“Nice local Indian restaurant ”
Review of The Cinnamon Tree

The Cinnamon Tree
Ranked #59 of 286 Restaurants in Guildford
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Guildford
“Nice local Indian restaurant ”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

We are going to cinnamon tree since it's reopen in Woodbridge road. Food is always excellent and fresh. Service is second to none. They knows me well that's why we don't need to order they know what we have regular. Very lucky to have a nice local restaurant in our door step.

2 Thank Leeburton8668

“Poor quality and too much food colouring”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

This is the first time I have tried this Indian restaurant (as a takeaway) and I was disappointed. The curry and side dishes were luridly coloured with food colouring which is unappetising and unnecessary, the different dishes tasted very similar with no discernible spice tastes as if all cooked in the same, very liquid, sauce and the veg curry had the strangest combination of veg, with weird textures as if leftover cooked veg and some fresh cabbage and onion had been stirred into a sauce. Not recommended.

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank Andrew B
Woking, United Kingdom
“Lovely butter chicken dish!”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I recommend the butter chicken! Very friendly staff, great, prompt service, and lovely food. We look forward to returning.

• Visited August 2013
4 Thank Hannah L
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Best curry in town”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Been coming here for years with a break a while back (probably about 4 years) when the name/management changed as I didn't think it would be as good as the original. After trying the other Indian restaurants in town I gave the Cinnamon Tree a go and I've not been back to their competitors in ages. The food is very good but what really stands out is the service, literally nothing is too much hassle. I visited 6 months ago with my wife and newborn son, my son wouldn't settle so I had to walk him outside but with no luck. The waiter quickly offered to make our order a takeaway and even deliver it, I only live two minutes away but he wasn't to know that. I visited last week with my family including my seven year old niece, it was her first curry experience and the waiter was only too happy to suggest a dish 'off menu' that would be suitable for her. This is the sort of service you only get from a family run local restaurant who genuinely want your repeat business. My only criticism is that the decor is a little tired and could do with modernising but is no different from what you would find in any similar style restaurant locally. Well done to the Manager and his team, long may it continue.

4 Thank Stu_wadey49
Aldershot
“Lies”
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

For those that had sunday buffet , put your hand in your pocket and pay for a proper meal , then you will received the best curry you have ever had this place is amazing food and superb service , will defiantly return and i live half hour away

3 Thank Jonnywalter