“Excellent and classy”

Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Guildford
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Excellent and classy”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

This was a lovely hotel although you are greeted by 2 enormous ceramic red reindeer lounging on 2 huge sofas in Reception! That said, it was really warm and the receptionist offered me a cool drink as I checked in. The hotel was well presented, nothing shabby about it at all. Everything is all black, grey and red with white linen and towels. Although not the biggest room I'd stayed in I had booked a single and was given a Queen Superior room. The bed was wonderful. Very deep and a mattress topper too. The pillow was duck feather but crammed into a small pillowcase so this didn't collapse as much as I would have liked (I'm really fussy about stiff necks versus soft pillows in hotels) but overall a good nights' rest which isn't always possible in a strange bed. The bathroom was state of the art except for the shower head which was a fixed plastic one and I had expected a rainshower one given the high end finish of the marble sink unit and the separate bath/shower. The breakfast was more than adequate and they brought your toast along with your choice of hot drink. I always like it when they prepare that to order rather than you having to stand around one of those machines that undercooks one side and then when you've put it back in, it burns it! The service was great. This trip was a work related one so I felt very well treated given it was work. Would definitely recommend if you are in Guildford and will go again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank markandsian
General-Manager-GFD, General Manager at Guildford Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Mark & Sian,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on this site and for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel for your business trip to the area.

I am delighted to hear you found the hotel to your liking and had a very comfortable stay with us. Our rooms do vary in size, with the Queen Superior being our smallest however a larger room would be available on request should you require a larger one. Your review serves as a great motivator to the team who all share a passion for great customer service, and would help other travellers make an informed choice on their accommodation requirements when in the area.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Peter Wardley

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
  • Polish first
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2014

New Modern Hotel, Lovely rooms with great Air Conditioning, Very Pleasant and helpful staff and great location. Free WiFi and good parking in centre of Guildford. Have stayed before and would definitely stay again. Lynn B

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Lynn,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel for your recent business trip to the area and for taking the time to write your feedback on this site.

I am delighted to hear you have enjoyed your stays with us and would definitely stay with us again in the future. I am pleased to hear the hotel décor, location, car park and Wi-Fi are all to your liking and all the staff you have encountered are very pleasant and helpful.

My team and I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Have stayed at this hotel before and rated it Very Good previously. Rooms are well appointed and room service breakfast excellent. My issue with this visit is that having arrived after a long haul flight at 8pm on a Friday night we were told that the car park was full and very rudely advised by the front dek staff ' that there are only 50 spaces and its on a first come first served basis' When I enquired as to an alternative solution it was suggested a near by surface car park may suffice but this required buying a ticket with coins which we didnt have as we'd only recently arrived. we then had to trudge around Guildford trying to find an ATM and then a shop to change some of the money to coins. Really wasnt what was needed with a tired child after a long flight, and it just felt that the front desk staff really couldnt care less about us.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Justin,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Trip Advisor and for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel for your visit to the area.

Whilst I am delighted to hear you have stayed with us previously and found the stay to be very good, I am sorry that on this occasion we were unable to allocate a parking space to you. We do have limited spaces available in our secure underground car park and these are allocated on a first come first served basis. When the car park is full, there is a municipal pay and display car park to the rear of the hotel. I understand this has caused frustration and will be looking in to how we can better combat this for future guests.

I do hope you will consider returning in the future as your stays have been enjoyable.

London,
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Myself and a friend stayed in this hotel which is lovely but we had an twin 'deluxe' which didn't seem to be very deluxe and the soundproofing between the rooms wasn't great, at one stage during the night we thought the people in the next room were in our room! Also, the pool is tiny! Spa treatment was lovely

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

General-Manager-GFD, General Manager at Guildford Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel for your spa break and for taking the time to write your feedback on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to hear you found the hotel and spa treatment to be lovely. Our deluxe bedrooms offer larger beds, floor space and additional seating for guests to relax. I am sorry to hear the guests in the bedroom next to yours were particularly noisy. If a member of staff had been made aware they were disturbing you, the guests would have been contacted and asked to be mindful of others. Our wet spa pool is designed for fitness and is therefore fitted with two contra jets which give resistance to swimmers.

I do hope you will consider returning in the future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Do not leave any clothes at the hotel .I left asuit and when I wnt back the next evening to pick it up it took them 30 minutes to find and when they did it had been stuffed in a bag and was like a rag .My complaints fell on deaf ears and silent looks with a take it or leave it attitude

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Graham,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on this site and for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel for your visit to the area.

I am sorry to hear you were unhappy with the time taken to collect your lost property. All items found in bedrooms are bagged and taken to be logged and locked away in our Housekeeping secure store room. When a guest enquires about an item of lost property, the correct procedures must be adhered to for us to ensure the items are going to the right person. The item then has to be taken from the store room and bought up to reception. I agree that this should not have taken 30 minutes and the clothing should have been folded and I can assure you I will be following this up with my Head Housekeeper.

Again I would like to apologise and hope you will see this as an isolated incident.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I have stayed here for business trips and it is a firm favourite when I am in the Guildford area. Easy access to the upper high street - and great ' queen of hearts' afternoon tea. Rooms clean and spacious. Room service good - hotel staff attentive.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
General-Manager-GFD, General Manager at Guildford Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for continually choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel for your business trips to the area and for taking the time to write your feedback on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to hear the Radisson Blu Edwardian Guildford Hotel is your firm favourite place to stay in the area and you find the hotels location convenient for accessing the High Street. Our Queen of Hearts Afternoon Tea is a favourite amongst our guests, with its delicate sandwiches, cakes and fresh loose tea. Your review serves as a great motivator to the team who all share a passion for great customer service, and would help other travellers make an informed choice on their accommodation requirements when in the area.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Toledo, United States
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Excellent hotel. New and modern, very clean rooms and facilities. Location was within walking distance of many restaurants and pubs. Shopping very convenient as well. Overall, I recommend this hotel if you are staying in the Guildford area and are looking for a convenient location.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Bill,

I am delighted to hear you found the hotel to be excellent and offering new, modern and very clean rooms and facilities. I am pleased to hear you found the hotels location convenient for walking in to the town and would thoroughly recommend us to others.

My team and I hope to welcome you back again soon.