“Did not read Tripadvisor First!”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Dos Bandidos

Dos Bandidos
Ranked #83 of 106 Restaurants in Dorking
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Reigate, United Kingdom
“Did not read Tripadvisor First!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

Love Mexican food, saw this place on passing and made mistake of trying.
Try to plug cocktails at you first before they show you the food menu.
Food was mediocre, nothing memorable, had much better elsewhere. Expensive for what it is.
Check your bill. They tried to charge us an extra £20 of drinks.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank CazMoon

Dorking, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Avoid!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

Went there with a few friends on a Sunday evening. Place appeared to be closed when we arrived, it was deserted! Service was poor - we had to ask for menus, drinks etc...even though we were the only ones in the place! Food was okay, but overpriced - a salad cost £12 as is just a bowl of leaves. Very plastic, soulless and expensive - first and last visit

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank misspee87
“Cheese Dorritos as Nachos says it all”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

The most Tacky, Plastic Mexican I have ever been to and in this day and age that just not expectable. The food was microwaved and was tasteless. I would never recommend it to my worst enemy. DONT GO THERE!

2 Thank IILexII
Cobham, United Kingdom
“Surf and Turf Dorking's Mexican Wave”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

So here's the thing , its my son's tenth birthday and I'm late back from work and feel like I've just missed the last train to El Paso!

So as the winter sun beats unsympathetically down on my weary back and my worn spurs drag deep in the dust ,I slowly lift up my poncho over one shoulder, tip my Sombrero skywards and as the tumbleweed blows erratically down Dorking high street I apprehensively stroll into the saloon bar known to you and me as Dos Bandidos.

I needn't have worried my family was already there waiting for me and being royally entertained by Hussein the friendly establishment's wonderful owner. Hanging up my holster on a handily placed cacti I then hastily sat down to join the fiesta that was already in full swing.
Dos Bandidos is the perfect venue to have not just a kids party but just about any party at all really.

The balloons and sombreros were a nice touch and helped us get into mood and character for a real Mexican feast.

The food itself is always fresh here , it's kind of a trademark thing for which Dos Bandidos are rightly proud and the vibrant spicy flavours certainly benefit from it. For just a fistful of dollars you can actually feed the whole family comfortably. Indeed for a few dollars more you could probably feed them for a whole month. But there's no ,Good ,bad or ugly here it's all party,party, party and my wife Alicia, son Ryan and daughter Zosia had an absolute blast !

I can't recommend this place highly enough and I think next time I ride into town I might just mosey on up to the bar and get stuck into the ample array of Tequila 's myself. As we were Mexican waving to our hospitable host and his lovely staff A car radio could quite clearly be heard blaring out an old Beatles classic by John Paul George and ......Gringo maybe? Well whatever, It was time I rounded up my own Fab Four and headed for the nearest stagecoach stop ,we will be back for sure but until then "hasta la vista amigos and adios muchachos"

Matt Fielder

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Henry S
London, United Kingdom
“This place is a joke”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

I have never been to a restaurant where the starters came after the main meals as some meals never came at all. I ordered a Budweiser and got a beer from the Czech Republic. It took well over an hour for any food to arrive and the manager said they was busy even though only one other table was occupied. Never go to this restaurant I'm amazed its still open

• Visited November 2013