“Good a sever”

Guildford Harbour Hotel
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Guildford
Reviewed 2 May 2013

We both have limited mobility and arrived to find that the young woman on reception (Mel) had upgraded us to a room near the lifts and with room easily to park and manoeuvre the walking aid. The room was excellent; superbly clean and spacious. The bed was much to my liking but slightly less to my wife's but that is a "Jack Spratt and his wife" situation. The young man who met us in the car park to help with the luggage also ensured that we successfully located the parking.

The ability to open the window was a welcome facility. Not always possible in modern hotels. The place is expensive but provides good value and attentive staff.

We're going back on Friday.

The only drawback is the space at the front of the hotel where cars have to be parked during check-in. When busy, it requires careful manoeuvring when there is a van parked and drivers trying to negotiate both ingress to and egress from the car park.

Room Tip: Be old and disabled!
2  Thank Graham M
General-Manager-GFD, General Manager at Guildford Harbour Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Trip Advisor, and for choosing to stay at the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford for your visit to the area.

I am delighted to hear that the hotel was easily accessible to you both, and that the staff were on hand to assist you with your parking and luggage. I am sorry to hear that at the time of checking in there were a few vehicles making manoeuvring difficult for you.

I do hope your return visit was as enjoyable as your first stay, and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 1 May 2013

My hubby and I booked the hotel for 2 nights while visiting friends for a long weekend in Guildford.
Upon arriving we were greeted by Luke who swiftly took us through check in, nothing was too much trouble and was extremely helpful.

We had booked a king room which did not disappoint, it was spacious, luxurious and exceptionally clean, It was exactly what we had paid for.

After unpacking hubby and i went downstairs into the bar where we ordered the burger which was presented impeccably and tasted divine.

Breakfast was plentiful with an array of choice for even the most choosy of person, we were seated straight away and offered coffee within seconds. The breakfast was buffet style which was lovely but the only thing was it was not hot. This is my only gripe for my whole stay.
The sausages were gorgeous but they would have been melt in the mouth if they had been hot.

Overall the hotel was superb, and i will look forward to returning for a visit at the end of the summer.

2  Thank JoPeter
General-Manager-GFD, General Manager at Guildford Harbour Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel for your visit to the area, and for taking the time to write your feedback on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to hear that you and your husband had a pleasant stay with us, and were looked after by our Lobby Manager Luke. I am pleased that you were able to enjoy one of our delicious burgers and liked our breakfast buffet offering. I am sorry to hear the sausages were not hot. Had a member of the team been made aware of this, a fresh breakfast would have been prepared for you swiftly.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back again at the end of the summer.

Reviewed 1 May 2013

Stayed for the night for our daughters graduation. Parking was not an issue huge car park underground with lift to the hotel foyer.
Very clean rooms although not huge but inviting and well decorated. Noise in the corridors could be heard and also from the road in front.
Plenty of restaurants within walking distance try the Angel Posting Hotel for afternoon tea.
Would return again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on this site, and for choosing to stay at the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford for your daughters graduation.

I am delighted to hear that your stay was comfortable and that you found our secure underground car park user friendly. If our standard rooms are not large enough for your needs, we do have deluxe bedrooms and suites available, which provide larger floor space. I do hope that on a future stay you will try one of our own ever popular Queen of Hearts Afternoon Tea's in our lounge.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 1 May 2013

Stayed one night towards the end of April on business. I have stayed in other hotels in the area many times previously and did think this one had the edge. It is new and modern and in a good location in town, which provides easy access to shops and food outlets. I didn't bring my car, so no parking issues.
Food in the hotel was nice but was a bit expensive.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank CWD360

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel for your recent business trip to the area, and for taking the time to write your feedback on this site.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and found the hotels location at the top of Guildford's High Street convenient for your business visit. Our food offering has recently been reviewed, and I hope the changes made will be well received by our guests.

My team and I hope to welcome you back again on a future visit to Surrey.

Reviewed 30 April 2013

I stayed in this hotel after a day at thorpe park. On arrival myself and partner was greeted by a member of staff who checked us in. He was very polite and helpful and took interest in talking to us about our day and where we were from. I would like to thank luke for his lovely service and for upgraded us to a king sized bed. We went to the spa only downside was the size of the pool, however we had a lovely stay. Service was excellent, thank you Luke.

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Trip Advisor, and for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford for your recent visit to the area.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and received excellent levels of customer service from our Lobby Manager Luke, who prides himself on high standards of delivery. Our pool is designed for fitness, and is fitted with two powerful contra jets that give resistance to swimmers.

