“Celebrating A Life Well Lived”
Review of The Drummond

The Drummond
Ranked #137 of 283 Restaurants in Guildford
Price range: US$12 - US$21
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, International, Gastropub
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Drinks, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The cream of Guildford pubs. You'll find The Drummond just outside Guildford Cricket Club, but you won't find another like it. There's always something good on, even if it's just in the culinary sense, so park yourself on one of our old-school bar stools and indulge in a plate of superb seasonal pub food, which you can see being freshly prepared in our open kitchen. Plus we've got more wines, spirits and speciality beers than you can shake a wicket keeper at. Put it this way, we know our Pilsner from our Peroni. Thank you to everyone that takes the time to review us! We appreciate all feedback and look forwards to seeing you again soon or meeting you for the first time.
Chilworth, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Celebrating A Life Well Lived”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Had the wake for my 93 year old father on Friday. Jay and team did an excellent menu (they can cater for most things, according to your needs) of savoury snacks and strawberries and cream to finish. 18 covers. Food, as usual, was superb, made of the finest local ingredients. Service was good too. Very good value, I thought for the quality / quantity we had.

i hope I don't have to arrange another funeral again soon, but I can't recommend highly enough.

p.s. I am sucker for their home made burgers in happier times.

I'll be back……..

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank DiverPaz

Guildford, United Kingdom
“Second visit and still delicious. Lovely beer garden!”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Can't fault this place. Really nice outdoor seating options - either out in front or a beer garden in the back - and delicious food! First time we had the goats cheese and veggie tart (really good!) and the fried chicken. Both were really nice! Second time had the burger (to die for!) and gammon, both really tasty. Highly recommend!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank HollisterRanchGirl
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Worst meal my family and I have ever eaten!”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Bad food- undercooked- cold pies

The Drummond is our local pub and we have gone there for years for evening drinks and the occasional Sunday lunch. Yesterday I took my wife and two children for an evening meal at 5:30. My wife and I ordered the chicken and ham hock pie while we ordered sausage and chips for our kids. 10 minutes later the food came out which we thought was very efficient. However on cutting into the golden puff pastry of my pie I found it was stone cold in the centre, not just cold but fridge cold! Before my kids could take a bite of their sausages I cut them open to find they were raw throughout. My wife's pie was also stone cold in the centre. It's one thing getting cold food but raw pork for kids was discraceful and dangerous. The pub was quiet and there was two chefs on so there was no excuse for badly cooked food. I complained and in fairness the bar man gave us two complimentary drinks while we waited for replacement dinners.
Our new dinners were steaming hot and this time the sausages were over charred but our veg had been coated in cooking oil and something that tasted like 5 spice, it was inedable. I had lost the will to live by this stage and just wanted to get out of there. We paid over £30 for the dinner and got two free drinks and a scoop of ice cream each for the kids for the price. All the dinners were inedable and an absolute disaster. I won't be rushing back and overall we were so disapointed with our local we won't be going back for beers again.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank bazmeister1
DonnaLWilson, Manager at The Drummond, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Hello, I am so sorry you experienced such a bad meal with us. As I'm sure you know, this is far removed from our usual standards. I do hope your conversation with Lisa the manager and the consequent outcome will allow you to enjoy your next meal with us without any troubles.

Thank you for your feedback and once again please accept our apologies for any upset caused.

Kind regards
Donna
Assistant Manager
Guildford, United Kingdom
“One of the best pubs in Guildford”
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

I took my wife here for Sunday lunch the other day and had high expectations after reading all the positive reviews. It did not disappoint.
The Drummond itself is a lovely place and is extremely clean, stylish and well-maintained. There is also a very nice garden, where we had our lunch. As it was a Sunday, we both went for the roast option. I had the 21 day aged beef, which was delicious. All the trimmings were cooked to perfection and the portion was generous. My wife, as a vegetarian, often has trouble finding decent vegetarian options and is often disappointed; however, the nut roast (I tried a bit too) was really very good and she was pleasantly surprised by how tasty it was, after so many let downs by other eateries, especially pubs.
We will make the Drummond a regular for us and I can't recommend it more.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank tphumphreys
Guildford, UK
“Consistently brilliant”
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

A fantastic pub - friendly staff, great beer, great food - can't fault a single thing about it. Its a pleasure to visit every time. Deserves to be even higher on the list.

2 Thank Simon S