“Family Lunch”

The Fountain Garden
Reserve with OpenTable
The Fountain Garden is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 107 Restaurants in Dorking
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
sta cristina d'aro
“Family Lunch”
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

6 people,starters & main courses.Food well prepared,served and tasty.
House wine acceptable?All in all a pleasant eating experience with friendly reception & efficient service.Good value for money.

Visited April 2014

Campello, Spain
“Overrated”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Having heard great things about this restaurant , I booked for my girlfriends birthday celebration.
We went on a quiet Monday night with 2 friends , expecting a wonderful meal.
Frankly , whilst the setting and ambiance within the restaurant is very good , I'm afraid that the food is nothing special.
Whilst we were charged top-dollar for our meals , the quality of the food was really no better than it's equivalent that can be found in any High Street chinese takeaway in any town.
Decidedly average ! We were underwhelmed and will be in no hurry to visit again.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Patrick K
“nice”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

not a bad bit of grub
food good staff good
all in all very good service eric is the main man 3 cheers for that very hard working man/hip /hip/hooray

Visited March 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Food was Disgusting - the Staff Agressive and Abusive”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I have used the restaurant a number of times for lunch, never had a great meal. Warning their lemon chicken is like a cheap findus battered processed chicken piece lightly covered in a lemonish sauce.
Their sizzling beef was not beef.
At lunch times the waiter is friendly (Eric), food terrible.

I can't believe I actually decided to go again on March 5th 2014 after recent experiences.

In the evening the other aggressive waiter is there. Having ordered three items the first was fine, I complained about the horrible batter on the prawns and the fact one was a bit strange in taste so I left the other half of them. He returned to me kicking off there is nothing wrong with them ......
Well as someone who lived in Asia and ate Tempura prawns almost daily for four years I can say these were the worst ever.

Then I tried to address the fact my sweet and sour chicken was minute pieces between the size of a pea and an olive, and this was 90%+ batter so there was literally crumbs of chicken. I complimented them on the quality of the sauce.
The guy went nuts, get out my restaurant, yap yap yap I not take your money get out get out. I happily offered to pay for the coke and the ribs, got more abuse so eventually slapped a tenner (more than the cost of the ribs and coke) and suggested he go and *&^% himself.
I eat out everyday in Dorking spending £1-2k+ per month by myself and also always tip well (20%) and don't like a fuss service wise. I will never ever set foot in this place and would advise all to avoid. The decor is beyond dated and there was a serious problem with flies on March 5th 2014 too.

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank TheSurreyDinnerSpy
“Tasteless food”
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

We went here to celebrate
Mums bday and the food was tastelesss.
They had all the good dishes but nothing had flavour.
The only thing we liked was the prawn tempura which i dont think they make it fresh probably from the frozen packet so not that hard to go wrong!
Overall wouldnt waste my money to go back!
Alsoservice was terrible, you would ask for water or cutlery and would bring you one glass or one fork rather than the whole table.the woman serving us was unexperienced and kept asking us where to put the food and we had to keep asking to take the empty dishes!

• Visited March 2014