US$113
Free cancellation until 03/08
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Premier Inn Guildford North (A3) Hotel(Guildford)(Great Value!)
US$84
PremierInn.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$97/night.

TripAdvisor
2,140 results
All reviewsradisson blurelaxation roomcar parkmodern hotelhigh streetcocktail barafternoon teaspa facilitiesdeluxe roomcentral locationsteam roomchecking inhotel barreception staffroom keysaturday nightweekend break
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Room 142 was claustrophobic, frosted glass window could not see out and could not open window for fresh air. Not a good nights sleep as banging from corridor door. Dinner was disappointing but breakfast the next morning was ok.

Hotel nothing like as good as the Raddison at Heathrow. Would not stay there again. Checked out after one night but we had booked for two night stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Helen C
General-Manager-GFD, General Manager at Guildford Harbour Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear Helen,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel for your recent stay in the area and for taking the time to write your feedback on Trip Advisor.

I am very sorry to hear you did not thoroughly enjoy your stay with us. There are a few bedrooms on one side of the hotel which we had the requirement to frost at the time of building the hotel, as these look over neighbouring houses and a junior school. This was an instruction from Guildford Borough Council. Since opening the hotel, we have had comments posted on Trip Advisor and other review sites about the frosted windows and I have always responded to these advising the reason for this. As the windows are also locked, we installed a fresh air system throughout the hotel and every room is fitted with an individual air conditioning unit which can be heated or cooled to the guests preference. I have shared your feedback with the team and I am disappointed you will not return and allow us to restore your faith in us.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Hotel staff was professional and courteous. Was greeted with a smile. Room was a bit small, but modern and very well accented. Gym was very useful and well maintained. Staff was very quick to respond to any requests.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

Dear Kenneth,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on this site and for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel for your business trip to Surrey.

I am delighted to hear the staff were professional and courteous and available to assist with any requests you had. Our rooms vary in size and should a room not be big enough, a room move can be arranged subject to availability. I am pleased to hear you found the onsite gym convenient and well maintained. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

We stayed at the Radisson Blu in Guildford prior to attending a family wedding. We were fortunate to get a deal rate of £100 per night which made this not much more expensive than rooms in cheaper chains nearby. The hotel was really comfortable, with one of the nicest bathrooms of any hotels I've stayed in. With some chains the lobby and reception areas are spectacular and the rooms are slightly shabby but at the Radisson the room itself was clean and nicely decorated. The hotel is handy for local restaurants - we weren't tempted by the hotel restaurant even for breakfast as it was very pricey, but there are lots of alternatives locally. Staff were really helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel whilst attending a family wedding in the area and for taking the time to write your feedback on this site.

I am delighted to hear you were able to get a good rate for your stay and you found the hotel to be really comfortable. As a new hotel, we are very fortunate with the modern design and ensure that all works are completed as soon as possible so guests get the ‘wow’ factor on arrival. I am sorry to hear we couldn’t tempt you to dine in our new restaurant, Steak & Lobster, as the reviews have been outstanding and we are very proud of the brand. Either a 10oz steak or a whole lobster is priced at £18.00 and it includes French fries and unlimited salad. I do hope that on a future visit you will try the offering.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

I have been visiting this hotel for over 2 years and always a pleasure to stay here. Always have a warm welcome from reception and Jemma in the breakfast room is the most pleasant, efficient staff ever.
I have also hosted a couple of business events in the conference facilities and the on floor staff are just excellent. Really really accommodating and really give professional service. I would have no problem in recommending the venue as a business centre or hosting an event.
Location is good, hotel is nice and clean. Friendly service. Restaurant is good,nice room service, good choice of tv channels. Fine gym. Spa area could be a bit cleaner. Bar closes too early which is a shame. Think you lose a bit of business there.
I always ask for a bathrobe when I check in and it's never a problem.
It's a pleasure to travel for business when staying here.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Nikita,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Trip Advisor and for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel for your business trip to the area.

I am delighted to hear you have been staying with us for 2 years and have always enjoyed your time in house. Thank you for the kind comments about our breakfast hostess, Jemma who receives many comments about the great service she provides. I am pleased to hear that whilst hosting business conferences with us, you found the facilities and staff excellent. Your review serves as a great motivator to the team who all share a passion for great customer service, and would help other travellers make an informed choice on their accommodation requirements when in the area.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

We spent a night at the Radisson Blu with our two small children (ages 6 and 4) with the specific purpose of using the swimming pool and spa facilities only to be told no one under the age of 16 could use the pool facilities. It was the only reason we booked this overpriced hotel. I fully appreciate that somewhere in the terms and conditions, the Blu probably makes clear that children cannot use the pool but it was not made at all clear when I booked the rooms. When I asked why I was explained it was because of the "dim lighting". It felt like a mean and unnecessary restriction and completely ruined our short stay here.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Walshio43

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel for your overnight stay and for taking the time to write your feedback on Trip Advisor.

I am sorry to hear you were not provided the correct information with regard to the wet spa area. When we opened the hotel and had the facilities checked by our Group Health & Safety Manager, the fitness pool and wet spa were deemed as unsuitable for anyone under the age of 16 years. This is due to the area not being continually manned by a member of staff, the pool is deep and is fitted with 2 powerful contra jets, which provide resistance to swimmers and can force inexperienced swimmers underwater. I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.