“Lovely stay”

Ranked #6 of 12 Dorking B&B and Inns
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Lovely stay”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Myself and my partner stayed here for a wedding in August 2014. Norman and Georgina contacted us in advance and greeting us warmly on arrival, throughout we were made to feel very welcome. All the facilities were superb and we were supplied with biscuits and bottled water in our room which is always welcome. Breakfast the next day was very well cooked and there was plenty of choice. Both Norman and Georgina were very helpful in suggesting places to visit around the area and I was sorry we had to leave as I could happily have stayed there for a week. We will definitely stay there again if we are in the area.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
SurreyDoodie, Owner at Nightless Copse, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Thank you! We hope to welcome you again when you have more time to explore all that the area has to offer.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed here as it's close to work and reasonably priced. Very impressed with what I found. The lady who runs it was very helpful, room was spacious and clean. Very good price for the quality that was delivered. A little bit out of the way but easy enough to find. Good little pub which served bar meals 2 minute drive away but other than that not a great deal to do. Didn't stay for breakfast as I was leaving before it was on but they offered to do me mine early, nice personal touch here. Will definitely stay here again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your kind review. So glad you have found us and we look forward to welcoming you again when you are working or holidaying in the area.
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stayed here with wife from Friday to Sunday to attend a wedding locally. Lovely friendly welcome from George (as she calls herself). We'd had late lunch so did not want the tea and cakes offered.. We had the excellent double room with a very comfy bed to get a good night sleep (you do get occasional planes to Gatwick)! Good shower in large bathroom. Plenty of room to park. All facilities in the room and good choice of drinks to make yourself. Attempted the walk in the woods out the back but wife did not have appropriate shoes, trainers at minimum required. Great Breakfast caters for every requirement and felt guilty only having the delicious cooked breakfast (good sausages, bacon, fluffy soft scrambled eggs, big field mushrooms, tomatoes cooked instead of almost raw as you get in some places) and cooked to order how you like it! Used the local taxi company she recommends who were reasonable price to rip off quotes I got elsewhere. Also went to dinner Friday at the Star Inn locally. Old pub with good food, big portions! I can thoroughly recommend this place and the fact it is away from the nearby villages is good! Would go back anytime. May do so I can go to Denbies nearby for the wine tours tasting!

Room Tip: Only have two and the double is good! Had a peak in the twin which was unused and open which also l...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
SurreyDoodie, Owner at Nightless Copse, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Many thanks for your very complimentary review. We look forward to welcoming you again when you can explore more of the Surrey Hills and the delights the area has to offer.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Nothing to fault here. Cycle storage was excellent (in a very large garage / barn) and our hosts were even so kind as to allow us to use their pressure washer so as to get the worst off our absolutely filthy bikes.

The rooms were very spacious, clean and well furnished and the showers had adequate pressure. Breakfast was delicious and certainly set us up for the day. We even managed to find a new favourite yoghurt, which was a bonus.

The area is particularly pretty, close enough to the amenities of Arundel, but far enough away so as to be very peaceful, passing aeroplanes aside.

Would certainly return.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Georgina E, Owner at Nightless Copse, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thanks! Hope to see you again next time you come exploring the Surrey Hills - hopefully in direr conditions!
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We stayed at this B&B when attending a 40th birthday party nearby and Georgina was extremely helpful from the outset, asking if I needed any taxi numbers etc...

She also gave me tea and homemade cakes in the dining room when we arrived.

The room was spacious, very well kitted out and extremely clean with a good size ensuite bathroom with lovely products.

The breakfast was also delicious, with apple juice made from their own apples, homemade musli, fresh fruit salad and anything cooked you could possibly want.

It was also extremely good value at £85.

Would highly recommend it and will definitely stay there again if we are ever in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sophie C
SurreyDoodie, Owner at Nightless Copse, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Thank you for your review. Glad you enjoyed your weekend. Hope to see you again!
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Let me start by saying I do not normally stay at B&Bs. I travel a lot in my job, and this was the 3rd of 3 weeks away from home having stayed in my normal choice of chain hotels already in the previous 2 weeks of this jaunt.

I took a punt on this place as it was the nicest looking accommodation in the area. For some reason Dorking doesn't seem to be blessed with my usual choice of hotels?

The B&B itself is run by a charming couple who go out of their way to make sure you have what you need. I cannot fault it. I had freshly cooked breakfast when I wanted it, home made cereal, home baked bread spread with home made marmalade, washed down with apple juice pressed with apples from their own orchard, and freshly pressed coffee made with beans roasted by a family friend. Room and bed were extremely clean and well presented.

I can see why they get a lot of repeat business. If working in the area again, I would definitely stay there without hesitation. The only downside (and this is not the fault of the Nightless Copse!) is the semi-rural location (which is in itself a pleasant change to the hustle and bustle of town or city hotels), means you need to pop out for food to one of the local pubs or restaurants- of which there are many.

5 stars! Thanks Georgina and Norman -see you again!

Room Tip: There are 2 rooms, a double and a twin.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ChrisReboot
SurreyDoodie, Owner at Nightless Copse, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Many thanks for your kind words. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to be able to welcome you again in the future.
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I stayed here whilst visiting for a friend's wedding. Georgina picked me up from the station took me to the house to drop off my bags, waited for me to get ready and then dropped me at the church! Breakfast was amazing as well. So accommodating, and a really lovely place to spend the night. I wish I had had more time there. Thanks again!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Camilla G
SurreyDoodie, Owner at Nightless Copse, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
So pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your kind review. I hope we can welcome you again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dorking
Ghyll Manor Hotel & Restaurant
Mercure Box Hill Burford Bridge Hotel
The Plough Inn
The Plough Inn
#3 of 12 in Dorking

Been to Nightless Copse? Share your experiences!