“Radio Jackie competition winners”
Review of The Dukes Head

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dorking
The Dukes Head
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Dorking
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Good selection on the Menu we had a delightful three course meal very well cooked and presented, good drinks selection beers ,lagers, ciders, wines etc All the staff were very friendly
and made us feel very welcome nothing was to much trouble .Would recommend the DUKES HEAD to everyone. Would definitely go there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jean S
There are newer reviews for The Dukes Head

Reviewed 3 May 2013

3 friends and I recently had the pleasure of eating at the Dukes head. The food is home made, well presented and most importantly very tasty. The menu is plentiful, something for everyone The staff are so friendly which makes for a lovely atmosphere. Parking is easy with lots of room in the carpark. I think this place is a little gem and will definately visit again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank gel t
Reviewed 14 April 2013

So, as I was born in Dorking I have passed this place a thousand times - and probably correctly judging by the OLD reviews. But since the refurb and latest people took it on, I saw the Tripadvisor reports and gave it a go ... and so glad I did too.

Now - "niggles" - the menu is quite short, but there is something there for everyone. Whether you could eat there 2 nights running or not ... I may struggle. BUT - my wife is veggie and the veggie choices were fantastic! Not on the regular menu, by the veggie specials were great (so yes .. I WOULD eat there 2 days in a row!)

Another "niggle" - the beer was "OK". I love a decent pint of real ale, and this was not as fresh as I would like, but there are loads of reasons for this, so again ... no big deal.

Now - the positives. Fantastic staff! Seriously the best service I have ever had in Dorking. lovely, attentive without being over the top, and just so friendly!

Food - the best chips I have ever had! They were perfect, crunchy on the outside and like the best mash ever on the inside ... fantastic!

Cuban Burger ... I loved it. Top 5 burgers I have ever had. You could taste the meat as well as the gentle spices.

I bet they do a great Sunday lunch ... and I am aiming for this soon!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Pete2306
Reviewed 2 April 2013

Decided to try out the Dukes Head for a family meal and am very glad that we gave it a chance - I remember this pub from many years ago and it has undergone great changes

The staff are lovely, the food was really well cooked and presented and it was also priced well, Husband was pleased with the choice of beer available too.

Will return on our next visit South

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank outoftowngirl56
Reviewed 31 March 2013

Decided to have Easter Sunday Lunch at the Dukes Head, since its refurbishment. The atmosphere is pleasant. Everybody had a really good time. The food is excellent and could not fault anything. We definitely recommend this as a good eating establishment and will go again!

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank selredhill
Reviewed 29 March 2013

I revisited dukes head with my family. Used to go there 30 years ago when I lived next door! The pub has been done up nicely. Lively and warm atmosphere. Good selection of beers on tap. Our food was a little hit and miss but overall good. Service a bit slow but charming about this. Excellent steaks. Rated 5 as it is such a pleasant place. Very keen and obliging owner.

Should be revived as a pub rather than hotel. Might be an idea to reorganise parking?

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Timfromsussex
Reviewed 28 March 2013

Have eaten here several times now, the food and service has been excellent on each visit. So glad to see someone running this pub with enthusiasm at long last , the food is fantastic, very warm friendly staff. The place has been refurbished and looks bright and clean. Steak Nights on Wednesday's Fish nights on Fridays, Roast on Sunday's. Fabulous to have this as our local and a great place to pop into for a nice well cooked meal.Please dont jusdge this place on past bad reviews, it has had a refurb now has an experienced Manager and Head Chef and is well worth a visit.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HolmwoodCouple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dorking
De Vere Wotton House
#4 of 8 in Dorking
Thatchers Hotel
Thatchers Hotel
#3 of 3 in Leatherhead

Been to The Dukes Head? Share your experiences!