014