“Style and Comfort”

Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Guildford
Halkwell, United Kingdom
“Style and Comfort”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Raddison Guildford is a stylish and contemporary hotel that provides excellent sergvice and comfort, it is centrally positioned minutes from great shops, Bars and restaurants. I have stayed here for business for the last 12 weeks the best sleep I have had during 4 years of travel, the service and help is second to none.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

General-Manager-GFD, General Manager at Guildford Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Melvyn,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel for your recent business trip to the area and for taking the time to write your feedback on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to hear you found the hotel to be stylish and providing excellent service and comfort. We are very fortunate to be located at the top of Guildford’s High Street and with a short walk of the many retail outlets the town has to offer. I am pleased to hear you have found the service to be consistent during your long stay with us and I hope we can continue to meet your expectations.

Peter Wardley

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
  • Polish first
guliford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2014

The rooms are definatley not worth the value paid. Although they are nice, you coud recieve better value for money in a budget hotel. Our room had lots of features in but it just seemed very cramped. Breakfast was luke warm with a poor selection and not worth the £17 that we had to pay for it.

1 Thank Anthony D
General-Manager-GFD, General Manager at Guildford Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Anthony,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on this site and for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel for your recent stay in the area.

I am sorry to hear you were not thoroughly satisfied with your stay, as we usually receive very good reviews and feedback. I ask you to please complete the feedback questionnaire which is sent to guests after check out so I can look into this matter in greater depth.

Oxford England
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel as members of a wedding party and I have to say , it was an excellent choice. The room was spacious and very comfortable. Cleaning was impeccable and very thorough. The housekeeping team gave an impression of true professionalism ,adaptability and love of their work ( Thank you Lukas!). Reception staff were polite and very friendly. Nothing was too much trouble.
The location of the hotel is perfect with everything you want close at hand.

Two minor negatives.
1) I always expect to pay more for a drink in a hotel bar, but just under £5 for a bottle of Peroni (?) And £10 for a brandy (?) Adding a 10% service charge on top is rubbing salt into the wound - especially when I had to wait 10 minutes to be served. There is a perfectly good pub (The Albany) 200 metres away .

2)I had a problem with the electrics in room . Every time I plugged my lap top in , it tripped the fuse. I was told it was a problem with the laptop /transformer. However this checks out fine so the room definitely has a problem with the electrical loading.

However, I am not letting these 2 issues detract from a wonderful stay

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Terry,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel whilst attending a local wedding and for taking the time to write your feedback on this site.

I am delighted to hear you found the hotel to be an excellent choice and offered a spacious and comfortable room. Thank you for taking the time to write your kind comments and praise for our Housekeeping staff, who work very hard to ensure our standards are the highest possible. I am sorry to hear you found the bar pricey, as we continually review our pricing to ensure we are in line with our local competitors. I have asked my Maintenance Manager to look into why there was an issue with your electricity fuse to ensure this is rectified immediately. My team and I hope to welcome you back on a future visit to Guildford.

United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed for a night in August for he's 21tst birthday! The staff where very attentive and helpful. As it was an occasion they gave us a complimentary upgrade which was very much appreciated! Every thing about our room was tip top and we really enjoyed our stay and would not hesitate to book again!! Well worth the money that I paid. Very happy guest at this hotel!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Danielle,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Trip Advisor and for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel for your boyfriends 21st birthday treat.

I am delighted to hear the staff were helpful and attentive and we were able to offer you a complimentary upgrade when you checked in. I am pleased to hear your room was to your liking and you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. My team and I hope to see you again soon.

Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2014

An excellent stay with my daughter for an overnight girly shopping break in Guildford. The staff were efficient, friendly and helpful. The small touches of a card with some complimentary cakes in the room was welcoming. Drinks in the bar a bit pricey but for one night it was fine. I will definitely stay there again.

Dear Lisa,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel for your girly shopping break and for taking the time to write your feedback on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to hear you had an excellent stay with us and found the staff to be efficient, friendly and helpful. I am also pleased to hear the welcome plate was to your liking and you would definitely stay with us again. I am sorry to hear you found the bar pricey, as we continually review our pricing to ensure we are in line with our local competitors. We look forward to welcoming you both back in the near future.

Colorado Springs, United States
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I was there on business and the Radisson Blu in Guildford was an excellent choice It was close to work, and the area provide more than enough eating establishments and other things to do. The room was very comfortable and well maintained. The spa hada well equipped gym and pool.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Tim,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on this site and for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel for your business trip to the area.

I am delighted to hear you found the Radisson to be an excellent choice, as it was in close proximity to your work and well situated for visiting the town. I am pleased that room was comfortable and you were able to relax and unwind in our onsite gym and spa. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I stayed at the here for a week in August with my son, who was attending summer school at the University. We had a great time, the breakfast was excellent with lots of choice especially for a ravenous teenager. The room was very comfortable and clean. Nice detail: we got 2 new bottles of water every day.

Dear Ana,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel for your stay in the area and for taking the time to write your feedback on this site.

I am delighted to hear you had a great time with us and especially enjoyed the breakfast buffet. I am pleased to hear the room was comfortable and clean and you particularly liked the complimentary water in your room.

We hope to welcome you back when next in the country.