“Smart and modern” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Guildford
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Smart and modern”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here a couple of times for business and had consistent quality service. Staff are friendly and professional, it is within walking distance to the Guilford High Street so a few options for eating out, although the Banter and Nosh restaurant is also very good. Hotel room was modern and well appointed. Wifi was sometimes a bit flakey. It pays to book a taxi ahead, which hotel staff are happy to do.

Stayed July 2014
General-Manager-GFD, General Manager at Guildford Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel for your recent business trip to the area and for taking the time to write your feedback on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to hear that we consistently offer you quality service on your visits and you find the staff to be friendly and professional. Your review serves as a great motivator to the team who all share a passion for great customer service, and would help other travellers make an informed choice on their accommodation requirements when in the area. I have asked my IT team to look into your feedback about the Wi-Fi.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Peter Wardley

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

As a special spa day for 3 sisters I thought this would be perfect pamper afternoon sadly it really was quite an average experience. The pool jets were not working, the vapour in the steam room was overpowering and staff, although sweet, gave a pretty average spa experience. Sticky floors, noisy relaxation room, poor booking system made it feel like a staff training day not an holistic experience.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on this site and for choosing The Spa at the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel for your spa day.

I am sorry to hear you did not thoroughly enjoy your day with us and did not experience the usually calm and relaxing atmosphere The Spa offers. Our pool jets are currently undergoing maintenance work however I will ask them to look into the vapour in the steam room, as this should not be overpowering. I have passed your feedback on to the Spa Manager and she will ensure the comments are acted upon.

I do hope you will consider returning to The Spa and allow us to restore your faith in our brand.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

Excellent polite staff, checking in and out was smooth and easy. The hotel is very nice looking and has a good bar and restaurant. The bedrooms were very comfortable and they had a great bathroom. Great Location too. Perfect stay.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
General-Manager-GFD, General Manager at Guildford Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Kerry,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel for your recent visit to the area and for taking the time to write your feedback on this site.

I am delighted to hear you had a thoroughly enjoyable stay with us and found the hotel to be very comfortable and well situated at the top of Guildford’s High Street. I am pleased to hear the hotels design and décor was to your liking and you enjoyed the food and beverage offering.

My team and I hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed here with a view to doing some retail therapy prior to a wedding in the afternoon.
The hotel is in an excellent position for the centre of Guildford - which is a very good shopping centre.
The hotel room was modern comfortable and well equipped.
Staff were very well trained - polite friendly and helpful.
Breakfast was first class - included in our deal .
My only gripe is the car parking charge - £10 a night. We paid in the adjacent council city car park and paid half this. ( as we only needed overnight and 4 hours in the morning. I feel the hotel should adjust for latecomers who aren't staying for 24 hours.
All in all , an excellent choice for Guildford

Room Tip: We found a good rate with secret escapes
1 Thank TurleighTraveller
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Trip Advisor and for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel whilst attending a local wedding.

I am delighted to hear you found the hotels location excellent for visiting the many retail outlets Guildford has to offer and your room was comfortable and well equipped. I am pleased to hear the staff were friendly and helpful and our breakfast buffet was to your liking. I am sorry to hear you were not happy with the parking arrangement at the hotel. The hotels secure underground car park is £10 per 24 hours, however there is a municipal pay and display car park next to the hotel should guests prefer to use this.

My team and I hope to be able to welcome you back on a future visit to Guildford.

Rugby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

First visit to Guildford and can genuinely recommend this hotel. Excellent location and very modern decor. The staff were very helpful and friendly. Nice touch that reception phoned room to enquire as satisfactory soon after checking in. Hotel has limited parking but a good tip is that there is a pay & display car park at the rear which is free overnight. Excellent buffet breakfast choice. Would definitely use this hotel in future.

Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
General-Manager-GFD, General Manager at Guildford Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Bernard,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel for your first visit to Guildford and for taking the time to write your feedback on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to hear you will recommend us and we provided everything you needed for a comfortable stay. I am pleased to hear the hotels location was convenient and you liked the personal touches such as our follow-up calls. We do have limited spaces in our secure underground car park however there is a large municipal pay and display car park to the rear of the hotel. I am delighted to hear the breakfast buffet was to your liking and you will be using us again.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reigate, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

I stayed for one night with my daughter as a birthday treat. When we arrived there had been a mix-up with the booking which was the fault of the booking company not putting the booking thought to the hotel so they were not expecting us. Despite being very busy, the reception staff couldn't have gone to more trouble to sort this out for us and seated us in the comfortable bar with complimentary drinks until it was solved. The rest of the stay was lovely. The beds were very comfortable and I had one of the best nights sleep ever! We went out for the evening and when we arrived back at the hotel I was slightly concerned that our room seemed to be directly above a nightclub which we could hear in the corridor. However, once in the room we were not disturbed at all. Breakfast was also very good & I would recommend.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
General-Manager-GFD, General Manager at Guildford Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Jenni,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on this site and for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel for your birthday treat.

I am delighted to hear that on arrival the staff were able to rectify a booking error made by your booking company, and looked after both you and your daughter whilst making the arrangements. I am pleased to hear your stay was lovely and comfortable and you had one of the best night’s sleep. I am also pleased to hear our breakfast buffet was to your liking and you will be recommending us.

My team and I hope to welcome you back on a future visit to the area.

Wokingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

Nothing is too much trouble. Approachable, friendly staff. Came here for my boyfriends birthday and they even left a little cake in the room whilst we were at the spa. Just little touches that count! No fault. Superb! Especially the staff at scoff and banter (Raoul!!)

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank lel1410
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel for your boyfriends birthday treat and for taking the time to write your feedback on this site.

I am delighted to hear you will recommend us and we were able to surprise and delight you whilst you were staying with us. I am pleased to hear the staff were friendly and approachable and would like to thank you for the lovely comment about Raul, who was delighted to have made such an impression.

My team and I hope to welcome you both back again soon.