“Won't be returning”

Ranked #50 of 92 Restaurants in Woodbridge
Price range: US$4 - US$18
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The East Coast Diner is the place for parties! Open all day, every day join us for Brooklyn-style burgers, 'Posh' Pizzas, gourmet hotdogs, after school milkshakes or late night cocktails.
Woodbridge, United Kingdom
“Won't be returning”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Dined here a while back and wasn't overly impressed but thought I'd give it another go! Howling hot burger came on an enormous pile of rather salty, vinegary jalapeños that weren't particularly pleasant, asked if I wanted fries with the burger, yeah sounds great, about 20 small fries came on the side for the princely some of £3, neither they or the burger were very nice at all, will not be giving it another go!

2 Thank curryandsoup91

London, England, United Kingdom
“False information on website”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We travelled quite a way to eat here as vegan friends recommended it but there were no vegan options. Website states that there is a burger and a hotdog as a vegan option but the bread contains animal products and the sausage made of quorn. It looks as though my friends have been unknowingly eating animal products.

4 Thank Danielle N
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Excellent food with wonderful service”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

My daughter and I popped in here for a quick bite to eat and were both very impressed. The staff were very welcoming. It's not an a la carte, but it doesn't pretend to be, it's an american-type diner. I had the veggie burger with skinny cajun-flavoured fries and my daughter the veggie hot dog with sweet potato fries; they were both delicious and reasonably priced.
We will definitely be going there again, thank you :)

Ipswich, United Kingdom
“fab food and great attentive service”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Enjoyed a delicious pizza with crisp, hot fries. The service was excellent and we will definitely be going back.

Well done, East Coast Diner, for somewhere to go that's different but doesn't fall short on good food and service.

• Visited May 2014
UK
“Overpriced and not as good as it thinks it is.”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We went to East Coast Diner on a Saturday night with my friend and his wife. They had been before and liked it. I found the menu quite confusing and very basic. On the mobile website, I had seen that the basic burger was £6.95. On the full menu in the diner, the price was the same, but it said that sides and fries had to be ordered separately (£6.95 gets you a burger in a bun, in a basket). Fries start at £3, sides are more. We spent £89 (excl. tip) between four of us, which is far too much for a burger and chips meal, particularly as the quality of the food was not great.

The service was the main problem. Our first waitress was OK. When the burgers came out, we were told "Fries will be out in a minute". Two or three minutes later they came out, but the burgers were already going cold.

The service after the meal was awful, it was a struggle to get more drinks or desserts and we got the impression that they wanted us out of there as quick as possible, even though we would have been happy to sit and have another bottle of wine. By that time the terrible dance music was so loud that we wanted to get out of there and I will not be returning.

Also dirty, untidy toilets; no serviettes, just a kitchen roll on the table; grubby glasses.... I had hoped this would be a full on 1950's style American diner experience, but it really isn't.

• Visited May 2014