“Dorking's finest!”
Review of Two to Four - CLOSED

Two to Four
Price range: US$22 - US$113
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Where possible we get our produce from local suppliers. We all need to think about how we can reduce our carbon footprint; but more importantly is the fact that fresh produce that's in season tastes so much better. Of course it also means our menu is constantly changing, which is great for our customers. Diners can choose from Seasonal set Lunch and set Dinner menus along with our A La Carte menu, thus ensuring our diners can enjoy variety whilst enjoying really great food that is fresh and at its peak. Our meat & fish is as locally sourced as possible and we work really hard to find organic suppliers whenever we can. We think first-class cooking deserves first-class ingredients.
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Cosy, atmospheric and well decorated restaurant with polite service, fantastic food and tastefully decorated. Would always recommend!

Reviewed 18 December 2013

This is not the place for a quick bite to eat. The meal I enjoyed was memorable - soup that was delicious, beef that had been cooked to perfection and a dessert that was a perfect end to a wonderful meal. My companions were similarly impressed by the high standard of preparation, presentation, service and atmosphere.

A thoroughly enjoyable evening

Kashka R

4  Thank Kashka R
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I'm almost loath to write anything as I don't want to not be able to get a booking here. That probably says it all!

Reviewed 8 December 2013

We had a three course midweek lunch and everything we chose was at least very good (see caveat on cheese below). Whilst the lunch and a la carte menus appear distinct we were told that we could mix and match - in effect the lunch menu was additional options on the a la carte menu at £14 for all main courses, and £6 each for starters and deserts. This is a welcome change from the rigidity of some restaurants.

Without in any way undermining the quality of everything else, unusually the star of the show was a side dish, “crispy courgette”, which we had with the main course. They would also make an excellent nibble before the main dish if you did not have a starter, hopefully this suggestion does not cause a problem for the restaurant! Next time I will definitely order them again at some point in the meal.

If I am picky, the cheese was too cold, coming straight from the fridge – when I mentioned this I was told that by law they had to keep it in the fridge but if you order cheese at the same time as the starter and main course they will take it out of the fridge then.

As a previous reviewer has mentioned, there is no music which to me is a big plus. Also surprisingly there was no noticeable road noise despite the fact that the restaurant is on the busy one way system. There was just the gentle buzz of conversations between groups of people enjoying their meal – but with the tables well spaced talk on one table did not intrude on others.

There have been mixed comments by previous reviewers on the service. My only criticism, and this is me being picky again, is that the starter took a little longer than ideal to come. Otherwise both the speed and the style of the service, and the ambiance in general, were ideal for our relaxed lunch. We were there over two hours which was fine for us, but this is not the place for anyone on a tight schedule. (Obviously having only had lunch there I can not comment on the service at dinner!)

It is not cheap to eat here, but if you look at the menu on the website you will not get any surprises. We thought it definitely worth the money and plan to eat there again.

1  Thank PercyVeerance
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I went here for a family meal today. The setting was relaxed but classy with lovely little personal touches. The staff were attentive, helpful and friendly. The food was quite outstanding and I totally recommend you order a side order of battered courgette strips if you go! I had the £12 set lunch menu. Oriental pork pie with hoisin sauce starter was divine and quite possibly the tastiest thing I have ever eaten! The Beefburger was not as one would expect in a bun. but instead a cylindrical shape with gorgeous accompaniments piled on top. Delicious. Will definitely be going back and totally recommend.

1  Thank JoReading