“Good stay & great staff”

Holiday Inn Guildford
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Guildford
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Best holiday inn I've stayed in for a while. Expensive, but nice clean well appointed room, food was good and all the staff I came into contact with we're excellent. Chloe & Apple in the restaurant were very helpful and efficient. Thanks also to the helpful assistant who I accosted to sort out my fridge.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Michelle G, Manager at Holiday Inn Guildford, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Guildford. I am delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your stay. I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here as we were attending a party at the hotel. The food provided by the hotel for this party was disgusting but we were so hungry by the time it arrived that we ate it.

The room was ok but as we found out in the middle of the night, not remotely sound proofed, courtesy of a connecting door. The bath wasn't particularly clean, the toilet roll was poor quality and the towels were minuscule. We requested soft feather pillows, were supplied with foam pillows, and irritatingly had to request again.

Room service was satisfactory.

The air con in the room didn't work.

The "spa" turned out to be a tiny jacuzzi (not working) and a tiny pool full of kids having a very loud swimming lesson with a shouty teacher. Incredibly disappointing and irritating.

We never found a lift so we had to heave our luggage up and down the staircases.

Breakfast was a buffet, everything you would expect, couldn't complain on this front.

We booked this hotel via a comparison website so it was heavily discounted. We would definitely not recommend paying full price for the room we had.

We were at least spared hideous coffee - they serve Starbucks at the bar, of course at inflated prices.

• Stayed: April 2014
Nick A, Manager at Holiday Inn Guildford, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear FionaJG,

Thank you for the time you have taken to write your online review and provide us with your specific feedback. I am really keen to discuss your recent stay with you as we are committed to ensure our guests have a pleasant stay with us.

Please contact me on e-mail nick.aristodemou@ihg.com should you wish to discuss further.

Kind Regards

Nick Aristodemou
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Stayed for just one night following a wedding. Checked in after midnight and lingered over a very good breakfast the following morning. Staff on reception and in the dining room were all very friendly and helpful. Bedroom was too hot, but I hadn't noticed the air con, so maybe it would have been possible to cool it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
HIFarnborough, Manager at Holiday Inn Guildford, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear walkfan8,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the online review.

We are glad to hear you found everyone to be friendly and helpful and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind Regards

Nick Aristodemou
Hotel manager

Reviewed 20 April 2014

we found this hotel when looking at the Chessington world of adventure site, although 20 minutes away I am very pleased we chose this one . I would recommend this hotel to anyone but particularly families. Nice clean rooms, great breakfast ,kids enjoyed the pool. Would return to this hotel without hesitation.

1  Thank bazza974
Michelle G, Manager at Holiday Inn Guildford, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Just one night spent here after visiting a local attraction. Hotel was lovely and clean and the family room we had was spacious. Breakfast was amazing. Full English, pastries, cereals. Children enjoyed swimming pool and all staff were very friendly. Would go back.

1  Thank Lottiepot

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Guildford. I am delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your stay and that you would describe our breakfast at amazing, this is music to my ears! I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

My daughter and I stayed here last week. There are some good points to this hotel; it is easy to find and the parking is plentiful, the people on reception and the man who is in charge of the Health Centre are very pleasant. Our room was adequate and quite clean but certainly no more than that. It was a long way from Reception and down in the basement There was no lift so I had to carry the bags down myself. The minibar was empty and the walls were very thin; I could hear the man next door talking on the phone. We had dinner in the restaurant where the waiter was very pleasant but the food took a very long time to come and,in the end, I was given a free drink to make up for the fact that we had waited so long for a steak and chips and a bowl of soup. The lobby area is modern but the pool and changing rooms need updating and are very old fashioned. The WIFI is prohibitively expensive and it is crazy that a business hotel thinks that these sorts of rates are acceptable. The breakfast was fine though. I think they could do better here.

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Guildford. I am pleased you found our staff on reception, Health Club Manager and Waiter very pleasant but disappointed you would describe our hotel as overpriced and room for improvement. I can assure you that we always seek to maintain the very highest standards of quality and service. Customer feedback forms a vital part of our business and it is through constructive comments that we are able to strive to improve the service we offer our guests. I will certainly discuss your comments with our management team. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Lovely Swiss chalet design hotel up a leafy drive ideally located on the outskirts of Guildford. Plenty of sitting out areas. Great room, fabulous staff, and superb breakfast. Management sorted out a problem with great aplomb, and demonstrated they really care about their guests. Would definitely stay again, and recommend to others. Well done and thank you.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family