The hotel itself is fairly clean, room was adequate but very small and basic. The bathroom was pretty dark and the decor is definitely stuck back in the 70s. Check in went fine etc. but we ordered a taxi to get to a wedding and when our party came down at the arranged time, and there was no sign of the taxi, the hotel staff went to pieces.
Rather than just calling again and checking where they were, it became like a Fawlty Towers farce with them insisting the car was outside the front, then the back, then that it was on its way and generally making it a minor issue very stressful (one of our party was doing a reading, hence it being a bit stressful to start with). All without calling the taxi service. Finally they took us seriously and called and we got to the wedding with seconds to spare but just bit frustrating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This beautiful old coaching inn with its old oak beams, open log fires and inviting lounge has 41 en suite rooms and is located in Dorking. Ideal for visiting Dorking and the surrounding picturesque villages and Chessington World of Adventures. Easily accessible via the M25, Dorking train station is 5 minutes away. The hotel also features the Coach House Restaurant, Bar and Lounge. Room service and parking available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The White Horse Hotel, Dorking reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure White Horse Dorking Hotel Dorking
- Mercure Dorking
- The White Horse Hotel, Dorking Surrey