“Excellent food”

The British Raj
Ranked #36 of 122 Restaurants in Dorking
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 12 January 2018

Don't judge a book by looking at the cover - and don't judge this restaurant by its rather austere exterior. The food is excellent,

Reviewed 11 January 2018

With friends and family we have been having takeaways and eating in in the restaurant over several years. The family run business offers great service and really good food. The dishes are beautifully prepared and adjusted to your tastes - you only have to ask. It is all cooked to order and consistently good. The welcome from the staff and the comfortable seating makes it a pleasure to dine in whilst the fast delivery service of the takeaway is excellent for a night in. Well done all at The British Raj!

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 20 December 2017

The British Raj is a Family run restaurant adjacent/ in house to the fine Surrey Hills Hotel in Beare Green near Dorking on the A24 Horsham Road. I have again recently experienced ,I must say without any doubts the finest Indian Cuisine in the UK. The very comfortable surroundings , The warm polite welcoming and professional service of Adam ( The Owner) Cody ( his Wife) Costi and Adam (Jr) .all the chef's and Bar Staff are to be credited with 100% perfection. I noticed other reviews 'winged' about delivery's poor service. Those reviewers obviously are oblivious to how difficult it can be to please everyone all of the time . From my delivered experience as with in-house the ''Team'' at the British Raj it is always 100% with FOOD,Service etc . You are missing out on a ' HIDDEN GEM' in the Surrey Countryside.
P.s Half Price on Sunday's including Take Away

1  Thank David W
Reviewed 15 December 2017

There are quite a few local Indian takeaways in our area, but this is consistently one of the best. Great tasting and always delivered promptly!

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

We have been going here for the best part of two years. Unfortunately we will not be going anymore after tonight's experience. We booked and got a table for four. Then EVERYTHING went down hill. We were told we would have to wait about 30 mins for food...ok at least we were warned, we decided to stay, had a Cobra and a Poppadom then checked the time..1 hour later the food arrived.. Cold rice, sent it back, at this point we had had enough, I was so annoyed and disappointed I lost my apatite. Asked for the bill they expected me to pay the full price. Went to see the manager and eventually he gave us the meal for free. I would have rather paid than to go through this experience, so un-professional. The excuse was they couldn't cope with the takeaway orders for delivery. We will NEVER be going back there again. Such a shame. Good luck.

Date of visit: September 2017