“Cosy Atmosphere, Charming Staff”

Chada Thai Restaurant
Ranked #114 of 292 Restaurants in Guildford
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 21 December 2013

This restaurant is tucked out of the way just a short drive from Guildford Town Centre (the restautrant is in Shalford). The lighting was dim and nice and cosy and our table had heaters closeby to add to the warmth of the restaurant. The place was pretty full when we arrived at 7.40 (had an 8pm booking). We ordered starters, I had the lovely fishcakes which were really tasty (4 small fishcakes). My husband had vegetable tempura, I tasted it too and we both agreed they were very good - not too crispy and overcook but just perfect. Our main courses (see pictures) were No:25 and 71 on the menu, mushroom gaprao hed and beef pad gaprao with sticky rice and egg fried rice.
We had the Mango Tango dessert which was okay. The mango was slightly green but presented and cut lovely and the icecream was great. The waffle was not great. All in all it was a great meal, dessert let it down slightly.
The staff were very good. I don't think I have ever been to a Thai restaurant where the staff have ever not been perfect and this restaurant would be the same :-) lovely friendly staff who were very efficient.
By the time we left at around 9ish the restaurant was very quiet. If we had booked for later I would have been puzzled and wondered why it was so quiet but I think with the cold weather people are generally eating out earlier. I will 100% be back. I enjoyed it very much.
I also noticed many people popping in to get takeaways which is great too.

2  Thank NikiTurner
There are newer reviews for Chada Thai Restaurant

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Went here for a birthday meal, and it was fabulous. Service was prompt and food was superb, what more could you want.

3  Thank plantlady21
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Great food here, a little empty at times so not much atmosphere, but the food is amazing and the staff are superb. The takeaway feature means this restaurant is perfect for a cold evening

1  Thank Max M
Reviewed 26 September 2013

We picked up a takeaway after receiving a leaflet through the door. Food was really delicious. Completely different to a lot of other takeaways in the area. Really fresh and doesn't taste of MSG!
Highly recommend the duck.

3  Thank SarahCoops
Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

Friendly welcoming staff. Menu very comprehensive. The Beef Massaman curry was fabulous with a coconut rice as the recommended style of rice to have with it. My partner had a very spicy Chicken dish, she had the egg fried rice with it.

Thoroughly recommend eating here.

2  Thank Andrew P