“Excellence that added icing on the cake!”

Guildford Harbour Hotel
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Guildford
Chichester, United Kingdom
“Excellence that added icing on the cake!”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We had booked seats at Glive a superb concert hall next door to this hotel. so we decided to stay the night to celebrate Valentine's Day. The whole experience did not disappoint! The room was immaculate, bed was top quality and comfortable and the staff very welcoming. Afternoon tea just blew us away-in fact we didn't need an evening meal! The hotel's central location meant we could take a morning stroll through the city to walk off our delicious breakfast. Parking was easy considering the location. We hope to return.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
General-Manager-GFD, General Manager at Guildford Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear Jane,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on this site and for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel for your recent valentine’s day celebration.

I am delighted to hear your whole experience did not disappoint and your room was immaculate and comfortable. Our Queen of Hearts Afternoon Tea can be filling with many guests asking for a bag to take away some of the offering to enjoy later. We are fortunate to be located at the top of Guildford’s High Street and a short walk from the many historical sights of the town.

We hope to welcome you back on another visit to the area.

Peter Wardley

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
  • Polish first
Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We have stayed at the hotel for a few weekends with my partners job and leisure for me, upon arrival on my first visit the reception staff were more than accommodating, offering very reasonable upgrades, late check outs etc....could not have asked for more hence the reason we re booked for the following weekends....rooms were clean, if I asked for anything it was there very quickly, we stay in hotels quite a lot and it as made me consider the Radisson name in future for our next trip

Room Tip: We stayed in a suite which was perfect for our stay as I was in the hotel whilst my partner was work...
Dear Debbie,

Thank you for continually choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel for your trips to the area and for taking the time to write your feedback on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to hear that on your numerous visits to us you have found the staff to be more than accommodating, the bedrooms clean and comfortable and we have been able to offer upgrades and late check outs when available. I am pleased to hear you will consider using other Radisson Blu Edwardian Hotels on visits further afield and we look forward to seeing you both here again soon.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

I booked the hotel as part of our 10 year anniversary celebrations. We went through Expedia and got quite a good room only deal. We opted for the deluxe room as I prefer the king size bed. As with all Radisson hotels, there is no scrimping on bed quality and you're guaranteed a comfy sleep. Both the bedroom and bathroom are quite large so you don't feel crammed at all. The only minor downside was noise from the room next door as we had a connecting door.

Having been at the spa during the morning we were ready to check in at 3pm, unfortunately the hotel were not ready for us and we would have to wait 30-45 minutes until the room had been inspected. We were able to get car into their own car park and went off into town in the mean time. We would have preferred to checked in and got sorted first.

We opted out of breakfast at the hotel as it was quite expensive for what it was and ended up eating locally for less. That said we had an afternoon tea which was great value and probably the best we've ever had - I would thoroughly recommend it! Thankfully I got the lions share of it!!

The staff were very friendly and professional. A great hotel close to local amenities that is worth the money. Will definitely use the hotel again if staying in Guildford.

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Trip Advisor and for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel for your 10 year anniversary.

I am delighted to hear you had a comfortable night’s sleep in one of our king sized beds and the bedroom and bathroom size were to your liking. I am sorry that the neighbouring room was noisy. Had a member of staff been made aware that you were impacted by noise, the other guests would have been spoken to immediately. I would also like to apologise for your room not being ready for your check in time. We do inspect all bedrooms once they have been serviced to ensure that they meet our standards. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your Queen of Hearts Afternoon Tea and would thoroughly recommend it.

My team and I hope to welcome you back on a future visit to Guildford.

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 February 2014

My wife booked for us to stay here valentines day night on a winter package deal. This deal is fantastic as the cost of a room alone per person works out more if you booked seperately. On the deal we got a lovely double room, breakfast included, along with afternoon tea the next day. Fantastic value. Our experience in the scoff and banter diner was something of a more negative experience and i will review that seperately because although part of the hotel, our experience there didnt, over shaddow the lovely time we had in the hotel. The hotel also has a cocktail bar attached called MKB, fantastic vibe and good value for money.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Jean,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel for your valentine’s night and for taking the time to write your feedback on this site.

