“Fabulous business hotel”

Guildford Harbour Hotel
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Guildford
Reviewed 4 February 2014

My company booked three training events at the Radisson Blu in Guildford. The customer service was exceptional. The staff was attentive and flexible. They were very committed to ensuring that everything was perfect, including the av, food and room set upWe loved the central location. We're going to use it again and again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
General-Manager-GFD, General Manager at Guildford Harbour Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Dear Pat,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on this site and for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel for your recent business events.

I am delighted to hear your three events were looked after by our dedicated team and you received the high levels of customer service we pride ourselves on delivering. Thank you for your lovely comments about the team and our facilities. We look forward to working with your company again in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Guildford Harbour Hotel

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Just a one night stay to attend a function nearby. As part of a special deal I expected, and got, one of the least popular rooms, behind the lift shaft, although I was only disturbed once by the noise of the lift. My main concern was that the room was an inner one and the window overlooked the central atrium which remained lite up all night and the blind type drapes did not exclude the light, as curtains would have done.

Just a couple of other niggles. The pressure in the shower was poor as the shower head appeared to be in need of a clean and why was the only egg offering at breakfast scrambled.

The room was furnished to a high standard but the lighting was a little too subdued. It could have done with at least one central light for general use.

Room Tip: Avoid 339 and other inner rooms, if possible
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
General-Manager-GFD, General Manager at Guildford Harbour Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Dear Mike,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel for your recent business trip to the area and for taking the time to write your feedback on Trip Advisor.

I am sorry to hear your bedroom was located near to lifts and the reception and therefore you had light from the lobby by your window. I will ask my Maintenance Manager to look into this and the shower pressure, as this is the first feedback I have had about the blinds in this room not blocking light. Our shower heads are regularly descaled and freestanding lamps are available on a guest request basis should they feel the room is not bright enough.

We hope to welcome you back on a future visit to Guildford.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Stayed last week, on a Tuesday in January - no parking available so had a long, cold, wet trek to a public carpark. in a busy town centre - not a place we would usually choose to leave our car. It's probably not worth driving here on a weekend or busier week because parking is just impossible despite the hotel claiming to have a car park. Food from room service was stone cold fishfinger sandwiches on stale bread. Liquid soap in the bathroom, shackled to the wall, really quite insulting. The worst aspect was the extractor fan in the bathroom which whirred loudly all night long. The most dreadful night in a hotel we have ever experienced. On checkout, we wanted to raise our concerns but the systems were down and we could not be processed properly. Reception was in chaos. I have filled out a customer survey stating our complaints but have heard nothing back. Absolutely dire.

2  Thank Dianaofdorset

Dear Diana,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Trip Advisor and for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel for your recent business trip to the area.

I am very to hear of the issues you experienced whilst staying with us. We have limited spaces in our car park which are allocated on a first come first served basis however, there is a municipal car park to the rear of the hotel and next door for the occasions when our car park is full. I have asked my Head Chef to look into your room service order and if advised at the time that you were not happy with the offering, a new sandwich would have been brought straight to your room. Our dispensers are mounted on wall brackets for easier access but loose bottles are available on a guest request basis. We do ask guests to contact a member of staff to make them aware of any issues so we can make this right at the time of staying and I believe you have been in contact with both myself and Customer Services with regard to your feedback.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

My other half booked a night away here for my 40th as Guildford was where we had our first date. When we arrived everything looked very promising with very helpful staff on reception and a great appearance to the hotel, that unfortunately was as good as it got for us. When we entered all looked ok although when you looked at the furniture a little closer it struck me as low quality. I went to have a look in the bathroom and it was set up for disabled use, something that wasn't pointed out to us when we booked. I went to reception but they just said they were fully booked. I went to have a shower and that is when the fun started, the shower didn't run fast enough away and it flooded the hallway in the room, this obviously happened again when my partner showered as well. So that meant jumping over the hallway carpet to get into our room dry! When we went to reception to complain they said they would let the manager know. We then returned to the room and pulled the blinds which were broken and wouldn't close properly, which resulted in another trip to reception. We went out for a meal and when returning and turning back the covers we were exposed to badly fitted bedding and blood on the sheets! Another trip to reception was a waste of time, all they kept saying on each visit was that they were full and they had no other rooms.

