“Intoxicating view”

The Gallery Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Gallery Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 106 Restaurants in Dorking
Cuisines: British
Good for: View, Child-friendly, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Earth
“Intoxicating view”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I booked on line, which was easy. I received an email reminder of the booking the day before our reservation, which was nice.
I asked for, and got, a Gallery Restaurant window seat with a lovely view. The waitress service was excellent, the menu a trifle limited, but the dishes we chose were very nice. Of course we had to sample the Denbies wine, Rose Hill, which was excellent, and I would recommend, especially for a lunch time. It was a little pricey by comparison with our usual meal time wines.
Denbies is an excellent place to meet up with friends, and we were left to eat and drink our fill without being harassed or made to feel a nuisance.
Definitely a place to meet up with our other geriatric friends, who seem to be spread far and wide.
Judging from what I saw of other customers, it was obvious that many people were meeting here for a meal, and to renew their friendships.
Apart from the Gallery Restaurant there is an excellent eating hall in a 'ginormous' Atrium, which has a cafeteria style service, with perhaps a wider choice menu than the Gallery Restaurant! This area caters for families and large groups, and again one has all the time in the world. You have your lunch, and chat until tea time if you wish!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank devideo

Epsom, United Kingdom
“FANTASTIC”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We have eaten here a few times and always had excellent food. Recently had our wedding reception here and had our meal in the Gallery. Food was amazing. I have had guests say its the best Lamb they have ever had. Thank you so much will come again.

1 Thank TIDDEN
Reigate, United Kingdom
“A little Dated...........”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Having wanted to eat here for several years, I chose my wifes birthday to book and give it a try.
We were shown to our requested Window seat, and found that the restaurant was pleasantly busy, in spite of our early evening booking.
The service was excellent, and very attentive, the food was reasonable rather than exceptional, but I have to say, a little pricey for what it was.
Now, this is where I come to the 'how I think they could do better' bit!
The owners of Denbies have an absolute gem in this location. There is an air of exclusivity about the place, and with a little bit of a freshen up, it could be truly special. Having said that, it was pretty full, so perhaps there is little need to change things. The menu could also be improved a little, and perhaps needs a bit more attention to detail.
One other small disappointment. This is the largest vineyard in England, and produces some exceptional wines. I would really like to see these showcased in the Gallery Restaurant, and priced so that they are more appealing. We settled for something from Chile while looking out across the 265 acres of vines in Dorking, purely on the basis that the Denbies equivalent was nearly £10 dearer.
But all in all, I would try it again, and is easily as good as some of the other upper end establishments in the local area.

1 Thank RG-B19
“Ladies that lunch”
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

I booked myself & a friend the wine tasting tour, it was really interesting and wetted our appetite for lunch. We went to the third floor Gallery Restaurant & the views are beautiful. We had a set 2 course £15.95 which is excellent value & delicious. The staff are really friendly & helpful. I would recommend it .. But reserve a table as the restaurant isnt that big.

1 Thank Dollydotdot
“Lunch with four friends”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We all had the crab starter which was delicious so we were really looking forward to the main course. Two of us had the lamb and the salmon which they said was very good but the rest of us had the halibut which was sadly very dry and chewy and very disappointing considering the £22.50 price. As a result of our complaint we were given a discount and a complimentary bottle of wine which was appreciated but it was a pity it was Australian rather than a Denbies wine. On the plus side was the kindness shown when one of my friends fainted and I cannot fault the waiter and waitress who could not have been more helpful.

2 Thank Linda W