“One of the best pubs in Guildford”
Review of The Drummond

The Drummond
Ranked #128 of 292 Restaurants in Guildford
Price range: US$12 - US$22
Cuisines: British, Pub, Gastropub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The cream of Guildford pubs. You'll find The Drummond just outside Guildford Cricket Club, but you won't find another like it. There's always something good on, even if it's just in the culinary sense, so park yourself on one of our old-school bar stools and indulge in a plate of superb seasonal pub food, which you can see being freshly prepared in our open kitchen. Plus we've got more wines, spirits and speciality beers than you can shake a wicket keeper at. Put it this way, we know our Pilsner from our Peroni. Thank you to everyone that takes the time to review us! We appreciate all feedback and look forwards to seeing you again soon or meeting you for the first time.
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I took my wife here for Sunday lunch the other day and had high expectations after reading all the positive reviews. It did not disappoint.
The Drummond itself is a lovely place and is extremely clean, stylish and well-maintained. There is also a very nice garden, where we had our lunch. As it was a Sunday, we both went for the roast option. I had the 21 day aged beef, which was delicious. All the trimmings were cooked to perfection and the portion was generous. My wife, as a vegetarian, often has trouble finding decent vegetarian options and is often disappointed; however, the nut roast (I tried a bit too) was really very good and she was pleasantly surprised by how tasty it was, after so many let downs by other eateries, especially pubs.
We will make the Drummond a regular for us and I can't recommend it more.

1  Thank tphumphreys
There are newer reviews for The Drummond

Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

A fantastic pub - friendly staff, great beer, great food - can't fault a single thing about it. Its a pleasure to visit every time. Deserves to be even higher on the list.

2  Thank Simon S
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Found pub using trip advisor. All reviews looked good so two of us paid a visit. Great selection of beers. Staff very friendly. Menu spot on. I had mushrooms on toast, they were top tasting. Friend had fried squid and again top stuff. Ambiance was really nice with lots of tables and nice music played.
Was staying at the premier inn, so glad we walked here(10 mins) rather than stay for "plastic" food I hotel.

2  Thank Methleylad
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Really nice atmosphere good selection of ales and really good food, good portion size not too expensive and very tasty, definitely one of the best places to eat in Guildford. Also the staff very pleasant and a bit of a laugh

2  Thank sirforest
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Have visited the Drummond before for drinks and sometimes food and the standard always seems the same, with friendly helpful staff and good food with a relaxed atmosphere.. On this visit I went with family for the Sunday roast. Being a vegetarian (and one who doesn't eat mushrooms!) I find it difficult at times eating out and sometimes impossible to have a Sunday roast as not many places seem to do one. The Drummond offer a nut roast style option with all the same trimmings as their meat ones, ie Yorkshire, potatoes and veg and gravy. The only reason I haven't given 5 stars is due to the carrots, which I suspect were tinned or frozen though the Kale was fresh and cooked just right. It certainly wont put me off visiting again though.

2  Thank bluejeansmum