We have had email correspondence with the manager but were only offered a discount off our next visit! I don't think that will be happening in my lifetime.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank UKTravelQueen
General-Manager-GFD, General Manager at Guildford Harbour Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel for your birthday getaway and for taking the time to write your feedback on this site.

I would like to start by offering my sincere apologies for the issue experienced and assure you that since your stay over 7 months ago, we have implemented further procedures to ensure this is not repeated. I believe at the time of staying you spoke with the Duty Manager with regard to the issues you faced and the linen was not mentioned to him, as this is a serious matter and would have been looked at in great depth. Our accessible rooms are larger than standard and we have recently won Gold with the Beautiful South Awards for accessibility.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

I can't rave about this hotel enough! I booked a weekend spa package for boyfriend's birthday and it undoubtedly made the best present, completely exceeded my expectations. The Lobby Manager Luke was absolutely incredible, he went above and beyond to ensure we had a brilliant weekend and I can't thank him enough. He was amazing from the moment we checked in and I will definitely be returning after the service he gave us, it was fantastic. Luke was a delight he made our weekend extra special I am very very grateful to him. The room was completely gorgeous and extremely comfortable, the spa was lovely and the massage we had was perfect. Very relaxing. Breakfast had an excellent selection of hot and cold dishes and the hotel is situated in a ideal location on the high street close to the bars and restaurants. It was a wonderful experience that I highly recommend. Excellent, modern hotel with exceptional service.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sarah M
General-Manager-GFD, General Manager at Guildford Harbour Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Dear Sarah,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on this site and for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel for your recent spa weekend.

I am delighted to hear you had a comfortable and thoroughly enjoyable stay with us. I am pleased to hear the massages were relaxing and the breakfast buffet was to your liking. We are very fortunate to be at the top of Guildford’s High Street. Thank you for your wonderful feedback about Luke, which I will personally pass on to him. Your review serves as a great motivator to the team who all share a passion for great customer service, and would help other travellers make an informed choice on their accommodation requirements when in the area.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

This hotel managed to make my week in a hotel for work feel like a holiday, the service was exceptional, and the rooms are very well appointed and comfortable, they have plug sockets right by the bed! At last a hotel that recognises the need for that. Lovely bathroom! pretty good conference facilities! nice hot/cold buffet every day. And the Spa gives you a chance to relax at the end of the day, free for guests Monday to Friday, with reasonably priced treatments.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank SaraLB70
General-Manager-GFD, General Manager at Guildford Harbour Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear Reviewer,

I am delighted to hear your overall experience was made to feel like a holiday, offering exceptional service, comfortable rooms, good conference facilities and a wet spa area to relax in after a long day.

My team and I hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

Situated within easy walking distance of Guildford High Street this new hotel is beautifully presented, excellent rooms and friendly, helpful staff. Parking could be made easier as you have to leave your car parked on a double yellow line while you check in and then use your room key to get into the underground car park.

The buffet style breakfast was good but if you order something extra (e.g. poached eggs) be prepared to wait!

Guildford has some lovely pubs, on and just off the High Street so it was great to be able to have a couple of pints and then walk back to the hotel

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
General-Manager-GFD, General Manager at Guildford Harbour Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear Fiona & Roger,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Trip Advisor and for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel for you recent visit to the area.

I am delighted to hear you had a wonderful and relaxing night’s stay with us and found the hotels location convenient for walking into the town. Our checking in process allows you to gain access to our car park and once parked, go straight to your room via the lifts with your luggage. We have an agreement with the local council that guests can park on the double yellow lines in front of the hotel for checking in purposes solely. I am pleased to hear the breakfast buffet was to your liking and should advise that any ordered dishes should only take a couple of minutes to arrive as they are all freshly prepared.

I do hope to welcome you back soon on a future visit to Surrey.