“berlin to boleyn . . .” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Little Gables

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Guildford
Little Gables
Ranked #2 of 25 Guildford B&B and Inns
Leipzig
“berlin to boleyn . . .”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed at Little Gables four times between October 2011 and May 2013, visiting her son, who was at university, touring the area, and doing day trips to London. Little Gables was perfect in every way, providing a cosy, welcoming home from home with wonderful hosts, great hospitality, very, very comfortable beds, and a very pleasant walk across the fields down into Guildford. We thought it was just perfect.

Room Tip: We liked them all, but we liked Boleyn best . . . with its views over the garden and across the fiel...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Basildon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

I have just stayed at Little Gables for 4 nights. I needed all week but there was no vacancy on the Tuesday. Phil and Daphne found and booked a night in a local hotel for me and even paid the difference between the two! I often stay away on business and always prefer B&B to impersonal hotels, so I have a lot of comparisons. The house is in a lovely peaceful location at the end of a lane. It is completely overlooked, with open fields to two sides and woods elsewhere. Ample parking is available through a closed latched gate. As my stay was broken i stayed in two different rooms and they were both comfortable, clean and warm. Modern shower rooms with overhead powerful showers with high quality liquid soap and hand cream. There is a comfortable lounge on the ground floor and that is next to the breakfast area. Breakfast is a sheer delight with fresh fruit, cereal and fruit juice followed by a choice of a cooked breakfast, which is freshly prepared by Daphne. There is a local pub just down the road with good real Ale and decent pub food. Just another half a mile away is a really good gastro pub with excellent food and a good atmosphere. Downtown Guildford is only just over 10 minutes away so the location is perfect. Just add to all this, the owners, Daphne and Phil and you have a perfect place to stay. They are both delightful people with interesting conversation and sooo friendly. Nothing is too much trouble and there is clearly a GENUINE concern for their guests' wellbeing.
well done Phil and Daphne and thanks for making my stay so much like home from home.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

We had an amazing time from arriving in Guildford by train, being met by the owner of Little Gables, Phil, who walked us the scenic rout to the B/B, to a very romantic walk late at night with torches (provided by Phil) to the local pub, to the cozy end of day in front of the fireplace (lit by Phil at our request) to a very tasty breakfast in the morning (Full English). Also our room was extremely cosy and inviting, and included morning coats.
I booked this B&B to celebrate my girlfriends' birthday, and she was over the moon.
If you consider travelling to Guildford this has got to be the best B&B available. The only potential drawback is they can be booked out in advance.
If I could I would give 6 stars for service. They replied straight away when I emailed, and also, as described above, Phil went out of his way to make our stay as pleasant as possible.

Room Tip: If you are a couple ask for the secret room.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

Nothing is too much trouble for the owners Daphne and Philip. This lovely property is in a quiet location; ideal for relaxing. The rooms are cosy and warm with all the amenities you want.
Breakfast was amongst the best especially the delicious fresh fruit and yogurt.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

As a female travelling on business alone I was looking for somewhere comfortable and of a good standard to stay in Guildford. I tend to prefer a bed and breakfast as hotels can be very noisy. Little Gables was the perfect choice. I was met by Phil and Daphne very warmly and shown my room which exceeded my expectations. It was lovely and quiet and the house has a lovely ambience about it, full of character and much loved. Everywhere is very clean and I just loved all the little room touches, biscuits,fresh milk, choice of teas, all in all, made it a very comfortable stay. Breakfast was great, plenty of choice and nothing too much trouble. Phil and Daphne obviously go to a great deal of trouble in making sure all their guests are provided for and they deserve to be running a very successful bed and breakfast.
If you are looking for somewhere to say, I cannot recommend highly enough. 10/10.
Thank you both.

Mansfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

I was recently performing a show in Guildford with my band 'In Colour' and happened across this stunning family run Bed and Breakfast. As a travelling singer / musician affordability and comfort are very important factors when booking a hotel for the night. Initially taking quotes for Premier Inn another big chains I was astounded at the price of a room for the night, so that prompted me to take a closer look around the area.

The Little Gables is an absolute gem of place and absolutely affordable in comparison to the big chains nearby. Phil and Daphne were so lovely, met us at the door and couldn't do enough for us. The bedroom and bathroom facilities had real warmth and character not to mention being extremely clean. Breakfast was served at a time that we were free to choose from and the quality of food and presentation was brilliant.

Not only was the service great but the experience was inspirational for me as an artist on the road. I was able to relax by the fire in the morning while Phil made me a cup of tea, drawing inspiration from the lovely decor and grounds. What a wonderful place. When Im next in Guildford I will definitely be booking in again.

huddersfield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

Where do you start, firstly if all humans were like Phil & Daphne the world would be a better place. Nothing is too much trouble for them and they genuinely want you to have a great experience. My room was spacious, clean and comfy with a good sized modern ensuite. The breakfast was simply amazing, with a choice of full English with excellent produce. A range of cereals, yogurt and fresh fruit. Richard who stands in for Phil on occasions left Phil a message to say that I was a big tea drinker, the next day a large tea pot appeared. There is a shared fridge outside the rooms with free milk & water. Also a range of tea and a kettle. The house is truly amazing, a real period gem in a fantastic rural setting, but also close to Guildford centre. I was having some treatment at the hospital over the week and the drive was only 10 mins. I look forward to my return in 8 weeks.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business