“Beautiful hotel, excellent staff”

Guildford Harbour Hotel
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Guildford
Havant
“Beautiful hotel, excellent staff”
Reviewed 26 April 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for one night to watch a show at Glive. We couldn't have picked a better hotel it is literally next door.

Check in was smooth despite their systems being down, the staff were efficient and very friendly, joking and laughing.

We did visit te spa and I had an amazing treatment very relaxing and nice although the pool is on the small side.

The room was large with a huge bed nicely decorated and a nice bathroom, the shower was a little small but perfectly sufficient for our needs.

The bar was lovely and breakfast was very good. Overall a lovely 4 star hotel with the wow factor in the lobby, the staff make this hotel feel more like a 5 star. One of the staff even gave us an umbrella as the weather was so foul nice extra touch. I'm sure we will be back.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank JustlookingHavant
General-Manager-GFD, General Manager at Guildford Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, 27 April 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback on Trip Advisor and for choosing the Radisson Edwardian Guildford Hotel for your recent trip to the area.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your evening at G Live and liked our close proximity with the venue. I am delighted to hear you were able to visit our spa for a relaxing treatment and you found the bedrooms comfortable and of a good size. Our pool is a plunge pool with contra jets to allow users to swim against a current. At Radisson we strive to ensure every guest is made to feel special and I am delighted to hear we did just that whilst you were with us.

Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to welcome you back on a future visit.

Peter Wardley

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
  • Polish first
guildford
Reviewed 17 April 2012

I stayed with my boyfriend in a deluxe room and was very impressed, the room itself was gorgeous and very clean, the bed was very comfortable and the decor was attractive and modern. The bathroom was spacious and had every necessity you could ask for. The drinks and food are expensive but we expected that as it's a nice hotel, they have a wicked selection of alcohol and the barman was very nice, all the staff were very professional. My only reservation was that the room service menu was limited compared to other hotels although i understand it's a large hotel so a limited menu is probably necessary, they also have 2 restaurants which we didnt eat in as we were tired. All in all though, gorgeous hotel. I had a lovely time.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
General-Manager-GFD, General Manager at Guildford Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, 10 May 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Edwardian Guildford Hotel for your recent trip to the area and for taking the time to write your review on this site.

I am delighted to hear you had such a pleasant time whilst with us and I will personally pass on your kind comments to our bar staff.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel on a future visit to the area.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Apart from weak water flow in the shower it's a nice new hotel.
Modern, cosy.

Room Tip: room 256 was nice...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank isik s
General-Manager-GFD, General Manager at Guildford Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, 17 April 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Edwardian Guildford Hotel for your recent stay in the area and for taking the time to write your review on this site.

I am sorry to hear there was weak water pressure in your room, I will speak to our maintenance department about this and make sure it is rectified. I am delighted to hear you had a pleasant stay with us and hope to welcome you back to the hotel on a future visit to England.

London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 April 2012

This is a new hotel. It's very good. The room we had wasn't huge but it was very comfortable. One bad thing was the lighting...the bathroom especially was very dark and the hair dryer was in the wardrobe, which was awkward. The pool is great and the health club excellent. The restaurant is great too. I loved the breakfasts and the staff are excellent. I have a classic car and particularly liked the secure, discreet underground parking.
This was a business trip for my wife, but pleasure for me.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank 1958speedster356
General-Manager-GFD, General Manager at Guildford Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Edwardian Guildford Hotel for your recent stay in the area and for taking the time to write your review on Trip Advisor.

I am sorry to hear there was an issue with your bedroom lighting. We have just changed all our light bulbs for brighter ones and will ask our maintenance department to look into this issue to make sure they are the newer bulbs. The hairdryer is something we are currently looking into and may look to add an additional mirror on the insides of our wardrobes.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and took the time to visit our spa and gym. I do hope to welcome both you and your wife back to the hotel in the future.

Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2012

I am suprised at the bad reviews i have read about the Radisson, my family and I thought the hotel was great and have no complaints. Louise on reception was exceptionally helpful and friendly.
We will be back next time we need to stay in Guildford!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank flip_flop26
General-Manager-GFD, General Manager at Guildford Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, 10 April 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Edwardian Guildford Hotel for your recent stay in the area and for writing your review on this site.

I would like to thank you for this wonderful feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Banchory, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Was wondering the streets of Guildford looking for somewhere to dine and came upon the Radisson. Got chatting to the Security Manager who very kindly showed me round the hotel and what was on offer for dining . I can honestly say I was charmed by what I saw. A really differently decorated hotel ,quirky and charming. I did not stay here , but I definetly would on a return trip to Guildford . The rooms are sumptious and cosy. I dined in Relish which was fabulous, excellent Scallops ( probably the best I have had so far) and a great Sea Bass dish also. Wine as also superb and everything was keenly priced. Excellent service and great staff.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank HOTELINSPECTORABZ
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Trip Advisor and for dining with us in our Relish Restaurant. I am delighted to hear that our security officer, Roger, was available to give you a show around of our hotel and help you make an informed decision about your dining requirements.

I am extremely pleased to know you enjoyed the food and the décor of the hotel and I hope to welcome you back to Guildford soon.

Hindhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 April 2012

The hotel opened just a few months ago and is already attracting good numbers throughout the day, every day and when you visit it’s clear to see why. The hotel has private parking below it (very handy as Guildford can be tricky to park at the best of times), a fully kitted out gym (complete with a personal trainer), conference rooms, a luxury Spa, cocktail bar and fine dining restaurant. It is appealing to so many markets, especially business travelers who can rely on the strong brand that is Radisson Edwardian.

On arrival we were shown our room, a very stylish, contemporary living space (suite) with all the mod cons you could ask for. A king sized bed with fitted cotton sheets was a most welcome site. After a short spell of relaxation it was off to the Spa for us… a facial and a back massage awaited. The Spa offers Espa treatments as well as The Pinks Boutique treatments – if you know your spas you’ll know that this spells quality! Our masseurs were incredibly friendly and we both emerged 45 minutes later incredibly relaxed. Personally, my massage was one of the best experienced… and I’ve had a few!

We mooched back to our room to relax a little more and prepare for a culinary treat – DINNER!

The bar and restaurant are situated on the ground floor and open to the public to come and enjoy at their leisure. A great place for lunch meetings or socializing after work, the rooms are tastefully decorated. We went mid week and therefore the restaurant was quiet meaning a slight lack of atmosphere it has to be said (possibly because Guildford is still waking up to the facility), however at weekends you can be assured of a cosmopolitan hive of activity. We had a crab and a rabbit terrine starter, great start. This was followed by the most incredible Chateaubriand, WOW! Absolutely delicious and something I pray they never take off the menu. We were too full for deserts unfortunately, but the selection was fantastic.

To summarise… thank goodness for the new Guildford Radisson Edwardian, it’s just what the town needs to attract new business and help grow its economy. Definitely take a look at the G Live line up, and if you fancy coming to check out a music artist, be sure to make a weekend of it and stay here. You won’t be disappointed!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank hayden73
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Edwardian Guildford Hotel for your recent trip to the area and for taking the time to write a review on this site.

Your review serves as a great motivator to the team and would help other travellers make an informed choice on their accommodation requirements when in the area. I am delighted to hear you had a relaxing spa treatment whilst at the hotel and enjoyed dining at our Relish Restaurant.

I would like to thank you again for this wonderful feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.