We stayed for one night having attended a wedding reception 1.5 miles up the road. The room was big, airy and comfortable. What made the experience even more memorable was the friendliness and service levels demonstrated by every staff member we encountered.
Our car was left at the wedding venue the night before, meaning we were forced to pay a local cab firm £20 for the short taxi ride back to Gatton Manor when the evening drew to a close, an extortionate amount for such a short distance. In the morning, the hotel staff were only too happy to put extra food on for us even though the kitchen had just stopped serving breakfast while we pondered our dilema - walk from the hotel along the roadside or pay the taxi fare again. What was surprising was that Stuart, a member of the hotel management team, kindly offered to take us in his own car to ours - for this we were extremely grateful and will happily stay at the hotel again when we are next passing and care to take in the wonderful scenery and hospitality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gatton Manor is a 18 bedroom hotel and golf club, set in 200 acres of tranquil woodlands, gardens, rivers and lakes, which form a championship length 18 hole golf course. The house dates back to 1728 and was the original Dowager's House of the Abinger Estate. Standards are high - we are AA 3* rated and our customers frequently comment on the first class food and friendly service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Gatton Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gatton Manor Dorking, Surrey
- Gatton Manor Hotel Dorking