Have stayed here alot recently on business. Have to say that the hotel has so much potential...owners and management are definitely missing a trick or two.
Customer Service could be improved upon...we should be made to feel that nothing is too much trouble...I really feel the complete opposite.
Rooms are dated especially the bathrooms..Refurb rooms are OK but showers have no pressure at all.WiFi is a joke...no signal in alot of the rooms...good signal in the lobby...a signal booster is needed.
Tapas Bar is lovely...great bar and ambience. Disappointing food finishes at 8pm especially when some of us on business work late.
Room service would be an excellent addition.
Rooms at the front of the hotel are noisy at night...no double or secondary glazing. Some windows do not shut properly. Young lads shouting alot and delivery drivers turning up at 11.30pm - 2.30pm to deliver to Boots etc...
Apart from all of this the location is fantastic for town, bars and restaurants.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Angel Posting House is a a beautiful Boutique Hotel located in the heart of Guildford which has been tastefully styled to encompass the best of British opulance from days-gone-by. Each bedroom lends itself a distinct personality from the next. Our rooms are named after past patrons including; Jane Austin, Oliver Cromwell, Nelson and Lord Byron to name but a few. Offering free wifi, complimentary newspapers and full room service, The Angel Posting House is perfect for a weekend retreat, business users and a family stop-over.The newest addition to Angel Gate is the restaurant, the latest evolution of the hotel's rich history, which brings in a new era of unsurpassed quality dining. Serving a select menu of in-season produce, the food is prepared with passion and care, respecting classic dishes while incorporating recent dining fashions. Our select menu is complemented by our extensive wine list, and staff are on hand to help choose the perfect partner for your chosen dish.Angel's Bar is always on hand as a place to relax and take in the 800yr old surroundings whilst enjoying a bottle of wine, beers from around the world or even a cocktail or two!Whether you're looking for a weekend retreat, a top quality meal, or a meeting place for social occasion, The Angel Posting House is here to offer you our warmest hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Angel Posting House and Livery reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angel Posting House And Livery Hotel Guildford
- Angel Posting Hotel And Livery
- Angel Posting House And Livery Guildford, Surrey