“Great Stay and very convenient for Epsom Derby Races” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Guildford Harbour Hotel

Guildford Harbour Hotel
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Guildford
birmingham
“Great Stay and very convenient for Epsom Derby Races”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

I had red some reviews and wasn't expecting anything too special but I have to stay I was very pleasantly suprised when I entered the beautiful stylish lobby and checked in. Same again when we entered the room - fresh, clean and moderm. I thought the bathroom was great also.
We are in the Scoff and Banter and the food was also very impressive. We are breakfast once n the restaurant and that was a very smooth experience. We ordered room service the next day but it didnt arrive. The issue was resolved and we were only charged for 1 breakfast as compensation.
I would highly reccomend the hotel for anyway going to Epsom races like we did. You can walk to London Road station and then get a short shuttle to the course and same back. Guildford itself is a very pretty place and we wentout for dinner one evening too which was great. I would certainly stay here again and with the rates we paid I thought it was excellent value for money.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
General-Manager-GFD, General Manager at Guildford Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on this site and for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel for your recent visit to Surrey.

I am delighted to hear you had a thoroughly enjoyable stay with us and were pleasantly surprised by the hotel. I am pleased to hear the bedroom, bathroom and food and beverage offerings were all to your liking. I have followed up your Room Service points with the staff and understand this was dealt with whilst you were staying. We are very fortunate to be located between Guildford’s two railway stations which are convenient for trips such as the Epsom Races or days in London.

I am delighted to hear you will be recommending the hotel and you will be staying with us again on future visits to Guildford. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Peter Wardley

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
  • Polish first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

We arrived at the hotel to find we were expected to pay £10.00 per person to use the hotel pool, sauna and steam room
We had booked the break for my birthday. We stay at the Marriott and Hilton on regulAr short breaks and have never had to pay for these facilities
This is not made clear on the website if it was we would not of booked our stay

As if this was not disappointing enough we returned to our room after a meal we were welcomed by very loud music from the club which is located directed below the hotel
The music was still banging at 1.30 am.
We called down to reception and were told we could move rooms at 1.30 in the morning this is not acceptable
My husband asked for earplugs and he was told the manager would get back to us well we heard nothing

I am very disappointed and feel my birthday was spoilt as soon as we arrived. The music was very annoying leading to no sleep and severe migraine

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Dalo1968
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel for your birthday break and for taking the time to write your feedback on Trip Advisor.

I am sorry to hear you were left disappointed after your stay with us. Our £10.00 per person wet spa area charge is mentioned on our website and all third party websites we advertise with to ensure guests are made aware of this. I would like to offer my sincere apologies that your night was impacted by noise coming from the cocktail bar below your room. When occupancy levels allow, we will strive to ensure guests are not located above noisy functions and I understand that you did not wish to move rooms at such a late hour. I will be following up your request for earplugs with the night team to ensure this is not a repeated incident.

I do hope you will consider staying with us again in the future, as this service is not indicative of the usual standards we provide.

Blyth, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

This hotel is well located close to the centre of Guildford, the welcome was rather cold, the long walk to the bedroom was most unwelcome after a long drive.
The room was dark and gloomy and the bathroom was badly designed. The shower cubicle was small and it was impossible to start the shower without water going all over the floor of the bathroom. Soap and shampoo were dispensed from containers more akin to those found in toilets in motorway service stations.
Breakfast was served in the room, the preservatives supplied were two of honey and one strawberry, the seal on the latter had been broken and over half the contents used.
This hotel was not up to the standard expected and I will not be staying there again,

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Chris M
General-Manager-GFD, General Manager at Guildford Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Chris,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Trip Advisor and for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel for your recent business trip to Surrey.

Whilst I am delighted to hear you found the hotels location convenient for your time in Guildford, I am saddened by the other feedback you have provided. The staff are usually commended on the customer service they deliver. I am sorry to hear the bathroom design was not to your preference and you did not like the soap dispensers. These are in place as they are proven to reduce the number of items wasted and sent to landfills and are part of our green credentials. I have spoken to the breakfast team about your condiments having been opened prior to you being seated. These should be unopened containers and I would like to apologise for this.

