“Another Visit, Another Great Stay”

Guildford Harbour Hotel
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Guildford
Cranleigh, United Kingdom
“Another Visit, Another Great Stay”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

It's difficult to find fault with this hotel without being picky, hence why we return regularly and always recommend it to our clients. It's in a great location in the middle of town with plenty of parking. The staff are always friendly and very helpful and nothing ever seems too much trouble. The rooms have everything you need and are always spotlessly clean. The restaurant is also a hidden gem as is the outside terrace. It's a little oasis of calm and a great sun trap! This stay, the second lift being out of order was a minor inconvenience at busy periods and the shortage of staff at breakfast one morning was quite noticeable. Felt so sorry for the two ladies who were doing a sterling job of keeping things moving in there!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Christina T
General-Manager-GFD, General Manager at Guildford Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Christina,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Trip Advisor and for again choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel for your recent business trip to the area.

I am delighted to hear you can find little fault with the hotel and continually return and recommend us to clients. We are very fortunate to be located at the top of Guildford’s High Street and a short walk from the many retails outlets the town has to offer. I am pleased to hear your rooms are always spotless and you enjoy relaxing on our terrace, which is very popular for people enjoying a Queen of Hearts Afternoon Tea. I am sorry to hear your stay was impacted by one of our lifts not working and a busy breakfast one morning.

My team and I hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Peter Wardley

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
  • Polish first
Louth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We stayed here for two nights recently for a wedding and there's not a lot to fault to be honest. Staff were welcoming and efficient, room was immaculate and well maintained, breakfast was plentiful and good quality. My only teeny gripe was that the room we stayed in was quite dark possibly due to low energy lighting even in the bathroom and made it tricky to put make up on so an over mirror light in the bathroom would be welcome. Very disppointed there were no robes either. The teeny cakes left in our room however, were delicious and a really nice touch

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
General-Manager-GFD, General Manager at Guildford Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel whilst attending a wedding and for taking the time to write your feedback on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to hear there was little to fault from your two night stay with us and the staff, room and breakfast were all to the high standards we pride ourselves on. We are in the process of changing the lamp shades in the bedrooms which should give guests more light however should this not be bright enough, we do have additional free standing halogen lamps available on request.

My team and I hope you will consider staying with us again on any future visits to the area and look forward to welcoming you back.

United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This was my second visit to this hotel, my first visit was just over a year ago. The room I had this year was even better than my last visit, absolute perfection, not a thing to find fault with....I just wish I could live in surroundings like this all the time! The service and quality of the food for dinner was impeccable, but breakfast wasn't as top knotch as my previous stay. The tea and coffee served were luke warm, some of the breakfast items were missing (though quickly replaced once pointed out). The variety was great and quality was great, and staff very helpful and friendly.

I was a little disappointed with the spa on this visit, and it seemed like it wasn't quite up to the usually very high standards. The pool machine was broken, the steam room was out of action, and the attention to detail just not as high as previously. The service on the desk also wasn't as good as it could have been. But I still really enjoyed my visit, and am sure it will all be fixed before my next visit.

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on this site and for again choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel for your recent stay in the area.

I am delighted to hear you thought your bedroom was better than last year’s visit and you could not find fault with it. I am sorry to hear the breakfast buffet was not to the standards we pride ourselves on and I will be following this up with our Head Chef immediately. We do have on-going maintenance works in the wet spa area, however these should be completed shortly and the area back to functioning fully. My team and I hope that you thoroughly enjoy your next visit with us.

Chichester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Room lovely, swift book in system. Afternoon tea disappointing. Spa treatment lovely and spa good to relax in. Breakfast selection and service excellent. Close to shops and ok walk from train station.

1 Thank Edders2907
General-Manager-GFD, General Manager at Guildford Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel for your recent visit to Surrey and for taking the time to write your feedback on this site.

I am delighted to hear your room was lovely, spa treatments were relaxing and breakfast buffet was to your liking. I am sorry to hear your Afternoon Tea was disappointing and will be following this up with my Head Chef and Food & Beverage Manager.

My team and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel on a future visit to Guildford.

Farnham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I arrived late at the hotel, but even then, the check-in was easy and simple, made that way by the friendly staff who not only checked us in but gave us all the information needed there and then. The room was beautifully kept and very clean and they are clearly very proud of the service they offer, as it should be. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone, especially those just passing through or staying for just one night,

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
General-Manager-GFD, General Manager at Guildford Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Laura,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Trip Advisor and for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel for your recent business trip to the area.

I am delighted to hear your check in process was easy and simple and you were given all the information necessary for a comfortable stay whilst with us. I am pleased to hear your bedroom was to your liking and you will be recommending us to others. We are indeed very proud of the service we offer and have won awards on this too.

My team and I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Carrickfergus, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I can't really complain about anything. I stayed two nights and thought the room was good but small. I also couldn't find the air conditioning. The staff were very helpful and the breakfasts were excellent. It was very close to all the shops.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
General-Manager-GFD, General Manager at Guildford Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel for your recent visit to Surrey and for taking the time to write your feedback on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to hear you have no cause to complain about your stay with us and found the room to be good. We do have larger rooms available should guests wish for larger beds of floor space. All our bedrooms are fitted with individual air conditioning units and the panels can be found on the wall leading into the bedroom area. Should guests have difficulty, a member of staff can be contacted via the one touch telephone in the guest bedrooms. I am pleased to hear you found all the staff encountered to be very helpful and the breakfast buffets were to your liking.

My team and I hope to see you again soon.

london
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Stayed at the hotel for one night. Have to say the service from start to finish was excellent, very inviting at the front desk and the service in the breakfast dining area was impeccable, waiter was very attentive. Breakfast buffet was very good and the Apple Danish was exceptionally delicious. Didn't eat in the restaurant as there are plenty of decent restaurants within walking distance to the hotel. Room was lovely decor quite comfortable, couldn't fault it, could do with a brighter light over the mirror area in bathroom. Luckily because it was a week day didn't have to pay to use the spa but it should be free as the pool area is so small. Went there late in evening so it was quiet. As for parking when enquiried at the desk it was not made clear there would be a charge for the car park when we arrived back from eating out. Overall had a comfortable stay.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on this site and for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel for your recent stay in the area.

I am delighted to hear you had a wonderful stay with us and that the service received from the start to the finish was excellent. I am pleased to hear the breakfast buffet was to your liking and you found the bedroom comfortable. I am sorry to hear you did not eat with us in our Scoff & Banter Restaurant and hope you will consider this on any future visits. I will be speaking to the Front Office Team about ensuring guests are made aware of the charge for parking at the time of enquiry and apologise for any inconvenience caused.

My team and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.