Holiday Inn Guildford
US$89
US$86
US$97
US$93
Premier Inn Guildford North (A3) Hotel(Guildford)(Great Value!)
US$75
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewssofa bedsports parkthorpe parksurrey universityconference facilitiesgood sizeresearch parkbusiness hotelexecutive roomreception staffbusiness tripstayed here for one nightfamily roomfollowing morningbreakfast was excellentbooked this hotelservice charge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 May 2014

For a large hotel, this appears quite friendly, The place was clean, everything worked, and easy parking. The dinner menu is limited (and my "baked Alaska" turned out to be a cheesecake!) but the all you can eat breakfast is excellent.

Room Tip: The hotel is far enough away from the main road to avoid road noise.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank john c
Michelle G, Manager at Holiday Inn Guildford, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Guildford. I am delighted you scored us 5 stars. I am sorry you felt the dinner menu was limited, I will of course discuss these comments with the team. I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Wrote a review last year so thought I'd update. What has changed? Well very little. Staff still excellent. Front desk moved my room immediately when asked. All other staff do their utmost to help but breakfast was a bit more chaotic than before.
Food is still awful and overpriced. Vegetarian options are the usual veggie burger, chilli, lasagne. Zero marks for imagination. Still use premium telephone numbers for bookings and reception so anyone calling you has to pay IHG for the privilege . Thank goodness for FaceTime.
So overall this is a good hotel mostly due to the staff. One final point, any chance of the double bed being an actual double and not two singles ( badly) joined together?

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank veggie-dave
Michelle G, Manager at Holiday Inn Guildford, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Guildford. I am disappointed you would describe our food as awful. I will of course forward your comments on to our Head Chef and to our Head Office who write the menus. We can certainly allocate you a room that's not one of our 'zip & link' beds, please do request at time of booking. I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel for three nights in April with my two teenagers. The hotel is located out of town and therefore everything is a taxi/bus/car ride away. We got an online pay-in-advance deal which made quite a saving from the normal rate, and we were in an 'executive' room - two queen beds and a put-you-up bed - which was a good size for the three of us. Whilst I would say that the hotel is geared up towards the business traveller in-room wi-fi was not free, which really surprised us. Overall the hotel suited us well for a short duration, and the kids liked the pool and gym. My only real bug with the hotel was the cleanliness of the restaurant cutlery and crockery, it was well below average. We were on a bed and breakfast package and only ate breakfast at the hotel. Each morning we had to go through the cereal bowls to find a clean one, and changed our on-table crockery and cutlery each morning as it was dirty. If this aspect of the hotel had been better we may have taken other meals there, but as it was, we ate elsewhere for lunch and dinner. We checked out very early on our last day and the hotel was extremely accomodating putting us each up breakfast in a bag - fruit, juice, yoghurt etc - that was a nice touch.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Michelle G, Manager at Holiday Inn Guildford, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Jeni41,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review following you recent stay at the Holiday Inn Guildford. I was most disappointed to hear you found the hotel cleanliness below average. Please be assured I have spoken with the Restaurant Manager in regards to this for his immediate action. Once again, thank you for your feedback and I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Hotel was excellent.. Good service.. Impressed by the management.. Stayed with bunch of colleagues.. Dinner was awsum due to genuine smile of supro.. helped to choose our dinner.. found him everwhere made us special later we found he is for everyone. Nice team and we want to come back soon.. Cheers

• Stayed: May 2014
Michelle G, Manager at Holiday Inn Guildford, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Guildford. I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

have stayed here 4 times now once again we could not fault this hotel
room was spacey nice big bath nice double bed and the breakfast was well cooked and hot
once again in my opinon this holiday inn is proberly one of the best in the country that my wife and i have visited
many other holiday inns could learn a lot from this hotel on how to cook a hot breakfast as others seem to fail in the breakfast area
i passed my comments on to the reception manager what a nice hotel guildford was i think he was shocked by the comments and proberly did not know who to pass the comments to

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Michelle G, Manager at Holiday Inn Guildford, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Guildford. Once again, we are delighted you had a great stay. Your comments had been fed back to myself and our Cluster General Manager. Thank you once again and I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.