“Very Accommodating”

Nightless Copse
Nightless Copse
Ranked #8 of 12 Dorking B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Nothing to fault here. Cycle storage was excellent (in a very large garage / barn) and our hosts were even so kind as to allow us to use their pressure washer so as to get the worst off our absolutely filthy bikes.

The rooms were very spacious, clean and well furnished and the showers had adequate pressure. Breakfast was delicious and certainly set us up for the day. We even managed to find a new favourite yoghurt, which was a bonus.

The area is particularly pretty, close enough to the amenities of Arundel, but far enough away so as to be very peaceful, passing aeroplanes aside.

Would certainly return.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Georgina E, Owner at Nightless Copse, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Thanks! Hope to see you again next time you come exploring the Surrey Hills - hopefully in direr conditions!

Reviewed 10 March 2014

We stayed at this B&B when attending a 40th birthday party nearby and Georgina was extremely helpful from the outset, asking if I needed any taxi numbers etc...

She also gave me tea and homemade cakes in the dining room when we arrived.

The room was spacious, very well kitted out and extremely clean with a good size ensuite bathroom with lovely products.

The breakfast was also delicious, with apple juice made from their own apples, homemade musli, fresh fruit salad and anything cooked you could possibly want.

It was also extremely good value at £85.

Would highly recommend it and will definitely stay there again if we are ever in the area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sophie C
SurreyDoodie, Owner at Nightless Copse, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Thank you for your review. Glad you enjoyed your weekend. Hope to see you again!

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Let me start by saying I do not normally stay at B&Bs. I travel a lot in my job, and this was the 3rd of 3 weeks away from home having stayed in my normal choice of chain hotels already in the previous 2 weeks of this jaunt.

I took a punt on this place as it was the nicest looking accommodation in the area. For some reason Dorking doesn't seem to be blessed with my usual choice of hotels?

The B&B itself is run by a charming couple who go out of their way to make sure you have what you need. I cannot fault it. I had freshly cooked breakfast when I wanted it, home made cereal, home baked bread spread with home made marmalade, washed down with apple juice pressed with apples from their own orchard, and freshly pressed coffee made with beans roasted by a family friend. Room and bed were extremely clean and well presented.

I can see why they get a lot of repeat business. If working in the area again, I would definitely stay there without hesitation. The only downside (and this is not the fault of the Nightless Copse!) is the semi-rural location (which is in itself a pleasant change to the hustle and bustle of town or city hotels), means you need to pop out for food to one of the local pubs or restaurants- of which there are many.

5 stars! Thanks Georgina and Norman -see you again!

Room Tip: There are 2 rooms, a double and a twin.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ChrisReboot
SurreyDoodie, Owner at Nightless Copse, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Many thanks for your kind words. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to be able to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

I stayed here whilst visiting for a friend's wedding. Georgina picked me up from the station took me to the house to drop off my bags, waited for me to get ready and then dropped me at the church! Breakfast was amazing as well. So accommodating, and a really lovely place to spend the night. I wish I had had more time there. Thanks again!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Camilla G
SurreyDoodie, Owner at Nightless Copse, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

So pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your kind review. I hope we can welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

We were attending a wedding near by, I dropped the bags and car off after the wedding and before the reception and George gave us a lift back to the reception and then offered to pick us up after it finished if the timing was right after the harvest supper she was going to.It worked out so well and we had a lift back too. Service above and beyond in my book. We had a very nice room, wonderful comfortable bed we both slept very well in the peace of the countryside. The next morning Norman cooked us a great full English. All in all a great stay in a really nice B & B. I will wholeheartedly recommend to anyone.
Many thanks to George and Norman for a great stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NigelJD
SurreyDoodie, Owner at Nightless Copse, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2013

Many thanks for your kind review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. Hopefully we will see you again some time?

Reviewed 11 September 2013

Stayed when attended a friend's wedding less than a mile away.Cuppa and tasty flapjack on arrival. Lift to our friend's wedding. Great Breakfast, home made bread, luxury yoghurts, very welcoming hostess.

Whether in the area for business or pleasure I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
SurreyDoodie, Owner at Nightless Copse, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Many thanks for your review. It was great to meet you all! Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

We stayed here for two nights whilst in the area for a family wedding. George and Norman couldn't have been more helpful or accommodating, suggesting local walks for us. The breakfast was wonderful. We would definitively recommend a stay here. Thanks again for everything!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
SurreyDoodie, Owner at Nightless Copse, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

Many thanks for your kind review. Hope to see you again!