“"An oasis" What a find!”
Review of Little Gables

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Guildford
Little Gables
Ranked #2 of 24 Guildford B&B and Inns
Pickering North Yorks
“"An oasis" What a find!”
Reviewed 27 March 2012

An oasis of countryside yet so close to urban facilities. Horses grazing in the adjacent field, magnificent old detahed house,surrounded by a large garden and pond, one can so easily escape the pressures of city life here.

Phil and Daphne's easy manner and very warm welcome just add to the "chill and relaxation" factors. Blazing log fire with comfy settees in the residents' lounge add to the pampered ambience.

Every last detail is so carefully thought through with plenty of parking, (leaving a turning point) through to proper milk for tea and coffee making, along with chilled bottled water.

Immaculately clean throughout with stylish decor, very comfortable double bed and contemporary en suite, our stay was memorable.

Wonderful choice of breakfast menu, very well cooked, presented and served by the professional, friendly hosts.

We were sorry we only stayed 1 night. We will definitely extend our trip next time.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Selfoss, Iceland
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Staying at Little Gables was just like being in my own home. It is very warm and welcoming place and the hosts are amazing!
Beautiful surrounding, beautiful house and beautiful area.
I have already booked my next visit!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Birna_12
Reviewed 6 November 2011

I stayed here the night before a job interview. They made me feel really welcome . The room was lovely well equipped and peaceful allowing me a good nights sleep despite my nerves. The breakfast the next morning was delicious and plentiful. The owners are lovely and friendly and really go that extra mile helping me choose and sort a tie for the interview. It is excellent value and if I get through to a second interview I will definatelty be back. 100% recommended . Thank you Daphne & Phillip.

• Stayed November 2011
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 October 2011

I stayed at Little Gables a couple of weeks and I really had a good time there. Phil and Daphne are very friendly and made all efforts for us to have a pleasant stay in their place. The property is very beautiful and comfortable. Everything was above my expectations. I will certainly come back.

Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 September 2011

The attention to the smallest of details combined with a friendly welcome made this stay a very pleasant one. I was staying for a week whilst on business in the town centre of Guildford. This B&B was an oasis of calm in a lovely setting after a busy day at work. Although only a few miles from town, it it set away from the road in a country setting. On a couple of days I sat eating my breakfast watching the deer in the fields at the back of the house. The room was very comfortable. A separate olde worlde living room area room is provided specifically for guests and although I didn't use it, a lovely garden is available for guests to sit out in. Fresh milk is provided in a fridge for guests for making tea in the room - a nice touch as I hate the uht milk normally provided in most hotels. Bone china tea-pot, milk jug, cups and saucers all add to the detail. The breakfast is outstanding - done exact to your personal preference. However the one over-riding factor more than any of the above was the friendly service throughout my stay. I felt more like a family friend staying over than a guest. Having spent too many nights in hotels and B&Bs over the years for work, I rank this place amongst the very best.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business