“Good but expensive for the extras”
Review of Farm Cafe

Farm Cafe
Ranked #19 of 91 Restaurants in Woodbridge
Price range: US$8 - US$16
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids, View
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Suffolk
“Good but expensive for the extras”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have to agree with most reviews that the quality of the ingredients is very good indeed and the staff were friendly and told us in advance that there would be a delay because of the rush.

My only real quibble is that the breakfast only includes the eggs, bacon and sausages. My wife had baked beans as an extra which worked out at just under 2.5p per bean - maybe you should charge per bean?

My wifes fried eggs were overcooked which was a bit sad, my scrambled eggs were about as perfect as it is possible to get and I would thoroughly recommend them. My wifes hot chocolate was a bit insipid - but my coffee was good.

The atmosphere is excellent, the restaurant is clean and probably is the best place in Suffolk for breakfast.

It would have been nice if the knives and forks were brought to the table and the condiments in the rear section needed refreshing as there were only a fraction of the ones available in the front section.

Would I go again - yes, but it will have to be on my own as my wife wasn't happy with the eggs/ hot chocolate or the bean price!

London, United Kingdom
“Breakfast heaven”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Every year I take my son to a surprise spot for a birthday breakfast to celebrate. Normally I choose where we will be going weeks ago but this year I had to make a change at the last minute and I decided to take him to Farmcafe. I am glad that I did so.
Farmcafe is a beautiful spot for a relaxed breakfast. Everything they serve is fresh, mostly local produce and delicious. They have an amazing choice of jams and preserves some of which I have not even imagined.
We enjoyed the food and the beautiful surroundings. They also have a farm shop where you can buy those lovely jams, chutneys to enjoy at home.
It was a quite long drive for us but both my son and I shared really pleasurable breakfast. It was worth it. I am sure we will visit them many more times in coming future.

• Visited May 2014
“Higher quality snack style lunch with good produce and service”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

A good stopover for a higher quality snack style lunch if you are in this part of Suffolk. Not cheap, though the quality of the produce that you get definitely justifies the price. Service pleasant and efficient.

2 Thank ExpatComfortLover
Woodbridge, United Kingdom
“Back to its original high standards”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

First visit for a while and really enjoyed it, sitting outside in the sun reading the papers, the breakfast was delicious, service was great and best of all they have now increased the strength of the americano, it was a really good cup of coffee. Farm Cafe always used to be unbeatable but recently I wasn't so sure, today however has restored my faith, can't wait to go back.

“Overpriced salad”
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Had an asparagus salad - tasty but at £9.90 per plate - which was seven pieces of asparagus, no butter or holland aisle, half a tomato, a small spoon of beet root and squash and a few green leaves I work that out at about 800% uplift on the cost of the ingredients. I pay less for more at ottolenghi and emmets!

• Visited April 2014
Paul T, Owner at Farm Cafe, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
This was the 1st day of the asparagus season and nobody told a new chef how we presented it. We now serve a generous portion with hot butter and cheaper. Sorry!