“Excellent accomodation.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 5 Torlundy B&B and Inns
Jedburgh
“Excellent accomodation.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2011

First class b & b, with friendly local owners mote than willing to assist with your needs.

• Stayed August 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Stockton-on-Tees
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2011

Stayed here for four nights B & B, and the welcome was very warm. Service was friendly and helpful, with a good choice of breakfasts, and the room was very clean and fresh. Tea/Coffee making facilities replaced every day, room cleaned and prepared ready for my return in the evening. I would maybe have preferred an en-suite toilet/shower, but I had my own private toilet/shower room across the hallway, and this was equally kept clean and tidy. Information leaflets were available for a wide variety of places and tourist hot-spots, also a folder was full of ideas for local places to visit, and for meals in the evening. The area is very quiet and peaceful, leading to a good refreshing night sleep. Overall, my experience of the accommodation was very enjoyable, and I would have no hesitation in booking further visits, when time allows.
This stay was used as a base for visits to a wider area than Fort William, apart from the last day before departure, when I climbed Ben Nevis, which unfortunately, I was very disappointed with, because of the amount of litter and rubbish on the way up and on the top.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
mayfitor, Owner at Torlundy House B&B, responded to this review, 20 August 2011
Ian, thank you for your good words about Mayfield. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your few days with us and that you did the things you wanted to achieve.

I am sorry about the state of the Ben Nevis summit. There are justr so many people going up there and a lot of them seem to think they can just throw their litter away and that banana skins and apple cores rot away quickly. I am afraid this is not the case because it is cold up there and just rock it can take 7 years for a banana skin to decompose. As locals here we try to instill this on guests and we hope that our guests make that small difference and bring their litter back down.

This matter has now become a topic on our local tourism forum and we are looking at further ways of educating people to keep it tidy.

Hope to see you again sometime.

Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2011

My husband and I stayed at Mayfield last month and really enjoyed ourselves - We usually stay in hotels so I was actually not sure what to expect from a B&B - I was wrong to have worried... Mayfield is clean, warm & homely... Michael is a friendly & welcoming host with massive local knowledge of how to make the most of your stay come rain or shine! A lovely bespoke breakfast awaits you in the morning, and really sets you up for the day... Little touches in our room such as bottled water, a few sweets and biscuits along with tea, coffee & even hot choc, and I must mention the bedroom carpet was super, super soft and comforting... really set this B&B apart... It even comes complete with little old ginger cat 'beeswax'! Would recommend & wouldn't hesitate to stay here again if and when we return to the area...

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
mayfitor, Owner at Torlundy House B&B, responded to this review, 12 August 2011
MilesandRachel, thank you for your review of Mayfield. I am really pleased that your experience with us and the area was good and that you had a good time. We are finding that guests who stay for a few nights, like you did, are making use of the tour information we provide as it gets you to places you might otherwise miss.

If you do come up this way again, then you will be welcome to stay with us again.

Very best wishes to you both.

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2011

Other people who reviwed this B&B spoke about how clean the place is....I couldn't agree more...in fact I don't know how they keep everywhere so clean.....a warm welcome complete with cakes.....knowledge of the area and a hearty breakfast made our 3 night stay really memorable....I would recomend this B&B to anyone and would definately stay there again......

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
mayfitor, Owner at Torlundy House B&B, responded to this review, 10 June 2011
Thank you for your review Perth45. I am pleased that you found our home clean and welcoming. We do our best to help our guests enjoy their stay with us and we like to see guests enjoy themselves and get the best out of our home area. Keeping rooms clean for you is important to us and I am afraid there is no secret apart from hard work! We look forward to seeing you again when you are next up our way.
LONDON
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2011

Really nice B&B, excellent breakfast, super clean rooms. all together very well finished. hotel standard accomodation. do make sure you dont break any of the owner's rules about check ins and check outs; otherwise you will be on the receiving end of some moodyness!

Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
mayfitor, Owner at Torlundy House B&B, responded to this review, 4 June 2011
Thank you for your review kingbennie999. We always appreciate feedback. I am pleased that you feel we provide good quality B&B with an "excellent breakfast" and "superclean rooms". I would point out that as we are a B&B operating in our family home we do provide a different service to hotels, and in no way try to emulate a hotel. Perhaps this is why you felt the rules on check in and check out were not to your liking. I seem to remember it was the check out part that was an issue for you.

When you enquired about availability and I replied I included our Terms, which were included again when you confirmed your booking, and yet again when you checked in. I am sorry that checking out by 10am was an issue for you. However it was something that was stated clearly in our Terms.

We need the time after guests check out to ensure that rooms are fully serviced and cleaned to the standard you obviously felt was good and expected. We do not have staff as a hotel would to carry this out. If guests decide not to check out at the requested time it can leave us with less time than we would like to ensure everything is ready for the next guest. I am sure you would have been less than pleased had you arrived to check in only to find your room still being prepared, because the previous occupiers had decided to overstay or worse still not cleaned properly.

Our check out time of 10am was clearly advised in our Terms (and is not out of line with the majority of other B&Bs). I would say that I do not like having to ask people to leave, even if it is beyond time. I am sorry if you felt I was moody about this. I was actually concerned about having everything ready for the next guests to occupy the room you had.

Apart from that I am pleased everything was OK for you.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2010

We stayed at mayfield for two nights and it was such a friendly and wellcomed atmosphere.There is free parking,the location is great for road trips and room was great!!!(much better than the photos).In the room have enough space and you'll find anything you need in a room.The cleanliness is in high level and sleep quality too.Breakfast and breakfast area are great and we thank Michael for his attidute and helpness.Michael will help you for anything you need and make you feel like home.We recomend this B&B 100%.Michael thanks again for everything!!!Hope see you soon!!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2010

We were welcomed with tea and cake in the lounge which was really appreciated after our long drive. Our room was excellent and there was an extensive breakfast menu to suit all. The B & B is in superb location, very quiet, peaceful and central to many attractions in the area. Mike our host has superb knowledge of the area and recommended many lovely places to visit. We hope to return soon.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
mayfitor, Owner at Torlundy House B&B, responded to this review, 28 September 2010
Thank you for your kind review troy_clair. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Mayfield, we certainly enjoyed having you both here and we very much hope that we will see you again when you return to the area in the future.
Best regards
Michael
Also consider these accommodations in or near Torlundy
Premier Inn Fort William Hotel
#8 of 21 in Fort William
Torlinnhe Guest House
Torlinnhe Guest House
#3 of 120 in Fort William

Been to Torlundy House B&B? Share your experiences!