I am delighted to hear you found the package you booked to be a fantastic deal and great value. I am sorry to hear your dinner in Scoff & Banter was not to the high standards we usually provide our guests and I will be asking my Food & Beverage Manager to look into the details further. I am pleased that you both had a lovely time in the hotel and were able to sample a few of our signature cocktails in MKB.

We hope to welcome you both back in the future.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

Really comfortable hotel with well equipped and immaculate room, very good service in reception as well as throughout the hotel.
The location is central in the town with a good underground car park, the whole hotel has a very good feel to it.
Room service breakfast was on time and excellent, all over a very good experience.

Dear Nick,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on this site and for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel for your recent visit to Surrey.

I am delighted to hear you found the hotel comfortable, well-equipped and offering very good customer service, which is something we pride ourselves on. We are fortunate to be located at the top of Guildford’s High Street with a short walk to the many retail outlets. I am pleased to hear your room service orders were to your liking and your overall experience of the hotel was enjoyable.

My team and I hope to welcome you back again soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Stayed for one night with a group of friends whilst visiting Guildford. The hotel is in a good location if you are visiting the town centre and has a few chain restaurants situated right outside.

We received a complimentary upgrade, which was a really nice gesture, however I didn't feel the standard was great for a superior room.

The Front Office staff were friendly and attentive when prompted, although I did feel some of their choice of conversation was a little too informal and lacked professionalism. The welcome call to the room was a nice touch!

We had breakfast brought up to our room, which was very reasonable for the £1.50 tray charge, however the attendant did have to return to our room a few times, mainly because we were never offered any condiments - but these were brought to us promptly to her annoyance.

The toilet was a little grubby and could have had a little more attention paid to it by the Housekeepers and we coud have left with a better final memory of the hotel than a queue to check out - a simple prompt to take a seat would go down wonders!

This aside it was a great stay and I'd definitely stay here again if I needed to visit Guildford.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
General-Manager-GFD, General Manager at Guildford Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Dear Jase,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel for your visit to Surrey and for taking the time to write your feedback on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased to hear the hotels location was convenient for trips into the town and we were able to offer you a complimentary upgrade on your bedroom. I am pleased to hear the staff encountered were friendly and attentive and thank you for your comments about the room service order and toilet, which will be followed up with the relevant Heads of Department. I apologise for the queue at check out however we do offer the option of express check out to guests which can be completed in the bedroom via the television and a bill is sent by email after departure.

We hope to welcome you back on a future visit to Guildford.

Aberdeen
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Recently stayed here for 1 night and it was brilliant. From the moment you walk in you can not take your eyes off the decor. Odd big pink Elch, fake book case with appropriate ladder, all kinds of various seats in different shapes and sizes, just brilliant made me smile. The staff were very very friendly, from check in to their bar/restaurant. Room was beautiful, comfy bed, big TV, nice carpet and lovely big bathroom. Only issue I had was the walk in shower as when you turned it on the water came out of the shower head in all sorts of directions so ended up showering in the bath. Bar was really nice and cosy, with plenty to choose for drinks. Breakfast was really nice, there was not a lot but it was enough and all perfectly cooked and layed out. Only bug was I ordered Tea and they forgot about me, but finally it came and they were very apologetic.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Hege,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Trip Advisor and for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel for your recent business trip to the area.

I am delighted to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and the hotels décor was to your liking. I am pleased to hear your bedroom was comfortable and you liked the big bathroom. I am sorry to hear there was an issue with the shower head, as a replacement head could have been bought to your room had a member of staff been made aware. I will speak to my Food & Beverage Manager about the staff not bringing your tea to you in a timely manner and apologise for the inconvenience caused.

We look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit to Guildford.