“Still the best home cooked British Food”
Review of Bulls Head

Bulls Head
Ranked #59 of 299 Restaurants in Guildford
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Such a cozy friendly and welcoming pub with a delightful choice of home cooked meals and of a very high standard. My all time favourite is still the steak and kidney pie - tops !!

2  Thank Lynette A

Reviewed 28 July 2014

From the outside, and from some of the reviews on here, you might think that the Bulls Head was a quaint English pub staffed by cheery bar staff and a welcoming landlord. Wrong on all counts.
I do not go to pubs purely for their atmosphere, but this was quite possibly the quietest pub I have ever been to in my life. There were 3 other people in there at lunchtime on a Sunday, one of whom stood at the bar hoping that the bar person (I can't say bar girl can I ?) might exchange at least one sentence with him. The poor girl was obviously new in the job, but surely the landlord could have showed her how to pour a drink, any kind of drink , before letting her loose on grumpy old men like me.
We ordered 2 plates of cremated food, served to us by an angry looking lady (sorry for spending our money in your pub). We passed on the food and whispered to each other so as not to spoil the library thing they have got going.
The 3 sets of people who walked in speculatively, took a quick look and then promptly left got it right.

Plenty of other pubs to choose from nearby, this place clearly does not want our custom.

3  Thank rnlg1967
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Village pub well presented with quaint interior with excellent service
This pub is well worth a visit. We had lunch which consisted of one steak and kidney pie and one of brisket main meals. Both were ample in proportion and very good on taste. To finish we had rhubarb and apple crumble between two which was also good value.

3  Thank Angela M
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Still the quaintest old English Pub with the best home cooked food, freshly prepared and piles of it. Money well spent and the steak and kidney pie is the best I have ever tasted and reminds me of my childhood. Please don't ever change how you look or the menu !

2  Thank Lynette A
Reviewed 5 May 2014

The roast I had on Sunday was very poor quality and especially disappointing compared to previous food reviews. The beef was so thin, bore no resemblance to any meat which could have come from a joint of beef and was tasteless. I don't think I have ever had vegetables (carrot and cauliflower) which have been so over-cooked such that they were effectively a soggy and watery mess. Yorkshire pudding looked pre-bought and heated from frozen. I did not complain as I did not want to upset the others in the party. Also we had to wait for a pint of beer as the barrel had just run out. That's fine but rather than the drink be brought to us when ready (as I would expect from a pub especially when there is waiter service), we had to look out for its' appearance at the end of the bar which eventually happened some minutes later.

1  Thank Martin B