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

We booked and paid for a twin room 2 months in advance - told on arrival we would need to pay a surcharge to be upgraded to a twin! Check the small print, the manager will hide behind it - you may not get what you wanted or booked.

Be prepared to run the gauntlet of drunken guests in the cul-d-e sac which serves as the hotels main entrance, on a recent Friday night it was like a scene from a TV show. The hotel know all about it, they serve the drinks in the first place!

Be careful which room you are allocated, the one we had suffered from disco noise - the management know which rooms are quiet and which aren't. Make sure you check when you arrive ...... better still choose another hotel. This one is 'style over substance' and not worth the money. The one thing they are good at - excuses!

Room Tip: Book into another hotel!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Mary P
Dear Mary,

I would like to start by apologising for the inconvenience caused by our twin bedrooms being fully booked on the day of your arrival. The third party bookings have no guarantee of room type and these are instead requested. We do strive to honour all requests however I am sure you will appreciate this is not always possible. In order for your friends to have a twin bedded room, an additional supplement was required as the bedroom is of our Deluxe category. I understand that this was given with a 50% discount on the normal upgrade fee.

I am very sorry that you were impacted by intoxicated patrons, there were a number of wedding groups and unfortunately they were celebrating in large numbers. We are a responsible outlet and on weekends there are always more than one doorman on duty, including our Hotel Security Manager to ensure this area is controlled. I have asked my Maintenance Manager to look into why there was noise coming through the air conditioning unit in your bedroom, as no noise should be audible being independent units.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

We attended a wedding here last weekend. It was a great venue, everyone was well looked after by the well trained staff. The wedding breakfast was yummy and the wine was decent. We stayed at the hotel and the room was large, comfy bed and beautiful bathroom. It was immaculately clean. The breakfast was AMAZING! We would not hesitate to stay here again. Congrats to the happy couple and the staff for a wonderful, memorable day.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
General-Manager-GFD, General Manager at Guildford Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Julie,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on this site and for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel for your friend’s wedding accommodation.

I am delighted to hear you thought the venue was great and well looked after by our Conference and Banqueting Team. I am pleased to hear you had a comfortable night and our food offering was to your liking. I have passed your comments on to the team who were all delighted to have made such a positive impact on such a special day.

We hope you will return in the near future.

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

OK - so we got a lot of flak from friends for saying that we were going away for a weekend together to Guildford, when we only live 15 miles up the A3, but this hotel was perfect. The room was beautiful; the hotel decor great fun with interesting corners to explore; the breakfasts were sensational - especially the made-to-order porridge; and the staff extremely welcoming and helpful. We enjoyed the shopping, went to the theatre, and wandered around the interesting and busy high street. The Hotel is well placed to walk to everything of interest, but set back from the hustle and bustle to make it a calm and quiet island for relaxing. And a good deal for a weekend rate! Highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank timbobulous
General-Manager-GFD, General Manager at Guildford Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Tim,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel for your recent visit weekend break and for taking the time to write your feedback on this site.

I am delighted to hear you had a thoroughly enjoyable stay with us and found the hotel well equipped for your time away. I am pleased to hear the breakfast were to your liking and the staff encountered were all welcoming and helpful. We are very fortunate to be located at the top of Guildford’s High Street and within a short walking distance of the many retail outlets.

My team and I hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Montgomery, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Perfect location a short drive from London. The management of this hotel has done a GREAT job in training staff. I travel frequently for my job and couldn't have found a nicer staff! Everyone was pleasant and had a smile on their face. The food and beverage was way beyond my expectations. Delish!!! (Make sure to have dinner in the restaurant...you won't be disappointed)!!! Breakfast offered plenty to choose from.

Rooms are spacious and quiet...a must in my world. I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank CJMTraveler
Dear Reviewer,

I am delighted to hear you found our hotel ideal for your stay in the area and we offered everything you needed for a comfortable stay. Your review serves as a great motivator to the team who all share a passion for great customer service, and would help other travellers make an informed choice on their accommodation requirements when in the area.

We hope to welcome you back again in the future.