“Excellent food / service”

Georgian Coffee House
Ranked #59 of 94 Restaurants in Woodbridge
Price range: US$7 - US$12
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The Georgian Coffee House is a busy Cafe that serves a range of breakfasts, snacks and seasonal lunches using fresh local produce. We accommodate people with special dietary requirements as well as a good range of Vegetarian breakfasts and lunches
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We visited Woodbridge and stappoed her for lunch, My jacket potato and cheese was excellent, being oven baked and not like a mircrowave version. MY husband had mushroom & spinach lasagne and it was excellent and very tasty. Friendly staff and excellent service - they even provided water for our little dog.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Ordered the chilli con carne with rice, which was too spicy to eat. I pointed this out to the waitress and to the cashier when I was paying my bill. This was intended as feedback but neither was interested in the slightest.
I'm a local and I certainly will not be eating there again.

2  Thank spen67
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

we took my mother in law out for a treat today.....how disappointing....we thought somewhere like the georgian coffee house would be right up her street.....however having waited 35 minutes for our meal...watched two meals be returned by two different tables... and having drunk the drinks which had taken 10 mins to arrive...we cut our losses and told them to forget the meals...on top of that the tables were too close together for comfort...they were not cleared as quickly as they should have been and the waitresses didnt seem to know who they had served and who they hadnt.....all In all will definately not be returning and will be letting all our friends know our opinion...
in a place where there are a number of quaint and modern coffee shops this one needs to up its game to stay in business

2  Thank Speedy100
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Not quite sure what element of the place was Geogian but seeing as everywhere else was full we gave the place a go.
After being 'pointed' to our table we were ignored by all staff for a full ten minutes, eventually we went up to the counter and asked if we could place an order to be told that a waitress would be along in a minute.
The staff all seem to have a specific role to play and certainly do not seem to work as a team to help each other hence provide a good service to the clients.
When the person who takes the orders arrived she was not especially friendly and when asked what the speciality teas were, we were told they were listed on the menu which they were not.
She then had to go get another member of staff who came over and told us we could go and have a look at what they had if we wanted but we were made to feel as if we were really putting them out on a limb.
In the end we simply ordered 2 earl greys and 2 slices of Victoria sponge; the buttercream in the sponge was delicious to their credit but the teapot that our earl grey arrived in was rather disgusting.
After the earlier debacle we decided that it was easier just to shut up and put up rather than cause a scene.
I will certainly not be going back here and do not recommend that anyone visit here unless they wish to feel like they are being awkward simply for expecting a normal level of service from a tea room and daring to ask a question regarding their menu.

1  Thank BettyRobin
Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

After visiting here while on my lunch break, it is something I will not do again in a hurry.

After having to wait what seemed like a lifetime for my order to be taken, I then had to wait 40 mins just for a sandwich. The sandwich arrived without a smile from the waitress or an apology for the decade that i had spent waiting for it.

Not one to visit if you're in a rush, or fancy eating before you reach 100!

2  Thank EmilyMilly