“Lovely Hotel, Parking was a challenge...”

Guildford Harbour Hotel
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Guildford
UK, London
“Lovely Hotel, Parking was a challenge...”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

My partner and I stayed for one night and this was our first visit. Our room was well appointed and the bed very comfortable. We had a great nights sleep. Check in/out was very easy and Jorge in the morning was exceptionally polite and helpful. The only challenge was parking. Having messed around for about 10mins we were told the hotel parking was 'full' so we just parked in the public car park which as we arrived late (after 9pm) and we're leaving early (before 8am) so it was £1.20. I think overnight in the hotel car park is £12. Lovely hotel just a point to note on car parking.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
General-Manager-GFD, General Manager at Guildford Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Deb,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on this site and for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel for your recent trip to Surrey.

I am delighted to hear you found your room well-appointed and the bed was comfortable. Thank you for your kind comments about Jorge, which I have personally passed on to him. We do have limited spaces available in our secure underground car park and these are allocated on a first come first served basis. When the car park is full, there is a municipal pay and display car park to the rear of the hotel.

I hope we can welcome you back on a future visit to Guildford.

Peter Wardley

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
  • Polish first
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We spent this weekend at Radisson Guildford. It was a great stay from check in to check out. Breakfast was amazing, we didnt expect that much rush on sunday morning breakfast , another buffet would have solved the problem. but nevertheless it was wonderful hot and cold buffet. Rooms were clean, all staff very helpful. We enjoyed the Dinner saturday evening aswell. Can stay there just for food. Overall wonderful Experience.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel for your recent trip to Surrey and for taking the time to write your feedback on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to hear your weekend was great from start to finish and you particularly enjoy the food offering we provide in the hotel. I have spoken to the Breakfast Team about the buffet being busy on Sunday and have been advised that we did have a high occupancy level with guests arriving at a similar time for breakfast.

My team and I hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2014

This is my fifth stay, on business once again. If anything, this time the hotel was even better: my room was immaculate, staff were friendly, professional, efficient and the bar staff were responsive. I cannot fault this hotel (and have no wish to) and I look forward to my next stay.
From a practical perspective, the hotel is about 20 mins walk from the rail station or 15 mins from the bus station (perhaps 5-10 mins by taxi from the station), it's an easy walk although up hill; it is modern in style and decoration. I've actually never eaten there but the bar is comfortable and popular.

Room Tip: I think there are no "good" views but so far all rooms I have stayed in have been quiet an...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Amanda,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Trip Advisor and for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel for your recent business trip to Surrey.

I am delighted to hear you had your fifth perfect stay with us and are already looking forward to your next visit. Your review serves as a great motivator to the team who all share a passion for great customer service, and would help other travellers make an informed choice on their accommodation requirements when in the area. I do hope you will try the hotels Scoff & Banter Restaurant or MKB cocktail bar on your next visit, as these are popular with our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Never seen a club carlson hotel with such a small room... though mine was just a night stay.. but u need space in a hotel room.

The staff was good.. very helping and very quick to almost everything.. i felt so welcomed because of staff after almost 12 hours from home to hotel

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Disha,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel for your recent trip to the area and for taking the time to write your feedback on this site.

I am delighted to hear you felt very welcomed by the staff on your arrival at the hotel, as we strive to make all guests feel special whilst staying with us. Our rooms vary in size, with our smallest rooms being a Superior bedroom however should guests require a larger bedroom, our Deluxe bedrooms offer a larger bed and floor space. Had a member of staff been made aware you were unhappy with the size of your room, a room move would have been arranged for you.

I do hope we can welcome you back on a future visit to Guildford in the future.

birmingham
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I had red some reviews and wasn't expecting anything too special but I have to stay I was very pleasantly suprised when I entered the beautiful stylish lobby and checked in. Same again when we entered the room - fresh, clean and moderm. I thought the bathroom was great also.
We are in the Scoff and Banter and the food was also very impressive. We are breakfast once n the restaurant and that was a very smooth experience. We ordered room service the next day but it didnt arrive. The issue was resolved and we were only charged for 1 breakfast as compensation.
I would highly reccomend the hotel for anyway going to Epsom races like we did. You can walk to London Road station and then get a short shuttle to the course and same back. Guildford itself is a very pretty place and we wentout for dinner one evening too which was great. I would certainly stay here again and with the rates we paid I thought it was excellent value for money.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on this site and for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel for your recent visit to Surrey.

I am delighted to hear you had a thoroughly enjoyable stay with us and were pleasantly surprised by the hotel. I am pleased to hear the bedroom, bathroom and food and beverage offerings were all to your liking. I have followed up your Room Service points with the staff and understand this was dealt with whilst you were staying. We are very fortunate to be located between Guildford’s two railway stations which are convenient for trips such as the Epsom Races or days in London.

I am delighted to hear you will be recommending the hotel and you will be staying with us again on future visits to Guildford. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We arrived at the hotel to find we were expected to pay £10.00 per person to use the hotel pool, sauna and steam room
We had booked the break for my birthday. We stay at the Marriott and Hilton on regulAr short breaks and have never had to pay for these facilities
This is not made clear on the website if it was we would not of booked our stay

As if this was not disappointing enough we returned to our room after a meal we were welcomed by very loud music from the club which is located directed below the hotel
The music was still banging at 1.30 am.
We called down to reception and were told we could move rooms at 1.30 in the morning this is not acceptable
My husband asked for earplugs and he was told the manager would get back to us well we heard nothing

I am very disappointed and feel my birthday was spoilt as soon as we arrived. The music was very annoying leading to no sleep and severe migraine

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Dalo1968
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel for your birthday break and for taking the time to write your feedback on Trip Advisor.

I am sorry to hear you were left disappointed after your stay with us. Our £10.00 per person wet spa area charge is mentioned on our website and all third party websites we advertise with to ensure guests are made aware of this. I would like to offer my sincere apologies that your night was impacted by noise coming from the cocktail bar below your room. When occupancy levels allow, we will strive to ensure guests are not located above noisy functions and I understand that you did not wish to move rooms at such a late hour. I will be following up your request for earplugs with the night team to ensure this is not a repeated incident.

I do hope you will consider staying with us again in the future, as this service is not indicative of the usual standards we provide.

Blyth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This hotel is well located close to the centre of Guildford, the welcome was rather cold, the long walk to the bedroom was most unwelcome after a long drive.
The room was dark and gloomy and the bathroom was badly designed. The shower cubicle was small and it was impossible to start the shower without water going all over the floor of the bathroom. Soap and shampoo were dispensed from containers more akin to those found in toilets in motorway service stations.
Breakfast was served in the room, the preservatives supplied were two of honey and one strawberry, the seal on the latter had been broken and over half the contents used.
This hotel was not up to the standard expected and I will not be staying there again,

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Chris M
General-Manager-GFD, General Manager at Guildford Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Chris,

Whilst I am delighted to hear you found the hotels location convenient for your time in Guildford, I am saddened by the other feedback you have provided. The staff are usually commended on the customer service they deliver. I am sorry to hear the bathroom design was not to your preference and you did not like the soap dispensers. These are in place as they are proven to reduce the number of items wasted and sent to landfills and are part of our green credentials. I have spoken to the breakfast team about your condiments having been opened prior to you being seated. These should be unopened containers and I would like to apologise for this.