This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel as our son is in his first year at the University so it is very convenient for us to visit or stay when we drop him off.
The staff we have come across are very friendly and efficient, check in and out quick and simple. Bar and lounge area very cosy and lovely to come in to a 'coal' fire, think its probably gas, after coming in from the cold also spotlessly clean. We have not used the restaurant or leisure facilities so can't comment.
Room cleanliness very good though I did spot a few areas that could be improved upon mainly in the bathroom, though nothing to complain about.
Both myself and my husband found the bed far too hard and uncomfortable, it was the same the last time though in a different room. Hypnos beds, I have slept on these before in other hotels and find them the same. I woke both mornings with back ache, these beds would benefit from a mattress topper to soften it a bit.
The hotel is quiet at night no traffic noise that we noticed and no light pollution, nice thick curtains to keep out the light, wifi is available though not free like in most hotels we stay in, paid the first time we stayed but didn't bother the second time, just used our phones instead.
The hotel is well situated for us, just down the road from the University and a short drive to Guildford which has a huge car park which is easy to find right near the cinema and some other restaurants.
If you plan your trip you can get a great rate, both times only paid 75 per night would not pay full rate have found best rates are usually 3- 4 weeks before you travel though should imagine it depends on the time of year and what they have on or how full they are.
Overall would recommend and will stay again despite the beds purely for convenience but may try somewhere else next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Holiday Inn Guildford, a modern full-service hotel, close to Guildford Town Centre and only 29 miles from London with easy access via the M25/ A3 and by train. The hotel is located near the Guildford Business Parks & FIVE Exhibition Centre . The hotel offers 168 air conditioned bedrooms including accessible (4) & family rooms. The hotel has high speed internet access available throughout and WIFI in the public areas. Stay at the Holiday Inn Guildford hotel & enjoy breakfast, lunch & dinner in the Restaurant or have a 'light bite' in our Bar/Lounge. Kids eat, Stay free!* Holiday Inn Guildford is a Legoland hotel , and also close to other local attractions such as Chessington World of Adventures, Thorpe Park & Wisley Gardens. The Academy Conference Centre at the hotel is a leading Meetings venue in Guildford offering superb meeting rooms accommodating up to 180 delegates with extensive on-site car parking available. The hotel is also a premier Wedding venue in Guildford, Surrey. 'Spirit' at Holiday Inn Guildford is an excellent fully equipped health club with an indoor swimming pool, fitness studio and gym with a wide range of Beauty treatments available. *Terms & Conditions apply ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Guildford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Guildford Hotel Guildford
- Guildford Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Guildford Surrey