“stylish.......”

Holiday Inn Guildford
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Guildford
Reviewed 31 October 2013

A different reception area from previous Holiday Inns we have stayed in, this one has a coal effect fire which made for a warm welcome from the cold evening. A warm welcome also given by Joe on reception. The room, at the end of a long corridor, was well equipped and clean, and the air con worked well, and the television was huge!
We didn't eat in the hotel in the evening, (in Guildford to watch an ice hockey match), however on our return we used the bar. Kishan was very efficient.
After a good night's sleep we enjoyed a hearty breakfast. Breakfast was extremely busy, lots of families in, however the breakfast chef was always at hand to restock the hot items, and was working very hard! The breakfast staff really went out of their way to look after the large number of children, especially with it being Hallowen'en. Staff were friendly and professional and a credit to the hotel.
Being part of the IHG rewards scheme Internet was free and a free drink included also.
We have stayed here several times before and no doubt will do again, as we had planned a visit to the Cathedral today, only to find it was graduation day, oh well, can't wait to return to the Holiday Inn Guildford, and next time hopefully Peterborough Phantoms will actually beat the Guildford Flames!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Michelle G, Manager at Holiday Inn Guildford, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Dear Bazjs,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Guildford. I am delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your stay. It is always motivating for all members of the team to receive positive feedback about the levels of service that have been delivered, but even more positive when particular departments and individuals have been highlighted. Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Guildford

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Stayed in room 230 we were met by a friendly reception lady called holy who made us feel at home within 1minute the room was nice and spacey breakfast was one of the best we have had in holiday inns would recommend this hotel to everyone I'm my opinion holiday inn Guildford is one of the best around

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear Tracy K,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Guildford. I am so pleased you feel our hotel is 'one of the best'. I have taken the opportunity of reading out your very kind comments in our morning meeting. I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

Recently spent a night at this hotel and was not disappointed. The main entrance and reception area were immaculately presented and my experience at check in was very efficient. My room was spotless and very comfortable. The restaurant was also immaculate and had a good range of dishes available. The gym was adequately equpped and well maintained as was the pool area. All in all a great stay and I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear bury28,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Guildford. It's great to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and I am so pleased that you would recommend us. I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

I guess this hotel is more for the discerning business folks and the myriad of university of surrey students who can be found by the dozens at the hotel (especially during the initiation weeks)

did my booking through booking.com and had no issues at all with the reservation

getting there from heathrow was a bit problematic as most of the black cab driver has never ever been to Guildford lol.

the appearance of the hotel was nothing like the other holiday inns..( you will understand what i am talking about once you see the place)

check in was very professionally done, although we had to wait a bit as we had arrived a few hours early compared to the normal check in time. the front desk was extremely helpful and very pleasant to deal albeit a bit overworked especially during the check in and check out times.

there seemed to be a lot of business meetings going on which was mostly in the lobby/restaurant area which added to the hustle and bustle at the hotel.

one thing which stuck out for me was the fact that the room service menu although quite limited was absolutely brilliant, i mean for that price, i was quite delighted.

please do note that there is a 3 pound tray charge which is added to your room service bill.

on a negative note though, the rooms literally have paper thin walls and felt just a tad run down. don't get me wrong, the room was more than sufficient for my needs, but somehow it left me wanting.

the shower pressure was spot on along with the availability of hot water. both were great.

getting taxis from the hotel is cinch, just ask at the front desk and it will be with you in like 10 mins max.

definitely walk-able distance to the university, barely takes 10 mins to reach the front side of the uni.

there's a huge tescos nearby, so if you ever need supplies, you are set.

overall, the hotel is exactly what you get for your buck, maybe a smidgen lesser than expectations..but like i said, for your basic needs its more than sufficient.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Michelle G, Manager at Holiday Inn Guildford, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Dear letsnotpack, thank you for taking the time to write a review following your stay at the hotel. Customer feedback forms a vital part of our business and it is through constructive comments that we are able to strive to improve the service we offer our guests. I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future. Kind Regards Nick Aristodemou, Operations Manager.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Have to admit, I wasn't expecting much from a holiday inn. But the reception and bar is absolutely amazing. You have to see it to believe how beautiful it is. The Reception staff are professional and efficient albeit less personable than other hotels I've experienced. However, I guess that's to be expected from a hotel that mostly caters for conference and business guests. I had a quick look at the conference rooms which looked very sharp and professional.

The room was very well kept and I was happy to find a TV and a fridge. Sadly I didn't get to eat in the hotel but the menu looked great but a tiny bit expensive. Can't judge if it's worth it. The Bar is stupidly over priced, especially spirits and wines. The only thing I found that was value for money was the whiskey. I know generally hospitality gets more expensive with every mile closer to London but the prices here are extortionate. Its a shame that such an exquisite looking bar should be brought down by the prices.

I would stay here again just to try the food menu but not to drink. The room was cheap because I booked early and it proved to give outstanding value. Of what I saw service was great.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Michelle G, Manager at Holiday Inn Guildford, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Dear trustoflee, thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Guildford. I am delighted you found your stay 'shockingly good'. We are very proud of our hotel and we are so pleased that you found it so beautiful. With regards to bar pricing, this is set centrally by our Head Office. I will of course forward your feedback on to them so they can review. I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future. Kind Regards Nick Aristodemou, Operations Manager.

Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

Like this hotel a lot. Staff always extremely friendly and helpful, front desk and gym in particular. Everyone is normal and capable of having a conversation! The rooms are spacious and although a little tired are clean and well furnished and showers are always hot and powerful. I like the full closing shutters as they make the room dark for a good nights sleep. Food is restaurant is tasty, the group I was with had Indian buffet which they said was hot and fresh and I picked sausage and mash which was very tasty. Gym facilities are really good and there is also a pool and classes which take place. Internet is free if you're a guest and is very quick. Breakfast is also plentiful and tasty- will be staying here again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Michelle G, Manager at Holiday Inn Guildford, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Dear VICKISOPINION, thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Guildford. I am delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your stay. I will of course share your kind comments with the team, I know they will be very pleased. It's always motivating for all members of the team to receive positive feedback about the levels of service that have been delivered. I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future. Kind Regards Nick Aristodemou, Operations Manager.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

Great pool, varied menu and nice staff. 'Nuff said.

Hotel is near a supermarket with a cafe and a green for a little stroll. Adjacent to A3 for convenience. Cathedral is quite close.

The little luggage trolley in reception comes in handy. Hotel is on a hillside so reception / ground floor is atop a slope and some floors are beneath it.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Michelle G, Manager at Holiday Inn Guildford, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Dear Rich S, thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Guildford. I am delighted you had an excellent stay at the hotel. I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future. Kind Regards Nick Aristodemou, Operations Manager.