My team and I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 29 April 2013

I just stayed here with my husband on the Friday and Saturday. I called them to check if there was parking as it was mentioned to me that there might not be. I would assume you would get parking with a hotel. I was told that I would get parking if there were spaces available otherwise I'd have to go and somewhere else to park and I was told to park on double yellow lines while checking in. We arrived and parked illegally while we went to check in and get a pass for the parking. We were waiting about 15-20 minutes before we started our check in the whole time worrying about whether we were going to get a parking ticket! It took way too long to get us checked in and then we were told it was a further £20 to park. I wasn't told this when I had called about parking and I didn't see it on the website either.
We mustn't have looked happy so we were given a late check out time on he Sunday of 3pm.
The room was nice but small, the blinds wouldn't reach to the floor meaning we would have bright sunlight in the room as soon as the sun came up. On investigation you could see that there had been a problem with the blinds so they had been tied up so the last 5 foot of the window couldn't be covered. Our view was a car park and lots of bins.
On the good side, it was quiet and the location for Guildford was good at the top of the High Street but off the main road. A great cocktail bar 1 minute away!
We didn't eat or drink at the hotel, but the bar area looked nice.
When we came to the Sunday we decided to take some of our belongings down the the car (the carpark is underneath the hotel if you get a space) go out for food, and then get the rest of our luggage and check out. We went down to the car, and then couldn't get back in as our room key must have been de-activated. This was about 12pm and we had been given a late check-out time of 3pm. We couldn't phone them as there was no signal, there was no intercom and so the only way back in was to walk where the cars would drive - around in circles and up the ramps. We had been parked on level -3 on the advice of the hotel as it is the only hotel where the lift runs from.
We went back into the hotel quite annoyed, and had to queue for ages again!! We were then told that we must have already checked out (which we hadn't) and we didn't even get an apology. We got a new key card so we could get back into our room to get the rest of our luggage. We decided to complain but when we got back to reception 2 people were being dealt with and by this time we knew from experience that it would take forever for us to be seen again so we left.
Overall not the greatest experience considering that this is not a cheap hotel, and we stay in hotels quite regularly and this one really left me quite disappointed and annoyed.

Room Tip: I believe the side with the view of the car park and bins is the quieter side.
4  Thank Stuteley
General-Manager-GFD, General Manager at Guildford Harbour Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel for your recent visit to the area, and for taking the time to write your feedback on Trip Advisor.

Our parking spaces below the hotel are given to guests as a first come first served basis, and are not guaranteed. We have limited spaces available under the hotel, however there is a municipal pay and display car park to the rear of the hotel which guests can use in the event of our car park being full. Our car park is charged at £10 per 24 hours, and is mentioned on the hotels website. We have an agreement with the local council, which allows guests to park on the double yellow lines directly outside the hotels entrance whilst checking in to obtain a key card to access the car park. I am sorry that this was not better explained to you prior to your arrival. I have asked our maintenance department to have a look at the black out blind in your room, as these are checked regularly to ensure they close completely. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed a few cocktails in our bar, MKB, during your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that your room key deactivated prior to your departure. The system was programmed to ensure the key card would be operational until your late check out time, however if the card made contact with a mobile phone or other magnetic device, it will deactivate and require reprogramming.

I believe we have spoken via email in regard to restoring your faith in our brand. I hope you will consider us again on a future visit to Guildford.

Reviewed 29 April 2013

We stayed in January 2013 for a night away to celebrate a birthday. Had a lovely room on high floor, nice new carpets and modern bathroom. Hotel staff are really friendly and efficient couldn't do enough for us. You do however have to pay £10 to park for 24 hours, but it is in a secure underground carpark beneath the hotel. Hotel is in a great location for Guildford town centre, just round the corner. Plenty of places to eat and drink to suit all budgets. Definitley would go back...

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
General-Manager-GFD, General Manager at Guildford Harbour Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on this site, and for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford for your birthday celebration.

I am delighted to hear that you had a comfortable nights stay with us, and found the hotels location well suited to your needs whilst in the area. Our secure underground car park is charged at £10 per 24 hours, however there is a municipal pay and display car park to the rear of the hotel, should guests prefer to use this. Your review serves as a great motivator to the team who all share a passion for great customer service, and would help other travellers make an informed choice on their accommodation requirements when in the area.

My team and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.