“Adequate at best”
Review of Holroyd Arms

Holroyd Arms
Ranked #17 of 22 Guildford B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 December 2011

Couldn't find a room at a decent price in Woking, I came across this one in Guildford.

Wouldn't stay here again.

The place is a neighbourhood pub, the lanlady is friendly and the food is edible but no more. The rooms are in a lodge type affair behind the pub. very gloomy, tiny TV, couldn't get the shower to run at more than a lukewarm dribble.

The place is too far out to walk to, so by the time I'd paid for taxi's and trains to Woking, it cost me about £75 a night anyway

Never again

Room Tip: Spend a bit more on a premier Inn
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Holroyd Arms

Reviewed 1 December 2011

The accommodation is basic, but very good value for money. A twin room for two nights at a total of 116 pounds is very reasonable indeed and I couldn't find anything like that price anywhere else in Guildford when I was looking at short notice. The room was spacious and the beds were comfortable and clean. The staff are friendly and helpful and always available. A heater which wasn't working properly was replaced immediately. The breakfast is very good, as is the food available during the day. We didn't experience any of the negatives others have written in their reviews. It was very quiet in the accommodation other than the normal noise of people coming in at night to their rooms or leaving in the morning for work. It's very convenient for Guildford town centre. We also liked the pub for it's relaxed, friendly and homely atmosphere. I would have no hesitation in staying there again or recommending it to anyone else that I know.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business