“Wonderful Second Visit”

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Guildford
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Second Visit”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

This was my second visit to HI Guildford last week! I didn't post a review after my first trip here as I didn't quite get round to it. Coming from a hospitality background myself I know how important first impressions are and I really feel I should commend the receptionist who greeted us (Holly/Hope - really sorry I cant remember) she gave us a very warm welcome back, as did every staff member we encountered. Room was immaculate (love the little extras!) and food was delicious! Well done Holiday Inn Guildford - you are an asset to the brand and Management Team - I will most certainly be back soon!!!

Room Tip: Loved room 346!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Michelle G, Manager at Holiday Inn Guildford, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear Paolo F,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Guildford. I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your kind comments regarding Holly and the rest of our team. We do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Nick Aristodemou, Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Had a fantastic time here for my girlfriends graduation - exceptional customer service and value for money. Clean and comfy rooms, tidy bar and restaurant, large car parking. WIll be staying hear again!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Michelle G, Manager at Holiday Inn Guildford, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Dear Jackj220022,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Guildford. I am delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Brixham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 March 2014

The English idiom 'Good can come from bad' never ceases to astonish - so many times in life it comes true.
My wife needed to attend the Royal Surrey Hospital (A short stay operation) so two nights at the nearby Holiday Inn seemed perfect. However the booking went haywire and on our arrival on Monday the 3rd March, my wife and I were expecting difficulties.
(She required a large comfortable bed well away from me!! And by error, we had been allocated two singles and before that had occurred we had been booked-in on the wrong dates.)
Within only seconds of introducing ourselves and explaining the problems we were immediately greeted as if we were family members of the Group's senior management.
From then on, all the staff members we came across were polite, helpful and did all they could to make our stay as pleasurable as was possible.
The General Manager - Nick - was equally as caring and has willingly taken on the task to establish why our booking went so wrong.
The suite was just what the doctor ordered, as was the food and general ambiance.
It sounds rather odd to say that despite the unpleasant reason for our return to Guildford, we really enjoyed our time at the Holiday Inn and would recommend it unreservedly.
Nick and his team were better than good - they were excellent and we are very grateful.
Thank you all.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Michelle G, Manager at Holiday Inn Guildford, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Dear John46Woking,

Many thanks for taking the time to write such a lovely review following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Guildford. It was a pleasure to meet you and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

I was very pleasantly surprised with the size of the room and the bed. The shower was extremely powerful which was great. Huge choice of fresh cooked breakfast. I was really pleased however with the service I received everywhere I went in the hotel. The staff could not be more helpful. Would defo stay here again if I was in the area.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Michelle G, Manager at Holiday Inn Guildford, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear Sambaha,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Guildford. I am delighted you would describe the service you received as 5 star. I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We stayed here with our daughter & family in two rooms. From the moment we arrived, every staff member went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed for the children.
The restaurant was equally good and it was nice that they took so much effort over every aspect.
Rooms were good, leisure centre was ideal. Will certainly stay again if/when in the area.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear Bernard P,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Guildford. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff. I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Market Deeping, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

Having recently experienced a poor HI in Swindon, I was very impressed with the quality of service and food at this hotel. The welcome and booking in procedure was very efficient and friendly. I had a double room with sofa bed which was very comfortable. Only minor gripe was a noisy air conditioning unit which kept me awake. Food and service in the bar and restaurant was excellent. We had the Legendary burgers which were indeed Legendary! Great breakfast and again good service. For the room rate I paid was exceptional value. Would recommend

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Michelle G, Manager at Holiday Inn Guildford, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear Jamie O,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Guildford. I am sorry to hear your experience at our Holiday Inn in Swindon did not meet your expectations. However, I am delighted your stay here was good and you would recommend us. Thank you for your comments regarding the air conditioning unit, which I have since asked my maintenance department to look in to this . I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Petersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

I spent the last 2 days on a training course at the holiday inn in Guildford. Every member of staff I encountered was more than helpful and polite. Outstanding. Live too close to justify staying here. Keep it up Guildford holiday inn! Can't comment on accommodation but if customer service is that good I am sure the rest of the hotel will follow.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Kate H,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review following your recent visit to our hotel. I am delighted your course went well. Thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff. I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.