I've stayed here a couple of times and found it to be very adequate with lots of charm but lacking in some of the finer points that you expect in modern, characterless hotels. I really enjoyed breakfast but learned quickly that "tea for one" means exactly that; enough for one cup.
This is an 18th century coaching inn with parts that are even older and is very well located on the High Street. It has lots of annexes all over the place and my colleagues told me the rooms on the front of teh main building are noisy.
Areas for improvement include providing air-conditioning (oh boy, was it hot at night and I didn't want to open windows being on the ground floor) and making sure there is enough water pressure. I almost had to runa round to get wet in the shower. The rooms have fridges but they really weren't up to much at all.
So some more modern facilities and this could have scored very highly
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This beautiful old coaching inn with its old oak beams, open log fires and inviting lounge has 41 en suite rooms and is located in Dorking. Ideal for visiting Dorking and the surrounding picturesque villages and Chessington World of Adventures. Easily accessible via the M25, Dorking train station is 5 minutes away. The hotel also features the Coach House Restaurant, Bar and Lounge. Room service and parking available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The White Horse Hotel, Dorking reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure White Horse Dorking Hotel Dorking
- Mercure Dorking
- The White Horse Hotel, Dorking Surrey