You pretty much know what you're going to get with the Holiday Inn brand, but in Guildford, Surrey, you're going to get a better deal than you expected. This is because the hotel was originally part of the more upmarket (but now defunct) Forte Crest brand. It then became a Posthouse and finally a Holiday Inn.
The origins of the hotel, in terms of its pretentions to be more upmarket, can be seen in the lobby where you are greeted with an impressive illuminated "stained glass" ceiling. There is also a very well equipped fitness centre/spa.
Originally there was a separate higher end restaurant in addition to the cafe-style restaurant adjacent to the hotel lobby. The high-restaurant no longer exists and the room is used for other purposes. The remaining cafe is "ok" - but nothing special.
The rooms have always been - and remain - fairly basic ... even in Forte Crest days. But there is a good variety of options in terms of bed arrangements and the rooms have all the basic amenities that you would expect, and are usually clean, in good repair, and comfortable enough. The decor is a little "stark", but ok!
The staff are usually very friendly and professional - I've almost always been impressed with the quality of the front desk team.
The hotel rates here are rarely "cheap" but Guildford never is. Its "dormitory" proximity to London (approx 30 minutes from Guildford to London Waterloo by rail) makes it a great tourist location for those wanting to explore London and the Southeast.
There are good boutique hotel options in the area, but if you want a known quantity, the Holiday Inn Guildford is a pretty safe bet.
Note: There is free and plentiful on-site car parking and you are close to a very large supermarket (just the other side of the roundabout outside the hotel). The only downside is that without a GPS, some drivers may be a little confused finding the entrance for the first time, or then getting back onto the main A3 (which is actually VERY close and logical if you take your time and look out for either the London or Portsmouth signs which take you in opposite directions).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Holiday Inn Guildford, a modern full-service hotel, close to Guildford Town Centre and only 29 miles from London with easy access via the M25/ A3 and by train. The hotel is located near the Guildford Business Parks & FIVE Exhibition Centre . The hotel offers 168 air conditioned bedrooms including accessible (4) & family rooms. The hotel has high speed internet access available throughout and WIFI in the public areas. Stay at the Holiday Inn Guildford hotel & enjoy breakfast, lunch & dinner in the Restaurant or have a 'light bite' in our Bar/Lounge. Kids eat, Stay free!* Holiday Inn Guildford is a Legoland hotel , and also close to other local attractions such as Chessington World of Adventures, Thorpe Park & Wisley Gardens. The Academy Conference Centre at the hotel is a leading Meetings venue in Guildford offering superb meeting rooms accommodating up to 180 delegates with extensive on-site car parking available. The hotel is also a premier Wedding venue in Guildford, Surrey. 'Spirit' at Holiday Inn Guildford is an excellent fully equipped health club with an indoor swimming pool, fitness studio and gym with a wide range of Beauty treatments available. *Terms & Conditions apply ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Odigeo, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn Guildford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Guildford Hotel Guildford
- Guildford Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Guildford Surrey