Stayed here during a recent business trip from the US and although this hotel has a quaint charm, the amenities are average at best from US hotel standards. The rooms are clean and well made, but they are older in style and condition. In addition, I must have dealt with at least three spiders in the room and had a difficult time regulating the room temperature via the radiator control. My room was very small compared to US standard hotel sizes and I certainly would recommend the Wooton House as a better choice if you don't mind a longer commute into Dorking. The staff are pleasant but not overly friendly. The breakfasts are very good and the restaurant and pub are sufficient. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again but I would classify this as average.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This beautiful old coaching inn with its old oak beams, open log fires and inviting lounge has 41 en suite rooms and is located in Dorking. Ideal for visiting Dorking and the surrounding picturesque villages and Chessington World of Adventures. Easily accessible via the M25, Dorking train station is 5 minutes away. The hotel also features the Coach House Restaurant, Bar and Lounge. Room service and parking available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The White Horse Hotel, Dorking reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure White Horse Dorking Hotel Dorking
- Mercure Dorking
- The White Horse Hotel, Dorking Surrey