“Tucked away down a side street”
Review of Richardson's Smokehouse - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Richardson's Smokehouse
Reviewed 27 April 2014

What a find! The small smokehouse is dripping in black tar and guides you to the larger shed where the smoked hams and cheeses, prawns and mackerel are sold. I bought some smoked stilton which is, if you like stilton, taking you to a new level! The smoked prawns are also special. Good to know such places exist in this corporate world of ours.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

I'd eaten in The Kings Head and had some of the smoked ham. The bar man pointed us to the smokehouse where we were greeted and served by a lovely lady. I bough a ham hock, some trout and some seven day smoked cheese. Will be back.

My only complaint, so much good food for sale I oculdn't choose!

Reviewed 31 December 2013

The smell alone is worth the visit - the food is amazing as our Veronica and her Son who now run it.
For fans of smoked ham or cheese - must visit place.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I love the variety of beautifully smoked food on sale, and the fact that the smoking is done on site adds to the interest. Life as it used to be.

1  Thank Alison M