“Classic British Estate Lake Fishing.”

Bury Hill Fisheries
Ranked #9 of 23 things to do in Dorking
London, England, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Classic British Estate Lake Fishing.”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Having fished this venue for over twenty years i can honestly say it only gets better and better with time, the old lake still looks like it has forever set in some of the most beautiful countryside in england. the newer lakes are now pretty mature and offer a great days fishing no matter what your prey, full of chunks and easily accessable for anyone. A beautiful timeless place that i look forward to fishing for the rest of my years, tight lines!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank daverave69

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Great Place”
Reviewed 28 June 2013

I visited Bury Hill with a friend for the first time on 27th June. We were very impressed with whole set-up from the tackle shop,cafe to the lakes. The guy in the tackle shop was particularly helpful - thanks a lot.

The setting is stunning and the fishing excellent (although due to my own lack of skill I found landing fish using barbless hooks difficult). I will be returning in the near future.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank stuartbasing
Haslemere
62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Fantastic fishing facilities”
Reviewed 11 June 2013

My teenage son is a mad keen match fisherman and I often have to transport him to Bury Hills early in the morning. The fishery is really well designed and the complex of fishing lakes is large and it is well stocked with a variety of fish. The setting is attractive and the catering facilities are really good if you like a full English breakfast.

Visited May 2013
Epsom, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Carp fishing on old lake”
Reviewed 5 May 2013

Old Bury Empty

I have fished for carp at this Nice but expensive venue quiet a few times over the last 4-5 years...Clearly any Carp of notable weight have been removed and placed in the specialist membership only lake.

So don't bother popping down there for the day expecting to catch a whakker.... It just won't Happen !

Visited June 2012
13 Thank tallpauls
Tarbert, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great fishery - wonderful day out”
Reviewed 28 October 2012

I travelled down from Scotland to spend time with an old friend who organised a trip to the lakes for a spot of Carp fishing. As I could not bring tackle with me he booked a days fishing to include all tackle and bait. We had a guide Eric who supplied us with all we needed and selected swims for us that would (should) produce fish.
Lovely setting and although the water had coloured badly we were able to land a number of carp to 10lb ( about max for the small lake we were fishing)
We had a wonderful day, caught fish and had brilliant sausage and bacon sandwiches with tea that tasted of tea and not something stewed out of all recognition.
The only thing we had to add to an excellent day fishing was the license which I guess the authorities have to have their cut of anything we enjoy!!!
Highly recommended and Eric was instrumental in us catching some decent carp (sorry about losing some tackle Eric!!?
A must visit for any angler.

Visited October 2012