“Great hospitality at Torlundy House!”
Review of Torlundy House B&B

Torlundy House B&B
Ranked #1 of 5 Torlundy B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 February 2013

My son & I recently booked 3 nights stay at Torlundy House while on a winter climbing trip to Ben Nevis, just outside Fort William thsi February. We arrived late, but our host, Michael, gave us a warm welcome, and provided refreshments as soon as we stepped through the door. All of the facilitites and room/bathroom were of a very high standard, modern, spotlessly clean and comfortable - more akin to a hotel than what you would expect from a B&B. Lots of little extras (free Wifi, in room TV, coffee/tea making facilities, large separate sitting/reading area, etc. The breakfast room had a great view of Ben Nevis, and the breakfast offered excellent choice and quality of food - again cooked & presented to a high standard. Good parking facilities. Torlundy was very convenient for access to local outdoor activities - skiing, walking, climbing, canoeing and mountain biking. Also only a short distance from Fort William, shops and a wide range of restaurants and shops.
The key differentiator though is alway about the personalised service and friendliness of the B&B owners. Michael went out of his way to be helpful and made us feel very welcome at all times. He was knowledgeable about the local area, activitivies available and enthusiastic to ensure we had everything we needed. We will definitely stay here again in future, and would warmly recommend Torlundy House to other potential visitors to the area. P.S. I left my mobile phone charging cable in one of the draws. Michael found it and immediately posted it, first class, back to our home!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
torlundytrip, Owner at Torlundy House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2013

Mark L, thank you for your review. I am pleased that the weather was OK for you and that you managed to get to the top of the Ben, and go back the next day do some ice climbing. I have to say that we do aim to offer a quality akin to a good hotel, but in a bed and breakfast. It is nice to know we are getting there. We are also very lucky to be in a rural situation but only a few miles from everything that Fort William has to offer. I hope you will manage to get up here again one day in the future, I will certainly look forward to you staying with us again. Very best regards to you.

Reviewed 29 November 2012

It was our first visit to Fort William and after a 7 hour journey from Cheshire, we were warmly welcomed by Michael, the owner, who offered us refreshments in the lovely guest lounge. My husband, who had mentioned his food allergies in advance, was delighted to find that Michael had provided gluten-free fruit cake to accommodate his special diet. Our room was quiet, spacious and spotless with mineral water and good quality tea and coffee facilities provided. We enjoyed a fantastic view of Ben Nevis from the dining room and the breakfast of smoked salmon and scrambled eggs with excellent cafetiere coffee and gluten-free bread for my husband was really delicious and beautifully presented. We also enjoyed chatting with Michael and the other friendly guests. On Michael's recommendation we had an excellent evening meal at the Lochy Bar and Restaurant just outside Fort William. All in all I have to say our stay at Torlundy House was perfect and I can thoroughly recommend it and hope we can return.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
torhouse, Owner at Torlundy House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2012

Only too pleased to help with your husband's dietry needs Gobb1ns. Thank you for telling me when you made your reservation, it did give me a chance to get a few extra things in for him.

I am really glad you were comfortable and enjoyed your stay, and of course found our recommendations for eating places OK.

I look forward to seeing you again, it would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again when you are up this way.

Reviewed 11 November 2012

Visiting Fort William? Well, you will not find better guest house accommodation than Torlundy House!
Set in the shadow of Ben Nevis (viewed every morning from the breakfast room) Torlundy House is outstanding in terms of the quality of the bedrooms, their furnishings and fittings, and the attentive nature of Michael, the owner, who clearly has a passion for providing the highest standard of B&B accommodation.
On arrival we were shown our room which, along with the other bedrooms, has just recently been refurbished and then a cafetierre of fresh coffee and biscuits was waiting for us in the large, comfortable lounge that is kindly set aside for guests to use.
Another nice touch, breakfast is served at 7.45am for early starters or 8.30am for a more sedate start to the day. Try the speciality of scrambled egg with smoked salmon as a change from bacon and eggs etc.
We stayed here for 3 nights and it was quite sad to leave, knowing that we would be very lucky to find that our next B&B was of an equal standard.

Room Tip: Each room is of equal quality.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Great to have such a kind review of Torlundy House, thank you Millside_Baker. I am very please you enjoyed your stay with us. It is even more important to us that you enjoyed your stay as it was at an "out of season" time. Some people find that low season offers little for them to do, however I know you found it different. There is always plenty to see here in the Highlands.

We have found the split breakfast times very popular with guests often varying their time according to what they want to do for the day. look forward to seeing you again sometime.

Reviewed 13 October 2012

This was my first accomodation on the East Highland Way and though I had just over 4 miles to walk in from Fort William, it was a wet journey so I was in need of drying out when I arrived @ Torlundy house. There was a place for my muddy boots & my jacket was whisked away to dry out. My room was spotless, providing even still & sparkling mineral water as well as excellent toiletry supplies - indeed all one needs for a very comfortable stay. I also have some special dietary needs which I had been in touch about before my visit & the response was over above the call of duty - very pleased & impressed! All was quite perfect for me & I'm sorry I was only there for one night. A great start to my adventure - I can thoroughly recommend this B&B for cleanliness, general helpfulness & excellent facilities.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
torhouse, Owner at Torlundy House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2012

I am so pleased you managed the East Highland Way Mary S. It is not exactly one of the easy walking routes as it is pretty wild, well done. I am glad we were able to get you off to a great start. All the very best for the future and many more good walks.

Reviewed 12 October 2012

We stayed here with my parents in september. Couldn't have had a better start of our holiday. Very nice house with a reception room for guests. Upon arrival we were offered coffee/tea and cakes :-) Our rooms were spacious and clean. Both the rooms and bathrooms are finished to a high standard. Breakfast was very, very good. Michael, our host, was very helpful in answering any question we had. We will definately go back when we're in Scotland the next time and I can recommend this B&B to anyone.

Room Tip: The Nevis Range Gondola is only a few (app. 15) minutes drive away.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LiWo

LiWo, great to have such compliments from a Senoir Contributor. I am just pleased we are up to the mark for you as a seasoned traveller. Look forward to you coming back again sometime in the future.

Reviewed 12 October 2012

Our 3 night stay at Torlundy House was wonderful...Michael, our host, made us feel welcome as soon as we walked in the door. Our room was very clean and our bed was so comfortable! Michael"s attention to detail was everywhere...he is definitely an innkeeper who likes what he is doing. The breakfasts were excellently prepared and served. Come morning, the view from our room was just beautiful and come evening, it was easy to sleep like a baby as it was so nice and quiet. Michael was also very helpful with information about the area. We will definitely return in the future.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Toni B, thank you for your comments, we are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, you travelled a long distance to enjoy a holiday in Scotland and we are proud to have help you enjoy your time over here. The views are still there and changing daily at the moment as the autumn colours progress, wonderful.

Reviewed 1 October 2012

I highly recommend the Torlundy Guest House! The owner and staff were very helpful and friendly. The room was very comfortable and clean. Breakfast was excellent. The owner's advice about the area was very useful. It had a calm and cosy feel and will not hesitate to stay there again when I return in the near future. The area is a very special place!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Sarah, Jayne P, we look forward to welcoming you back at Torlundy House when you are able to get to the area again. You are so right, the area is a very special place. Thank you for your comments. See you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Torlundy
Inverlochy Castle Hotel
#17 of 21 in Fort William
Ben Nevis Hotel & Leisure Club
Ben Nevis Hotel & Leisure Club
#14 of 21 in Fort William

Been to Torlundy House B&B? Share your experiences!