“Good all round Italian chain”

Ask Italian - Guildford
Ranked #41 of 290 Restaurants in Guildford
Price range: US$9 - US$17
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: ASK Italian in Guildford is a place for great food and warm service. Think fresh bread made to tear and share. A glass of fine wine worth deserving of your time. Delicious main dishes prepared the traditional way. Everything we know and love about Italian food is served straight to your table. Take a look at our Guildford menu and, if you like what you see, book a table.
Reading, United Kingdom
“Good all round Italian chain”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I had the Stromboli pizza, which was absolutely massive and great value for money (delicious too, thankfully!). For afters I had the chocolate amore, which was very rich but well worth ordering. The still raspberry lemonade was also lovely. My friend and I both thoroughly enjoyed our meal, and found the price very reasonable. Would definitely return.

• Visited June 2014

• Polish first
Guildford, United Kingdom
“ASK anyone, we're ALWAYS very satisfied!”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My wife and I have been regulars at ASK for coming on 5 years in Guildford, we attend at least once a month, we spent the night before our wedding day there with our closest friends. We celebrated our engagement with an impromptu dinner, we started the evening off of my wife's 30th there (and they were wonderfully accommodating and could not do enough to help!). We hold so many happy memories that are intertwined into our lives which makes us place the standards we expect far higher than other restaurants that we go to.

So once again on Saturday we headed to ASK (unusual as we normally take advantage of the vouchers that ASK offers, but we just had a hankering!) From the moment we got there the relaxed, comfortable atmosphere once again struck us. We sat, and enjoyed our drinks, as always the staff were attentive without being overbearing, plus we have got to know them now, so it is lovely to chat and catch up!

Orders were placed, and to start we had a Focaccia Mediterrenea, Bruschetta and Portobello al forno (we always share our starters). The food was piping hot on arrival smelled wonderful, beautifully presented and the flavours complimentary, distinct and absolutely wonderful with adequate portion sizes!

After devouring our starters we then had a lovely 20 minute gap between then and the mains, a lovely touch, as a meal is an event, and digesting our starters, with time to enjoy our drinks and talk (a thing we both love) whilst taking in the relaxed atmosphere and digest our starters.

So to the mains, well my wife had the spaghetti carbonara, a dish we both love, and thus place huge importance on it being exceptional, and ASK, specifically the chefs did not disappoint! The pasta was slightly al dente, with a distinct and smooth cheese flavour (complimented by fresh grana padano) with a generous amount of pancetta. Also, it was not either to oily, or heavy!
I myself ordered what has become my favourite dish this year, the Rump Steak Tagliata (with extra chillies, I LOVE chillies!) Once again the steak was prepared correctly and flavoursome, coupled with the rosemary flat bread, fresh rocket, chillies, tomato and grana padano it really is a treat for the tastebuds!

We finished off with mint tea infusion, a lovely pallet cleanser and really quite a lovely tea! I highly recommend it! We have had dessert before, and never have been disappointed! Although I know my wife would love to have the Pistachio ice cream back on the menu! (hint hint ASK!)

Our bill for drinks, food and our tip came to £60,well worth the money (although you can eat and drink heatedly for much less!)

Overall we once again loved the experience! everytime we go we always do, and we would highly rate this restaurant to everyone who loves wonderful Italian food, with fantastic service and in a lovely atmosphere! We simply cannot wait to go back!

Thankyou once again to ASK and their staff!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Chris N
Hampshire, United Kingdom
“Always good”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Food very good. Staff willing to swap out items and halve dishes to share (when visiting with our small grandchildren)!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank The2OfUs_10
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Ask and u will get”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

dined on Saturday night whilst down in Guilford ,the food was good and piping hot, our waiter very attentive .and the choice of food was just right to suit our tastes. Nice atmosphere and a good mix including families.

Reccomended

• Visited May 2014
Guildford, England, United Kingdom
“Tasty Italian!”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Pizzas and pasta dishes taste like home made. Always welcome late diners too. How can you resist. A regular visit for pizza with artichoke and spicy ones too. It has more thought put into it unlike other Italian places I've been.

Visited April 2014